Stable GCAM 8.4 mod for GalaxyNote8 (Exynos)

Search This thread
Hey,

Since last year I've tried many gcam mods but for one or more reasons I couldn't get a good/working gcam.
I tried ZGcam and it didn't work for me, it kept processing the image forever.
Recently I came across a Gcam mod made by Shamim.

I'm currently using the latest gcam available from this developer which is 8.4 Link with the Samsung package name.
No gcam mod is perfect on any device and this mod has it's own issues.
But after changing few configurations the SGCam is producing super nice images with high HDR and details. so I use this mod as my main camera app ( only for photos ).

The video mode has some issues, the app is closing when switching to video mode (mostly config related I guess).
I use the stock camera for video at 4k60fps (for now)

I still have to try more configurations then check if the other photo modes are working or not.
But for now you can try this Gcam Mod. with this mod and configuration I was able to take nearly 4 photos at continuously without freezing or without a viewfinder issue.

I'll attach my config file with this thread.
Other than my config file all the other credit goes to the Gcam mod developer

Non edited jpg photos
SGCAM_20220810_062819233.jpg
SGCAM_20220817_125258275.jpg

SGCAM_20220830_174410587.jpg
View attachment SGCAM_20220903_194806133.jpg

Edited raw Photos
SGCAM_20220828_181132581 (2).jpg
SGCAM_20220721_092147273.jpg

SGCAM_20220717_175903566.jpg
SGCAM_20220716_181808449.jpeg

I hope this thread helps at least a few people :)

Stable v1 is now available

Hit the like if this helps

Attachments

• Beta Config 2.xml
    209.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Stable v1.xml
    124.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

cesar225

Sep 8, 2022
Thank you for sharing ,it really helps ! May I know which app or mod allows you to record at 4k60 fps ? It's something I really want to try
I'm using lineage ROM , what is your stock camera?

Reactions: Nikhil Chandran
Thank you for sharing ,it really helps ! May I know which app or mod allows you to record at 4k60 fps ? It's something I really want to try
I'm running hadesRom v3.0
And I'm using the default camera app to record videos at 4k60fps.

This gcam once worked in video mode... but i guys after changing to 4k the app crashed and I tried wiping the data but it didn't fix the video mode... will try to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cesar225

Dayuser

Recognized Contributor
Jun 26, 2016
Moto G7 Power
As there are no reason to make many gcam threads i kindly ask to everybody maintain this old huge thread.

Thank you , i tried but my note 8 kept bootlooping on device name ...
please check the tread for hadesRom, and check if all the procedures has been done correctly... also the developer mentioned that selecting too many features will cause bootloop mainly on s8 devices.

As there are no reason to make many gcam threads i kindly ask to everybody maintain this old huge thread.

yeah, sorry.. but making one tread and updating it on a large scale will make thing more complicated. and i guess making each separate thread have their own perks

cesar225

Sep 8, 2022
please check the tread for hadesRom, and check if all the procedures has been done correctly... also the developer mentioned that selecting too many features will cause bootloop mainly on s8 devices.

yeah, sorry.. but making one tread and updating it on a large scale will make thing more complicated. and i guess making each separate thread have their own perks
Update

After all this time i've finally managed to get the 3.0 hadesrom version to boot on my device , i just redownloaded the rom and selected less bloatware since i have the korean variant of the note 8 ( as you advised me ) .
I'm coming from drkeatan rom , i flashed it cause it has the 4k60 fps recording feature , at least that's what i thought . After some verifications i realised it was the same 30 fps despite it was written 4k60fps .
I couldn't live with my own failure so here i am , back to the hadesrom , it seems to work just fine .
I'll try the video recording and write an update . Thank you

Update 2 :

This is legit 4K60 fps thank you very much ! gcam is working great too, the hdr pictures quality is mind blowing, night sight mode is very impressive

Last edited:
Update

After all this time i've finally managed to get the 3.0 hadesrom version to boot on my device , i just redownloaded the rom and selected less bloatware since i have the korean variant of the note 8 ( as you advised me ) .
I'm coming from drkeatan rom , i flashed it cause it has the 4k60 fps recording feature , at least that's what i thought . After some verifications i realised it was the same 30 fps despite it was written 4k60fps .
I couldn't live with my own failure so here i am , back to the hadesrom , it seems to work just fine .
I'll try the video recording and write an update . Thank you

Update 2 :

This is legit 4K60 fps thank you very much ! gcam is working great too, the hdr pictures quality is mind blowing, night sight mode is very impressive
I'm glad to know that you got it working and you like the results.
this gcam still has a lot of issues with different modes.
i wanted to mess with the config but my phone got messed up, right now after booting the device it get's stuck in 20 to 30 seconds.

cesar225

Sep 8, 2022
I'm glad to know that you got it working and you like the results.
this gcam still has a lot of issues with different modes.
i wanted to mess with the config but my phone got messed up, right now after booting the device it get's stuck in 20 to 30 seconds.
Sorry to know that 😟 i don't get it your phone is bootlooping ?
Yep I'm actually using the Zgcam, It is more stable , I tried to use the sgcam but didn't stop closing itself , it was unusable .

Sorry to know that 😟 i don't get it your phone is bootlooping ?
Yep I'm actually using the Zgcam, It is more stable , I tried to use the sgcam but didn't stop closing itself , it was unusable .
There was some I/O error in data partition, it has been fixed.

I tried zgcam before but wasn't working for me.
Can you share the link to the gcam version and share your config file

cesar225

Sep 8, 2022
There was some I/O error in data partition, it has been fixed.

I tried zgcam before but wasn't working for me.
Can you share the link to the gcam version and share your config file
COOL ! :geek:
Okay you will find the gcam folder inside this zip , the apk and config files are inside . There are two config files, i personaly use the "FrostSDK HDR..." config but you can try both to make your own idea

Attachments

• GCam.zip
    75.1 MB · Views: 146
COOL ! :geek:
Okay you will find the gcam folder inside this zip , the apk and config files are inside . There are two config files, i personaly use the "FrostSDK HDR..." config but you can try both to make your own idea
Thank you, this gcam seems to work, but it hangs after taking 2 photos.
But the Nigh sight quality is soooo much better than any gcam I've used till now

RAMZI DZ

Sep 2, 2017
Hello 👋 i tried it and it takes really good pictures but the app get frozen after taking a picture. So i need to close it and open it again to take another pic

Hello 👋 i tried it and it takes really good pictures but the app get frozen after taking a picture. So i need to close it and open it again to take another pic
Yeah, A week or two ago after I posted the config for sgcam in this forum, I changed some more settings and got the sgcam mod to be able to take 3 to 4 photos continously without the freezing. But due to a unexpected corruption in my data partition the config and all other personal files got lost 🥲.
I've been trying to recreate that config, still am

UPDATE :
so I was trying some more changes and now the sgcam seems to be able to take photos without viewfinder buffering. The problem before was due to setting HDR frames higher than the default, I've tried from 25 to 10 frames and the buffering was still there and when switched to the default frame the buffering was gone.

with the config below
you can take multiple photos and the dynamic range is fairly good, there is less than a 1s shutter delay with hdr+
. Image upscaling is enabled (so now there is more noise) you can disable it afterward if you don't want it.

Note: other than main camera mode and photosphere other mods aren't working yet
and there is a pink halo in low light photos

SGCAM_20221114_114014030 2.jpg

(og image was 28mb so had to shrink it)

Attachments

• Stable v1.xml
    124.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

boilavera1980

Feb 19, 2015
Wow at least a working rear camera gcam mod thx! I really hope you can get the frontcamera and other modes working would be sick!

Wow at least a working rear camera gcam mod thx! I really hope you can get the frontcamera and other modes working would be sick!

I tried some more modifications but the front cam still crashes the app, and many settings affect the functioning of the rear camera.
still, it would be nice if everything works after some more modifications

Reactions: Raghav10330

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I tried some more modifications but the front cam still crashes the app, and many settings affect the functioning of the rear camera.
    still, it would be nice if everything works after some more modifications
    Hey,

Since last year I've tried many gcam mods but for one or more reasons I couldn't get a good/working gcam.
    I tried ZGcam and it didn't work for me, it kept processing the image forever.
    Recently I came across a Gcam mod made by Shamim.

I'm currently using the latest gcam available from this developer which is 8.4 Link with the Samsung package name.
    No gcam mod is perfect on any device and this mod has it's own issues.
    But after changing few configurations the SGCam is producing super nice images with high HDR and details. so I use this mod as my main camera app ( only for photos ).

The video mode has some issues, the app is closing when switching to video mode (mostly config related I guess).
    I use the stock camera for video at 4k60fps (for now)

I still have to try more configurations then check if the other photo modes are working or not.
    But for now you can try this Gcam Mod. with this mod and configuration I was able to take nearly 4 photos at continuously without freezing or without a viewfinder issue.

I'll attach my config file with this thread.
    Other than my config file all the other credit goes to the Gcam mod developer

Non edited jpg photos
    SGCAM_20220810_062819233.jpg
    SGCAM_20220817_125258275.jpg

SGCAM_20220830_174410587.jpg
    View attachment SGCAM_20220903_194806133.jpg

Edited raw Photos
    SGCAM_20220828_181132581 (2).jpg
    SGCAM_20220721_092147273.jpg

SGCAM_20220717_175903566.jpg
    SGCAM_20220716_181808449.jpeg

I hope this thread helps at least a few people :)

Stable v1 is now available

Hit the like if this helps
    I'm running hadesRom v3.0
    And I'm using the default camera app to record videos at 4k60fps.

This gcam once worked in video mode... but i guys after changing to 4k the app crashed and I tried wiping the data but it didn't fix the video mode... will try to fix it.
    Thank you very much , I'll check it out !

Edit : I can't find 3.1 version anywhere , I only find v3.0 :sick:
    Thank you very much , I'll check it out !

Edit : I can't find 3.1 version anywhere , I only find v3.0 :sick:
    Oops, sorry my bad I ment v3.0