[STABLE][ANDROID 11] CrDroid 7.8 [OFFICIAL][MIATOLL]

Search This thread

xda-nick

Apr 2, 2020
[...] Therefore, after enormous amount of trial and error permutations, I discovered that this problem exists only in SIM-slot 1 or if slot 1 is occupied. [...]
I can't confirm this problem with the official 7.6 version. I use only one SIM card in the outer slot which obviously is slot 1:
Screenshot_20210625-055846145.jpg

sieben43

Sep 20, 2016
7.7 is working fine so far, however, the voip audio issue is still present (on curtana). Regular voice calls are fine, but voip calls via WhatsApp/Discord etc. are extremely loud and even distorted, happens for both speaker and headset and it's killing my eardrums.
I tried modifying the mixer_paths.xml but could only reduce volume in general so that's not really a workaround. I also don't know how logs could help fix the issue but if they can, let me know.
Other than that the build seems fine for now, I just hope you can look into this issue next!

enotar

Jun 23, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Did you
7.7 is working fine so far, however, the voip audio issue is still present (on curtana). Regular voice calls are fine, but voip calls via WhatsApp/Discord etc. are extremely loud and even distorted, happens for both speaker and headset and it's killing my eardrums.
I tried modifying the mixer_paths.xml but could only reduce volume in general so that's not really a workaround. I also don't know how logs could help fix the issue but if they can, let me know.
Other than that the build seems fine for now, I just hope you can look into this issue next!
Did you try NL sound mod?
Magisk module

Last edited:

sieben43

Sep 20, 2016
Haptic Feedback as well as Vibration is gone after updating to 7.7
Try doing a clean flash if you are coming from official one
Yeah, I have no issue with vibrations or haptic feedback, I updated from the previous version.

Another thing I noticed aside from the voip issue is that the live wallpaper picker is missing, so there is no way to set a live wallpaper until you sideload the app.

tomekk228

Jun 24, 2020
Why there be no Vanilla anymore?

I dont understand this. gapps can anyone download and flash if needed?

prosnz

Mar 23, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Well now i tried to go back to 7.6, got a bootloop now. Orangefox says "--reason=enablefilecrypto_failed".

Do i really need to format Data again?

Edit: Did a clean Flash of 7.7 now - still no Vibration. Would matlog be helpful?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
    • TWRP (Download from here)

First time installation:
      • Download the ROM zip file.
      • Boot into your recovery and wipe Dalvik,Cache,System.
      • Flash the ROM zip file and Format Data ( Optional ).
      • Then Reboot to system and Enjoy

Update installation:
      • Download the update ZIP file and reboot into recovery.
      • In the recovery wipe Dalvik and Cache and flash the zip file.
      • After flashing the update reboot into the system and Enjoy

Sources:
    ROM: CrDroid Source Code
    Kernel: Kernel Source

Download:
    GAPPS Version: Download
    Vanilla Version: Download
    Changelogs:
    28 June 2021
    * Initial CrDroid 7.7 Code
    * Updated to June Security Patch
    * Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.237
    * Updated blobs from LA.UM.9.1.r1-09600-SMxxx0.0
    * Import GPS from LA.UM.9.1.r1-10200-SMxxx0.0
    * lower background apps to 38
    * Support AliPay Fingerprint payment
    * Added Google Camera GO
    * Switched to AIDL Lights HAL
    * Added QTI Thermal HAL
    * And many more awesome changes

Note:
    Hereafter there will be two builds Vanilla build and a GAPPS build. It is important to note that Vanilla builds will not include OTA.
    Edit: There will be no more Vanilla version.

Known issues:
    None. If you find any issues just report to me here with logs.

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Miatoll Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    The latest release from 19th Aug finally fixed the problem with the deep sleep freeze for me.

===== 19 August, 2021 =====
    * Rebased and upstreamed kernel to v4.14.244
    * Merged latest CAF tag
    * Removed XiaomiDoze and XiaomiDoze
    * Switched to crDroid Doze ( This should fix deep sleep freeze issue )
    here is the summary of the situation from what little i know.

if you ve been here (XDA) long enough not all agree on the rules here are fair either (DU team). maintainers for devices come and go people who use to build on their own fill in for abandoned ROMS in official capacity all the time. just because SF project owners names differ from the actual builders doesnt mean anything. project owners welcome other people who join to aide in maintaining builds for devices they themselves do not.

if you have issues where active chatter is (where the active maintainers do join in the conversation), and refuse to join, it is your loss. these people are volunteers, you are not entitled with their choice way of communication with their users/community. and non of them deserves to do PR with some of the entitled people you find here all the time. and all those who are in telegram has non of the "kept in dark" issue that you have here. dont like how they operate, you are free to prove urselves better by building your own, and goin to the trouble of up-keeping the best traditions as you believe fit.

the stability issues (unable to wake after deep sleep, etc.) mentioned, from what i understand are all kernel related non got to do with crDroid (although earpiece issues are). most ROMs now, have the same issues and all ROM builders at this very moment are swapping around kernels to see which works best. from the looks of it, so is the build that went out yesterday. whether it worked out or not remains to be seen.
    Amazing ROM thank you. :)
    Is this GApps include?
    Yes, it is.
    Screenshot_20211214-223258216.jpg
    I guess it's ok