• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[STABLE][ANDROID 11] CrDroid 7.8 [OFFICIAL][MIATOLL]

Search This thread

tinaeire

Jun 5, 2015
Redmi Note 9 Pro
In Telegram you get wayy more information.
I dont like this either - but you should also keep in mind, its not their Job and you can use the work All for free.
But if someone posts something here this person has to comply with the rules here!
BTW I wrote even a PM to the Maintainer here and got not even of him an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

enotar

Jun 23, 2010
You should calm down right away! We understand you have problem with your device but many peoples flash with success crdroid and dont give such a hard time. so follow the steps and it should work.
BTW I down know anybody from far left or right in Telegram, thanks god!

Back to the subject, what is your issue exactly, describe step by step what you did. I am not the maintener but I flashed crdroid multiple times.

what is your device?
did you unlock your device?
did you install orange fox recovery? I mean orange fox not stock.
do you know how to use recovery menu
can you enter in recovery with success?
did you root your device?
What is your actual rom?

Last edited:
Reactions: Riddler76

tinaeire

Jun 5, 2015
Redmi Note 9 Pro
You should calm down right away! We understand you have problem with your device but many peoples flash with success crdroid and dont give such a hard time. so follow the steps and it should work.
BTW I down know anybody from far right in Telegram, thanks god!
1. I don't have any problem with my Redmi Note 9s, only with the OTA version 7.8. If you would have followed my posts, you would know! I did reinstall 7.6 (the long way, see previous posts!) and have no problem with 7.6!
2. I have a problem of ppl posting here ROM updates, without explaining if the major ****up of 7.8 (deep sleep freeze, which stay even if downgraded tp 7.6 or 7.4, again read my previous posts!) has been solved.
3. If there are steps to avoid the deep sleep freeze pls explain it now here to me and all the others having that problem!

enotar

Jun 23, 2010
1. I don't have any problem with my Redmi Note 9s, only with the OTA version 7.8. If you would have followed my posts, you would know! I did reinstall 7.6 (the long way, see previous posts!) and have no problem with 7.6!
2. I have a problem of ppl posting here ROM updates, without explaining if the major ****up of 7.8 (deep sleep freeze, which stay even if downgraded tp 7.6 or 7.4, again read my previous posts!) has been solved.
3. If there are steps to avoid the deep sleep freeze pls explain it now here to me and all the others having that problem!
Clean flash 7.8 I always do that and ii will work. Download the new one because the first upload had issues with BT.
What I meen by clean flash is:
forget about OTA, never work between official and unofficial
download complete gapped rom 7.8 posted here should be arround 1.8gb
Backup what you need with swift backup nothing else
go into orange fox recovery format data clear cache/dalvik internal storage data (Dont clear SD card).
Flash rom
Flash magisk 23
reboot
Run Magisk, reboot automaticalyafter doing his stuff
Done, you will have to reinstall all your apps
You shouldnt have freeze or SOD I have RN9S and I flashed this rom and it worked.

tinaeire

Jun 5, 2015
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Clean flash 7.8 I always do that and ii will work. Download the new one because the first upload had issues with BT.
What I meen by clean flash is:
forget about OTA, never work between official and unofficial
download complete gapped rom 7.8 posted here should be arround 1.8gb
Backup what you need with swift backup nothing else
go into orange fox recovery format data clear cache/dalvik internal storage data (Dont clear SD card).
Flash rom
Flash magisk 23
reboot
Run Magisk, reboot automaticalyafter doing his stuff
Done, you will have to reinstall all your apps
You shouldnt have freeze or SOD I have RN9S and I flashed this rom and it worked.
I had official 7.6 and OTA wa available. I installed it and then all hell broke lose.
A official crDroid will never have gapps!
I hate ppl who decide for me to have gapps!
7.8 unofficial with gapps is a no go !

koshikas

Jun 16, 2015
Colombo
here is the summary of the situation from what little i know.

if you ve been here (XDA) long enough not all agree on the rules here are fair either (DU team). maintainers for devices come and go people who use to build on their own fill in for abandoned ROMS in official capacity all the time. just because SF project owners names differ from the actual builders doesnt mean anything. project owners welcome other people who join to aide in maintaining builds for devices they themselves do not.

if you have issues where active chatter is (where the active maintainers do join in the conversation), and refuse to join, it is your loss. these people are volunteers, you are not entitled with their choice way of communication with their users/community. and non of them deserves to do PR with some of the entitled people you find here all the time. and all those who are in telegram has non of the "kept in dark" issue that you have here. dont like how they operate, you are free to prove urselves better by building your own, and goin to the trouble of up-keeping the best traditions as you believe fit.

the stability issues (unable to wake after deep sleep, etc.) mentioned, from what i understand are all kernel related non got to do with crDroid (although earpiece issues are). most ROMs now, have the same issues and all ROM builders at this very moment are swapping around kernels to see which works best. from the looks of it, so is the build that went out yesterday. whether it worked out or not remains to be seen.

tinaeire

Jun 5, 2015
Redmi Note 9 Pro
and all those who are in telegram has non of the "kept in dark" issue that you have here
It is not me alone, there are at least 3 other users reporting that "deep freeze" bug.
If you would have read the thread from about page 6, you would see that and you would see that it is unlikely to be a kernel issue like you speculated. Again: I got the "deep freeze" bug after the OTA update from 7.6 to 7.8 and no downgrade after that (neither to 7.6 nor 7.4) got rid of that. I got rid of it by flashing MIUI again, installing OrangeFox, then flashing crDroid 7.6. Now my Redmi Note 9s (curtana) doesn't have the problem anymore not been able to be activated from deep sleep.
You are speculating that the "deep freeze" bug is kernel related. I used no custom kernel with 7.6 before the bug appeared. I used with A11 first 7.4, then 7.6, coming from a clean MIUI "path"^^. Then could it be that the first 7.8 did come with a custom kernel? I just try to help to find the bug, I use happily 7.6 for now as others do....
Edit:
BTW the Thread is named : [STABLE][ANDROID 11] CrDroid 7.8 [OFFICIAL][MIATOLL]
if the 7.8 is not stable and still experimental like you said why not open a [EXPERIMENTAL][ANDROID 11] CrDroid 7.8 [MIATOLL]?

glock24

Sep 26, 2012
I have the deep sleep bug after updating to 7.8. I first installed from OTA, then downloaded the one from this thread and did a clean flash, still got the bug. I downloaded the one from crdroid.net which does not include Gapps, and still got the deep sleep bug. Today I got and OTA notification, upgraded and now I hace the deep sleep bug and BT does not work. The BT devices connect, but there's no sound.

vlouis

Dec 2, 2017
It is not me alone, there are at least 3 other users reporting that "deep freeze" bug.
If you would have read the thread from about page 6, you would see that and you would see that it is unlikely to be a kernel issue like you speculated. Again: I got the "deep freeze" bug after the OTA update from 7.6 to 7.8 and no downgrade after that (neither to 7.6 nor 7.4) got rid of that. I got rid of it by flashing MIUI again, installing OrangeFox, then flashing crDroid 7.6. Now my Redmi Note 9s (curtana) doesn't have the problem anymore not been able to be activated from deep sleep.
You are speculating that the "deep freeze" bug is kernel related. I used no custom kernel with 7.6 before the bug appeared. I used with A11 first 7.4, then 7.6, coming from a clean MIUI "path"^^. Then could it be that the first 7.8 did come with a custom kernel? I just try to help to find the bug, I use happily 7.6 for now as others do....
Edit:
BTW the Thread is named : [STABLE][ANDROID 11] CrDroid 7.8 [OFFICIAL][MIATOLL]
if the 7.8 is not stable and still experimental like you said why not open a [EXPERIMENTAL][ANDROID 11] CrDroid 7.8 [MIATOLL]?
ROMs here can get different "status" like "official" "unofficial" "stable"... But my opinion, except the stock official, all roms here are unofficial and experimental. All people using this roms should be accept that thing, anytime can appear issues, bugs.
All people want "official" and "OTA"...
"Official" for these roms means somebody have an agreement with rom developer team and will take care to update it a period for a device. But it's a volunteer thing, any time can dropped, maintainer changed, updates delayed... another thing what anybody using these roms need to accept.
About "OTA" updates... I don't know if is a good think in this case. OTA updates are the easy way to update, but if something don't work as expected... I make backup before any update, take only few minutes, never use OTA, and if anything goes wrong, I just using that backup to reinstall the previous version.
When somebody losing some times to reinstall all because don't have backup, remember the developers who works a lot of days, to make for us these roms...

Reactions: Riddler76

tinaeire

Jun 5, 2015
Redmi Note 9 Pro
remember the developers who works a lot of days, to make for us these roms...
I do appriciate the hard work of the developers/maintainers. I could not build a custom ROM without a huge effort and time. However if people report bugs on an update (OTA or from the 'official' crDroid/custom ROM page), I'd like to be taken seriously and not getting advice like ~'if you don't like it prove your self and program your own ROM'.

I do make backups before every update, but in this case it did not help as the 'deep freeze" bug stayed with the downgrades from 7.8 to 7.6 to 7.4. In all versions that bug appeared. The only way to get rid of it was to do a complete reinstall of a MIUI with the MIUI Flashing program (clean flash, keep bootloader unlocked) and then to reinstall OrangeFox and then crDroid 7.6. Only after that the bug was gone. Maybe there is a way to do that (downgrade from 7.8 to 7.6) without having to reinstall a MIUI but I haven't figured it out yet and as I use OrangeFox only after upgrading from crDroid 6.x to 7.4 I am no expert in using OrangeFox. With the older TWRP I managed to do d 'clean' install of any ROM (A10) on the Redmi Note 9s (curtana) without going down the road to have fall back to MIUI.

If the maintainers are more focused on other platforms and give there more information, why is there here a Thread on XDA. Some people do not go to other platforms for different reasons. For some people this is the only platform to get new ROMs or updates to this version of crDroid, which is official linked as support page from the 'miatoll' page at crDroid btw.

Riddler76

Mar 15, 2010
Hi Guys,

For DeepSleep bug you can try to flash the kernel.

Etherious : MOD EDIT: Link Removed
Or
Positron : MOD EDIT: Link Removed

Etherious seems to have worked for me :)

I dont found fix for BT.

Reactions: tinaeire

sachin09

Jun 3, 2014
NEW DELHI
I install this on my note 9 pro indian varient. In 24 hours phone dies or deep sleep freeze twice. Now trying etherious kernel.

Edit - as stated in post 158 by @Riddler76 i installed etherious 239. not testing version 241.

Last edited:

koshikas

Jun 16, 2015
Colombo
I install this on my note 9 pro indian varient. In 24 hours phone dies or deep sleep freeze twice. Now trying etherious kernel.
I install etherious tooday, for moment i dont have issue. If i have a problem i post here :)
if you want to use etherious stick to 239 and nothing later. both 240 and 241 has their share of issues. some ROMs using etherious as their stock kernels have re-released latest builds with 239.

on the other hand latest positron, lightning+, perf/ume kernels apparently fare well, if you can get hold of them in flashable packages.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
    • TWRP (Download from here)

First time installation:
      • Download the ROM zip file.
      • Boot into your recovery and wipe Dalvik,Cache,System.
      • Flash the ROM zip file and Format Data ( Optional ).
      • Then Reboot to system and Enjoy

Update installation:
      • Download the update ZIP file and reboot into recovery.
      • In the recovery wipe Dalvik and Cache and flash the zip file.
      • After flashing the update reboot into the system and Enjoy

Sources:
    ROM: CrDroid Source Code
    Kernel: Kernel Source

Download:
    GAPPS Version: Download
    Vanilla Version: Download
    Changelogs:
    28 June 2021
    * Initial CrDroid 7.7 Code
    * Updated to June Security Patch
    * Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.237
    * Updated blobs from LA.UM.9.1.r1-09600-SMxxx0.0
    * Import GPS from LA.UM.9.1.r1-10200-SMxxx0.0
    * lower background apps to 38
    * Support AliPay Fingerprint payment
    * Added Google Camera GO
    * Switched to AIDL Lights HAL
    * Added QTI Thermal HAL
    * And many more awesome changes

Note:
    Hereafter there will be two builds Vanilla build and a GAPPS build. It is important to note that Vanilla builds will not include OTA.
    Edit: There will be no more Vanilla version.

Known issues:
    None. If you find any issues just report to me here with logs.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Miatoll Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    The latest release from 19th Aug finally fixed the problem with the deep sleep freeze for me.

===== 19 August, 2021 =====
    * Rebased and upstreamed kernel to v4.14.244
    * Merged latest CAF tag
    * Removed XiaomiDoze and XiaomiDoze
    * Switched to crDroid Doze ( This should fix deep sleep freeze issue )
    here is the summary of the situation from what little i know.

if you ve been here (XDA) long enough not all agree on the rules here are fair either (DU team). maintainers for devices come and go people who use to build on their own fill in for abandoned ROMS in official capacity all the time. just because SF project owners names differ from the actual builders doesnt mean anything. project owners welcome other people who join to aide in maintaining builds for devices they themselves do not.

if you have issues where active chatter is (where the active maintainers do join in the conversation), and refuse to join, it is your loss. these people are volunteers, you are not entitled with their choice way of communication with their users/community. and non of them deserves to do PR with some of the entitled people you find here all the time. and all those who are in telegram has non of the "kept in dark" issue that you have here. dont like how they operate, you are free to prove urselves better by building your own, and goin to the trouble of up-keeping the best traditions as you believe fit.

the stability issues (unable to wake after deep sleep, etc.) mentioned, from what i understand are all kernel related non got to do with crDroid (although earpiece issues are). most ROMs now, have the same issues and all ROM builders at this very moment are swapping around kernels to see which works best. from the looks of it, so is the build that went out yesterday. whether it worked out or not remains to be seen.
    Amazing ROM thank you. :)
    Is this GApps include?
    Yes, it is.
    What about crdroid 7.10???