Stable GCAM 8.4 mod for GalaxyNote8 (Exynos)

Search This thread
update: This gcam is able to take portrait photos and videos with a workaround.

these mode cant be accessed in the usual way, instead, go to these modes directly from the launcher camera shortcut

Screenshot_20221201-123059_One UI Home.png

Note: on Video Mode, you have to switch the stabilization from standard to active
then you will get the viewfinder working after that you'll be able to record video
the sad part is that it's only 1080p30fps

similarly, you can access the portrait mode as well.

Front cam and night sight still doesn't work

Reactions: cesar225

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

Since last year I've tried many gcam mods but for one or more reasons I couldn't get a good/working gcam.
    I tried ZGcam and it didn't work for me, it kept processing the image forever.
    Recently I came across a Gcam mod made by Shamim.

I'm currently using the latest gcam available from this developer which is 8.4 Link with the Samsung package name.
    No gcam mod is perfect on any device and this mod has it's own issues.
    But after changing few configurations the SGCam is producing super nice images with high HDR and details. so I use this mod as my main camera app ( only for photos ).

The video mode has some issues, the app is closing when switching to video mode (mostly config related I guess).
    I use the stock camera for video at 4k60fps (for now)

I still have to try more configurations then check if the other photo modes are working or not.
    But for now you can try this Gcam Mod. with this mod and configuration I was able to take nearly 4 photos at continuously without freezing or without a viewfinder issue.

I'll attach my config file with this thread.
    Other than my config file all the other credit goes to the Gcam mod developer

Non edited jpg photos
    SGCAM_20220810_062819233.jpg
    SGCAM_20220817_125258275.jpg

SGCAM_20220830_174410587.jpg
    View attachment SGCAM_20220903_194806133.jpg

Edited raw Photos
    SGCAM_20220828_181132581 (2).jpg
    SGCAM_20220721_092147273.jpg

SGCAM_20220717_175903566.jpg
    SGCAM_20220716_181808449.jpeg

I hope this thread helps at least a few people :)

Stable v1 is now available

Hit the like if this helps
    Thank you for sharing ,it really helps ! May I know which app or mod allows you to record at 4k60 fps ? It's something I really want to try
    I'm using lineage ROM , what is your stock camera?
    Thank you for sharing ,it really helps ! May I know which app or mod allows you to record at 4k60 fps ? It's something I really want to try
    I'm using lineage ROM , what is your stock camera?
    I'm running hadesRom v3.0
    And I'm using the default camera app to record videos at 4k60fps.

This gcam once worked in video mode... but i guys after changing to 4k the app crashed and I tried wiping the data but it didn't fix the video mode... will try to fix it.
    Thank you very much , I'll check it out !

Edit : I can't find 3.1 version anywhere , I only find v3.0 :sick:
    Thank you very much , I'll check it out !

Edit : I can't find 3.1 version anywhere , I only find v3.0 :sick:
    Oops, sorry my bad I ment v3.0