Stable Custom ROM for XT1952-1?

Search This thread

therobbot

Aug 13, 2015
Nokia 4.2
Hi,

I'm a beginner to installing custom ROMs so forgive me if I'm asking dumb questions.

I'm thinking of buying a used G7 play and would like to install a custom ROM on it. It is the XT1952-1 version and I can't seem to find much information on running custom ROMs on it. The LineageOS page only lists XT1952-2 and -3 as supported models.

Is there a stable custom ROM I could use on this device as a daily driver where everything is working (including VoLTE and fingerprint sensor) and I will get security updates?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Tobias

Reactions: curiosityX

jonn_

Apr 26, 2022
I am also interested, because I have got an XT1952-1 phone which gets no system updates anymore. :/

feder86co

May 28, 2019
I've got an XT1952-3 (US version) with Lineage 18.1 and it's fully stable, way smoother than with the stock firmware. It still receives system updates, despite the Motorola security updates are stuck at some mid-2021 version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I'm a beginner to installing custom ROMs so forgive me if I'm asking dumb questions.

I'm thinking of buying a used G7 play and would like to install a custom ROM on it. It is the XT1952-1 version and I can't seem to find much information on running custom ROMs on it. The LineageOS page only lists XT1952-2 and -3 as supported models.

Is there a stable custom ROM I could use on this device as a daily driver where everything is working (including VoLTE and fingerprint sensor) and I will get security updates?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Tobias