• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[STABLE][ANDROID 11] CrDroid 7.8 [OFFICIAL][MIATOLL]

Search This thread

sieben43

Sep 20, 2016
But it was working on the 7.6
It's my fav. Camera app, didn't find best than it ever.
If it really don't work, gonna change to another rom.
Try the latest stable gcam by arnova, been using it since release 3 months and it gives really great results. Only thing not working are macro videos (but who cares anyway) and awb isn't perfect in extreme bright white light (but still fine).
As for configuration you only have to set auxiliary camera number to 3 instead of 4 and that's about it, the rest is your choice.

Doom2014

Feb 9, 2017
Ténès, Algeria
Try the latest stable gcam by arnova, been using it since release 3 months and it gives really great results. Only thing not working are macro videos (but who cares anyway) and awb isn't perfect in extreme bright white light (but still fine).
As for configuration you only have to set auxiliary camera number to 3 instead of 4 and that's about it, the rest is your choice.
Hi
Ok gonna try it, by the way I'm using Footej camera 2 premium, not bad at all.

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
I can't confirm this problem with the official 7.6 version. I use only one SIM card in the outer slot which obviously is slot 1:
Hi @xda-nick

Thanks for your interest and feedback!

Can you clarify what you mean by the "outer" slot? Do you mean in relation to the frame of the SIM-Tray or do you mean in relation to the body of the phone?

On all Redmi Note 9Pros I have seen, when inserted, SIM1 is closer to the left outside frame of the phone when looking at the screen in portrait. SIM2 is towards the center of the phone when inserted.

I am attaching an image of my SIM tray in a configuration which allows the ear speaker to be used on phone calls. The phone reports this (pictured) configuration to be using SIM2. I have other Redmi Note 9 Pros in the field where the tray is actually clearly etched with this information too, but with the one I have on hand it is barely visible (especially in the photo).

If I put a SIM in slot 1, ear speaker on calls immediately stops working.
RedmiNote9Pro.SimTray.IMG_20210706_122735.reduced+redacted.jpg

xda-nick

Apr 2, 2020
I mean outer in relation to the phone body. Or next to the SD card. On my SIM tray the slot numbers are visible, the empty one in your photo is 1, the other one 2. On my phone the earspeaker works with the SIM in either of them.

realFalse

Jul 21, 2019
I tried to dirty-flash crDroid 7.7 over my existing 7.6 but it didn't work.
I got and error (enablefilecrypto failed) and ended with a bootloop.
I had re-flash 7.6 to get the device working again since I do NOT want wipe (clean-flash).

PS: my device is curtana

lg-optimus

Mar 5, 2012
Unfortunately a lot(!) of random reboots using 7.6 and 7.7 while everything else is working, at least I didn't notice a problem. I didn't notice the reboots with the stock rom.

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
I mean outer in relation to the phone body. Or next to the SD card. On my SIM tray the slot numbers are visible, the empty one in your photo is 1, the other one 2. On my phone the earspeaker works with the SIM in either of them.

Hi @xda-nick:

I'm glad to hear it works for you.

Can you confirm you are using Joyeuse (i.e. Redmi Note 9 Pro - "Global")

Also, what steps did you take on the way to installing CrDoid 7.6? Straight from stock? Something in-between? Did you install any firmware or vendor files (and which ones)?

Thanks in advance for your continued input.

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
Why there be no Vanilla anymore?

I dont understand this. gapps can anyone download and flash if needed?

Hi @tomekk228

AGREE! "Forcing" Gapps is bad form, in my opinion.

It is so easy to download and flash exactly the Gapps package one wants. Even better, a Gapps config file can then be used to remove residual "bloat" in CrDroid (such as "music," "calendar," "phone," etc.).

I want to pick "best of breed" apps and NONE of the apps which come with AOSP variants are what I want.

I wish CrDroid came with a version which is completely "naked." As a result, someday I'll probably need to work on my own custom ROM . . . I'm hoping for a pure Linux phone before it comes to that! :)

xda-nick

Apr 2, 2020
@fbachofner, I can confirm that I'm using a Joyeuse, although I'm not sure if it's a Global or EU version. I assume the latter, I clean flashed the official crDroid 7.3 release on a Vodafone branded phone with the respective stock Android 10 ROM and firmware. I haven't updated any firmware or vendor files. I OTA-updated to the 7.4 and 7.6 version when they were released. You can follow my "history" from the start in the respective thread. As my phone runs smoothy without any issues, I'm trying to avoid dispensable "experiments" like the one described in my last posting in the above-mentioned thread. Especially re-installing my numerous banking apps and getting them to work in spite of root is exhausting. Here is a screenshot of my current phone configuration data:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210709-181851875.jpg
    Screenshot_20210709-181851875.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 31

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
Hi @xda-nick

Thanks for your quick response.

@fbachofner, I can confirm that I'm using a Joyeuse, although I'm not sure if it's a Global or EU version.

Great. Me too, although definitely "global." These two phones seem identical except for the stock ROM.

You can follow my "history" from the start in the respective thread. As my phone runs smoothy without any issues, I'm trying to avoid dispensable "experiments" like the one described in my last posting in the above-mentioned thread. Especially re-installing my numerous banking apps and getting them to work in spite of root is exhausting. Here is a screenshot of my current phone configuration data:

I'll read your "history" a bit later, but from your response it seems my approach was similar except that I first flashed various LOS 18.x variants.

Those too (immediately) had the ear-speaker in call problems (it took a short while for me to realize it as I usually use speakerphone in my office and bluetooth in the car . . .)

I have since reflashed with stock (wherein the ear-speaker then again works on calls) and then gone directly to CrDroid 7.6 which "breaks" the ear-speaker for calls (only with a SIM in slot 1, as previously discussed). Frustrating!

BTW, you are probably smart to avoid the OTA update to 7.7. Both that and the recovery I found (for 7.7) render my phone inoperable (it quickly gets stuck at the initial Redmi splash screen).

sieben43

Sep 20, 2016
Forcing" Gapps is bad form, in my opinion.

It is so easy to download and flash exactly the Gapps package one wants. Even better, a Gapps config file can then be used to remove residual "bloat" in CrDroid (such as "music," "calendar," "phone," etc.).

I want to pick "best of breed" apps and NONE of the apps which come with AOSP variants are what I want.

I wish CrDroid came with a version which is completely "naked." As a result, someday I'll probably need to work on my own custom ROM . . . I'm hoping for a pure Linux phone before it comes to that! :)
This is unofficial which means the maintainer can add extras however he wants. Already included gapps also offer much better compatibility than flashable gapps packages and this build doesn't even include that many apps.

Just flash official crDroid if you want the "naked" experience.

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
This is unofficial which means the maintainer can add extras however he wants. Already included gapps also offer much better compatibility than flashable gapps packages and this build doesn't even include that many apps.

It's certainly true that an "unofficial" developer has this option.

I was actually referring more to the base CrDroid offering. I personally wish they included nothing (user facing) but maybe a great file manager like MiXplorer.

Even that should be user uninstallable, IMO. But including such would help slightly less advanced users avoid resorting to ADB to install their first app(s)

CrDroid is clearly a "power user" ROM and should in my opinion behave much more like a (preferably Linux!) PC, where everything is uninstallable.

Just flash official crDroid if you want the "naked" experience.

Even "official" is not "naked" enough! ;):unsure::rolleyes:

sieben43

Sep 20, 2016
It's certainly true that an "unofficial" developer has this option.

I was actually referring more to the base CrDroid offering. I personally wish they included nothing (user facing) but maybe a great file manager like MiXplorer.

Even that should be user uninstallable, IMO. But including such would help slightly less advanced users avoid resorting to ADB to install their first app(s)

CrDroid is clearly a "power user" ROM and should in my opinion behave much more like a (preferably Linux!) PC, where everything is uninstallable.

Even "official" is not "naked" enough! ;):unsure::rolleyes:
MiXplorer isn't even open-source, why would they add it?

Are you seriously complaining about them shipping apps you don't want but wish for them to ship proprietary software others might not want to use?

crDroid offers a small base of functional apps for everyday use based on the lineageos source that you can uninstall or disable without any issue. I'm sure whoever made it this far unlocking his bootloader and flashing a custom recovery and rom will be able to run simple adb commands to get rid of certain applications or use apps to remove them, or, even easier, just leave them on the device and never touch them, as they barely take any space or resources.

The only apps I don't use that came pre-installed are Google Files, FM Radio, Music and the default Camera, it's not really like the device is bloated, unless you want a Google-free experience of course, but then again this build isn't for you.

Also this isn't Linux and if you want the full customized experience you can always create your own rom or build your own version of crDroid.

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
Hi @sieben43

MiXplorer isn't even open-source, why would they add it?

Are you seriously complaining about them shipping apps you don't want but wish for them to ship proprietary software others might not want to use?

Oops. Didn't realize MiXplorer is closed source! And no, I would prefer them to NOT ship proprietary software (although I'll continue to use MiXplorer until I find a better free alternative).

My main point is I wish there would be a CrDroid version which includes nothing but a file manager. I think there are many like-minded "power" users who would like to build a system from the ground up without:
  1. having to remove apps . . . or
  2. having to spin their own ROM

crDroid offers a small base of functional apps for everyday use based on the lineageos source that you can uninstall or disable without any issue. I'm sure whoever made it this far unlocking his bootloader and flashing a custom recovery and rom will be able to run simple adb commands to get rid of certain applications or use apps to remove them, or, even easier, just leave them on the device and never touch them, as they barely take any space or resources.

And such complete removal (with the exception of FM Radio, which I leave for "emergency" use) is exactly what I do.

Unfortunately, CrDroid puts 4 apps (camera, gallery, music and mattlog) into /system_ext/priv-app and /product/priv-app

This means that a Gapps config file can NOT be used to remove/debloat these apps from the ROM. While I find it relatively easy (trivial, really -- but it takes some time) to remove them with a rooted file manager, others may not and I am just advocating making any and all apps easier to remove.

I install (Pico) Gapps for two reasons:
  1. using the config file to debloat is easy and powerful
  2. the onlyuser-facing app I keep is Play Store . . . so that I have access to 5 paid apps critical to me over the past 6 years or so:
    1. it looks like 2 (AquaMail and a+ Calendar) are about to be replaced with open source alternatives
    2. I am in testing for 1 more replacement (FolderSync Pro)
    3. the final two look "sticky" without good replacement options (especially Nova Launcher thanks to its excellent icon "swipe" functionality which has become critical to me)

The only apps I don't use that came pre-installed are Google Files, FM Radio, Music and the default Camera, it's not really like the device is bloated, unless you want a Google-free experience of course, but then again this build isn't for you.

Genuine question: do you have a ROM recommendation which is as customizable as CrDroid and is free of such apps?

As I said, none of the user-facing apps provided by CrDroid are what I would choose. I remove them all (except for Radio, as mentioned). I don't want any cruft.

It is much less about space on the device than visual and conceptual clutter. Even so, every saved byte can also help keep a device working more smoothly, so that makes it worthwhile too.

Also this isn't Linux and if you want the full customized experience you can always create your own rom or build your own version of crDroid.

If a good (modern hardware) Linux phone is not coming fairly soon, a self-built ROM is probably the long game for me.

That's exactly why I said:
As a result, someday I'll probably need to work on my own custom ROM . . . I'm hoping for a pure Linux phone before it comes to that!

Thanks for your interest and engagement!

x3r0.13urn

Nov 1, 2012
Hi @sieben43

Oops. Didn't realize MiXplorer is closed source! And no, I would prefer them to NOT ship proprietary software (although I'll continue to use MiXplorer until I find a better free alternative).

My main point is I wish there would be a CrDroid version which includes nothing but a file manager. I think there are many like-minded "power" users who would like to build a system from the ground up without:
  1. having to remove apps . . . or
  2. having to spin their own ROM
For file manager, I'd have a request this one: https://github.com/zhanghai/MaterialFiles

Reactions: justme_was_taken

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
    • TWRP (Download from here)

First time installation:
      • Download the ROM zip file.
      • Boot into your recovery and wipe Dalvik,Cache,System.
      • Flash the ROM zip file and Format Data ( Optional ).
      • Then Reboot to system and Enjoy

Update installation:
      • Download the update ZIP file and reboot into recovery.
      • In the recovery wipe Dalvik and Cache and flash the zip file.
      • After flashing the update reboot into the system and Enjoy

Sources:
    ROM: CrDroid Source Code
    Kernel: Kernel Source

Download:
    GAPPS Version: Download
    Vanilla Version: Download
    Changelogs:
    28 June 2021
    * Initial CrDroid 7.7 Code
    * Updated to June Security Patch
    * Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.237
    * Updated blobs from LA.UM.9.1.r1-09600-SMxxx0.0
    * Import GPS from LA.UM.9.1.r1-10200-SMxxx0.0
    * lower background apps to 38
    * Support AliPay Fingerprint payment
    * Added Google Camera GO
    * Switched to AIDL Lights HAL
    * Added QTI Thermal HAL
    * And many more awesome changes

Note:
    Hereafter there will be two builds Vanilla build and a GAPPS build. It is important to note that Vanilla builds will not include OTA.
    Edit: There will be no more Vanilla version.

Known issues:
    None. If you find any issues just report to me here with logs.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Miatoll Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    The latest release from 19th Aug finally fixed the problem with the deep sleep freeze for me.

===== 19 August, 2021 =====
    * Rebased and upstreamed kernel to v4.14.244
    * Merged latest CAF tag
    * Removed XiaomiDoze and XiaomiDoze
    * Switched to crDroid Doze ( This should fix deep sleep freeze issue )
    here is the summary of the situation from what little i know.

if you ve been here (XDA) long enough not all agree on the rules here are fair either (DU team). maintainers for devices come and go people who use to build on their own fill in for abandoned ROMS in official capacity all the time. just because SF project owners names differ from the actual builders doesnt mean anything. project owners welcome other people who join to aide in maintaining builds for devices they themselves do not.

if you have issues where active chatter is (where the active maintainers do join in the conversation), and refuse to join, it is your loss. these people are volunteers, you are not entitled with their choice way of communication with their users/community. and non of them deserves to do PR with some of the entitled people you find here all the time. and all those who are in telegram has non of the "kept in dark" issue that you have here. dont like how they operate, you are free to prove urselves better by building your own, and goin to the trouble of up-keeping the best traditions as you believe fit.

the stability issues (unable to wake after deep sleep, etc.) mentioned, from what i understand are all kernel related non got to do with crDroid (although earpiece issues are). most ROMs now, have the same issues and all ROM builders at this very moment are swapping around kernels to see which works best. from the looks of it, so is the build that went out yesterday. whether it worked out or not remains to be seen.
    Amazing ROM thank you. :)
    Is this GApps include?
    Yes, it is.
    What about crdroid 7.10???