• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[STABLE][ANDROID 11] CrDroid 7.8 [OFFICIAL][MIATOLL]

Search This thread

sieben43

Sep 20, 2016
Flashed 7.8 over 7.7 from recovery, no issues.
Everything is fine so far, voip audio loudness still present.
Does using prebuilt audio hal fix the problem, @AdiAtul ?
If so, can you try to address this issue next? It's really annoying to not be able to do voip calls properly.

prosnz

Mar 23, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Various Problems after updating to 7.8
I flashed through recovery.
I had 2 homescreen freezes and this night it Was shut down by itself.
Worst Problem is: Fitbit Doesnt open anymore. I reinstalled already but its still not working. I think its something related to Bluetooth.
Log attached.

Attachments

• fitbit.zip
    34.9 KB · Views: 2

sieben43

Sep 20, 2016
Various Problems after updating to 7.8
I flashed through recovery.
I had 2 homescreen freezes and this night it Was shut down by itself.
Worst Problem is: Fitbit Doesnt open anymore. I reinstalled already but its still not working. I think its something related to Bluetooth.
Log attached.
The freezes over night occurred for me since the first releases of the rom, etherious kernel fixed it, though, and made the rom quite stable, only the audio issues were annoying.

However, the freezes now occurred even with etherious and my bluetooth connections broke, too. I had to pair my bluetooth speakers and my WearOS smartwatch again, which also happens to not be able to use my phone's internet connection, I'll probably have to reset it.

As for the launcher, I'm using Lawnchair and had no crashes here, but I can confirm the bluetooth and freezing issues.

I'll either roll back or switch to another rom, until the vendor problems are ironed out, which is very sad as crDroid is my favourite rom.

Edit: Fingerprint sensor also fails from time to time.

Last edited:

enotar

Jun 23, 2010
The freezes over night occurred for me since the first releases of the rom, etherious kernel fixed it, though, and made the rom quite stable, only the audio issues were annoying.

However, the freezes now occurred even with etherious and my bluetooth connections broke, too. I had to pair my bluetooth speakers and my WearOS smartwatch again, which also happens to not be able to use my phone's internet connection, I'll probably have to reset it.

As for the launcher, I'm using Lawnchair and had no crashes here, but I can confirm the bluetooth and freezing issues.

I'll either roll back or switch to another rom, until the vendor problems are ironed out, which is very sad as crDroid is my favourite rom.

Edit: Fingerprint sensor also fails from time to time.
what would be your Rom of choice? I kind of like the level of config.

sieben43

Sep 20, 2016
what would be your Rom of choice? I kind of like the level of config.
I tried dotOS again, but I don't like that they're using app icons as notification icons, it just looks very cheap. They also don't have a gaming mode or notification control feature to hide notifications automatically in certain apps, which I don't like either.

I then tested SparkOS despite their notication icons, but I had a bunch of issues including general heating and constant system ui crashes after enabling scheduled dnd.

I'm currently on PixelPlusUI, which lacks some customization options, but is overall somewhat stable with small performance hiccups. I also can't find the option to disable screen wake when receiving notifications which is kind of annoying.

I think I'm going to test Evolution X, maybe the version by Sonal, and even though they both seem a bit bloated with features and customization options, they seem similar to crDroids approach. The I just hope they're stable and provide basic functionality, at this point I'm about to take anything on this broken device/platform.

enotar

Jun 23, 2010
I tried dotOS again, but I don't like that they're using app icons as notification icons, it just looks very cheap. They also don't have a gaming mode or notification control feature to hide notifications automatically in certain apps, which I don't like either.

I then tested SparkOS despite their notication icons, but I had a bunch of issues including general heating and constant system ui crashes after enabling scheduled dnd.

I'm currently on PixelPlusUI, which lacks some customization options, but is overall somewhat stable with small performance hiccups. I also can't find the option to disable screen wake when receiving notifications which is kind of annoying.

I think I'm going to test Evolution X, maybe the version by Sonal, and even though they both seem a bit bloated with features and customization options, they seem similar to crDroids approach. The I just hope they're stable and provide basic functionality, at this point I'm about to take anything on this broken device/platform.
Ancient would be nice if they update. For now after ports I coming back here with crdroid 7.8 I kind of like it.

sieben43

Sep 20, 2016
Ancient would be nice if they update. For now after ports I coming back here with crdroid 7.8 I kind of like it.
Evolution X was pretty nice so far and stable during that one day I used it, but I just randomly encountered a freeze/sleep of death, at least not over night.

I'm starting to think about replacing this device with a Poco X3 Plus, I'm so close to being done with all these issues. Also MIUI isn't an option, it never was. But there isn't a single bugfree rom, there are always either charging, audio, heating or performance issues.

zmhls

May 28, 2021
Redmi Note 9 Pro
please return the extended network selection. It is impossible to use this, it constantly drops
Screenshot_20210728-225511324.jpg
to 2G. In the Telegram group, there were also complaints about this

_GCS_

Feb 28, 2021
As far as I udnerstood you won't be supporting Vanilla anymore? I really used to enjoy this ROM for months now, and now I need to switch to a ROM that doesn't have Google spyware an bloatware.😿

Reactions: glock24

koshikas

Jun 16, 2015
Colombo
Last edited:

tinaeire

Jun 5, 2015
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hi,
I just updated via OTA from 7.6 to 7.8 2 days ago. I used ACCA with it and it is normally connected to a wallplug and the Hotspot is on. After the update to 7.8 -> when the screen turns off and stays off for longer than 2-3h it cannot turned on anymore, not by pressing the power button nor by double tab. The Hotspot was still working. Downgrading to 7.6 and 7.4 kept this misbehavior.
I had to reinstall MIUI, recovery and then 7.6 to get rid of that 'dead screen' behavior.
Any idea what could have caused that?

glock24

Sep 26, 2012
Hi,
I just updated via OTA from 7.6 to 7.8 2 days ago. I used ACCA with it and it is normally connected to a wallplug and the Hotspot is on. After the update to 7.8 -> when the screen turns off and stays off for longer than 2-3h it cannot turned on anymore, not by pressing the power button nor by double tab. The Hotspot was still working. Downgrading to 7.6 and 7.4 kept this misbehavior.
I had to reinstall MIUI, recovery and then 7.6 to get rid of that 'dead screen' behavior.
Any idea what could have caused that?
I recently updated to 7.8 from 7.6 and the phone just stops responding when idle.

ParadoxLogic

Dec 23, 2018
Hi,

I have just got my first Redmi, im used toflashing samsungs, plese can someone point me at a guide on how to flash?

And links to TWRP etc thats needed. I have the stock rom rooted so i know what i am doingbut i cannot find anything on how to install the custom recovery and flash the roms!

thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest release from 19th Aug finally fixed the problem with the deep sleep freeze for me.

===== 19 August, 2021 =====
    * Rebased and upstreamed kernel to v4.14.244
    * Merged latest CAF tag
    * Removed XiaomiDoze and XiaomiDoze
    * Switched to crDroid Doze ( This should fix deep sleep freeze issue )
    Revolut is working with the last 7.9 release in my Joyeuse device. Non rooted Rom.
    I flashed positron kernel and there's no random reboot or deep sleep freeze or screen. I've been trying the new kernel for three days, so let's see what happens in the next coming days, then I'll back to write my experience.
    I got a Redmi Note 9s Curtana
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
    • TWRP (Download from here)

First time installation:
      • Download the ROM zip file.
      • Boot into your recovery and wipe Dalvik,Cache,System.
      • Flash the ROM zip file and Format Data ( Optional ).
      • Then Reboot to system and Enjoy

Update installation:
      • Download the update ZIP file and reboot into recovery.
      • In the recovery wipe Dalvik and Cache and flash the zip file.
      • After flashing the update reboot into the system and Enjoy

Sources:
    ROM: CrDroid Source Code
    Kernel: Kernel Source

Download:
    GAPPS Version: Download
    Vanilla Version: Download
    Changelogs:
    28 June 2021
    * Initial CrDroid 7.7 Code
    * Updated to June Security Patch
    * Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.237
    * Updated blobs from LA.UM.9.1.r1-09600-SMxxx0.0
    * Import GPS from LA.UM.9.1.r1-10200-SMxxx0.0
    * lower background apps to 38
    * Support AliPay Fingerprint payment
    * Added Google Camera GO
    * Switched to AIDL Lights HAL
    * Added QTI Thermal HAL
    * And many more awesome changes

Note:
    Hereafter there will be two builds Vanilla build and a GAPPS build. It is important to note that Vanilla builds will not include OTA.
    Edit: There will be no more Vanilla version.

Known issues:
    None. If you find any issues just report to me here with logs.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Miatoll Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    The latest release from 19th Aug finally fixed the problem with the deep sleep freeze for me.

===== 19 August, 2021 =====
    * Rebased and upstreamed kernel to v4.14.244
    * Merged latest CAF tag
    * Removed XiaomiDoze and XiaomiDoze
    * Switched to crDroid Doze ( This should fix deep sleep freeze issue )
    here is the summary of the situation from what little i know.

if you ve been here (XDA) long enough not all agree on the rules here are fair either (DU team). maintainers for devices come and go people who use to build on their own fill in for abandoned ROMS in official capacity all the time. just because SF project owners names differ from the actual builders doesnt mean anything. project owners welcome other people who join to aide in maintaining builds for devices they themselves do not.

if you have issues where active chatter is (where the active maintainers do join in the conversation), and refuse to join, it is your loss. these people are volunteers, you are not entitled with their choice way of communication with their users/community. and non of them deserves to do PR with some of the entitled people you find here all the time. and all those who are in telegram has non of the "kept in dark" issue that you have here. dont like how they operate, you are free to prove urselves better by building your own, and goin to the trouble of up-keeping the best traditions as you believe fit.

the stability issues (unable to wake after deep sleep, etc.) mentioned, from what i understand are all kernel related non got to do with crDroid (although earpiece issues are). most ROMs now, have the same issues and all ROM builders at this very moment are swapping around kernels to see which works best. from the looks of it, so is the build that went out yesterday. whether it worked out or not remains to be seen.
    Amazing ROM thank you. :)
    Is this GApps include?
    Yes, it is.
    I flashed yesterday crdroid 7.9 because in the changelog is mentioned that the deep sleep bug is fixed.

But sadly, this isnt. Phone still random freezes if the phone is not used a long time. This occured now 2 times already.

I flashed the newest available version of orangefox recovery, the newest firmware and the newest crdroid build. Clean flash with format of course.

Phone is official redmi note 9s curtana. Buyed in germany.