• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[STABLE] HAVOC OS ROM [R|Android 11.0] [OFFICIAL] [MI A2 Lite]

Search This thread

yamaha77

Jun 4, 2014
Moscow
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

D-despair.jpg

tiyoyo

Jul 16, 2010
Hi everyone, havoc is installing fine, apparently everything is working fine. I cannot install magisk using twrp. Can somebody help me please ? with if possible a magisk link OK

ChokingHazard

Oct 19, 2015
Dhaka
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Great ROM I must say, buttery smooth and many useful features, thanks a ton! Been using it for 3 weeks so far, no complaints! It's just a little problem I faced. Sometimes when I receive a call, the phone goes to the loudspeaker by itself. And also sometimes the phone doesn't charge when I plug in the charger, a reboot fixes them all. I wonder if anyone else faced it.

Last edited:

g.peter23

Sep 4, 2021
Anybody ever seen the Bluetooth icon in the status bar when Bluetooth is active? Mine never displays even though Bluetooth is working fine otherwise, just cosmetic but i thought worth mentioning.
I have this mistake too ( also Location icon)

UPDATE:

Icons have appeared today! I don't know how I did it.
Icon size, display menu, etc. I set something up
Screenshot_20210923-112435_GPS_Test.png

Last edited:

Cherryblue

Oct 3, 2021
Hi guys,

Thanks for this ROM, I've been using it for a few weeks now, and it has a lot of good qualities.

Yet, I find myself with a major problem : GPS.

I've only installed the play store (picogapps I believe), and it's been hell to get the GPS to work.
It simply doesn't work with OSM+, it doesn't work in browser (maps+firefox for example), it doesn't work on Google Maps ; even if I've verified multiple times location authorizations in parameters. I only succeeded in getting it to work by launching "GPS Status", waiting like for 2 minutes, and then launching google maps app.

But still, it doesn't locate me everytime, and it's a pain in the... to get it to work.

I've tried a lot of roms, this is the first time I've got this kind of problem. Any idea ?

I must say this is a major hurdle for me ; and without any solution I will have to change rom.

EDIT : Updating to last OTA resolved my GPS problem, and my phone contacts that didn't synchronize so far did so. So I'm kind of all good ? :)

Last edited:

Letitride

Just heads up - new build for the Havoc custom Android 11 rom is out and available OTA, no issues for mine to install, just a dirty flash.

For bluetooth icon, mine is working - paired & connected with my BT wireless headphone and it's there for me. Turn off wireless headset and it's gone from the status bar. (Tip - check to see how many other features or functions are enabled to display on the status bar, maybe it doesn't have space.

On GPS, mine seemed to be fine as well - with Google Maps and Waze, and other apps that need precise / accurate location access.

"Ok, Google" commands - didn't work for me initially, apparently, I need to and/or never did setup it up with Voice Match & tested it. Once that's done, seemed fine to me. I have multiple "Home" devices configured and actively monitoring, listening (LOL) so the devices are confused and asked me to designate which one should respond & be the primary. In fact, my Pixel 3a XL recognized that it was put into "Airplane Mode" and asked that I turn it off so that ...

I have a different challenge and problem going forward, and that is with US carriers switching and turning off their 2G and 3G bands, and will only/prefer to run on devices that support/works on VoLTE and WiFi calling. I can no longer get a nano sim activated on Republic Wireless but still okay on Mint Mobile, both are MNVO primary on T-Mobile's network. This is still good on Red Pocket, MNVO that prefer/use AT&T network as the carrier. Going abroad and oveseas in Asia countries, these might not be a problem with my traveling sim's plan, but at home here in US/Canada & Mexico/Caribbean islands & Bahamas ... Thoughts & comments welcomed - I believe this is mainly a design & hardware limitations and not much anyone can do to fix or change it.

Worst case - short of retiring it and putting it into a desk drawer or corner shelf, etc. - make it a WiFi only smartphone/mini tablet and even as a security camera mini-display, both Xiaomi and Wyze's wireless cams worked fine when paired with the A2 Lite on this & other custom roms.

Pat750

Sep 12, 2016
Hello, when trying to flash this ROM, I'm having following error :

Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCode: : kInstallDeviceOpenError)

From TWRP 3.5.2_9-dees_troy-daisy
Use unofficial TWRP made by LinkBoi

lupesoltec

Aug 5, 2017
Thanks @Pat750 , the issue was on Recovery.
So I was expecting from OP to specify this requirement.
So instead of writting :

I was expecting to read :
Updated post:

Jan 2, 2015
Updated post:
stuck on bootloop here on the latest version 4.9, tried clean install from stock rom. Wow, now I can't even install v4.8 anymore. (How did I even do it before...?). Anybody know what did I do wrong? Pretty sure I followed the same process everywhere

From clean stock rom, v11.2
>fastboot boot twrp-v3.5.2.9-2-daisy.img
>flast rom, flash twrp.zip
>reboot to recovery, (automatically switch to active slot b?)

edit: figured out this is where the problem lies, after testing couple more times, had to manually switch to that slot before doing the reboot, and everything works after this..

>flash gapp
reboot and stuck on bootloop?

(please add sim toggle feature in the future update if it's possible, noticed there is one on stock rom under network&internet and sim, where you can toggle on/off)

Last edited:

Jojo_A

Jul 20, 2015
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
@lupesoltec
I have some general questions: for me it seems as if you are the one who administrate both HavocOS as well as Syberia Project OS. Currently I am running Syberia Project and I am quite happy with it. But I'd like to know:
  • what YOU would prefer (and why)
  • What is the target group for both ROMs?
  • Isn't it quite hard to administrate multiple ROMs
    • is there a plan to maybe drop one ROM and to focus on a single one to make it easier to support?
I am aware that most of you developers to this work in your free time and mostly for free. Thats why I totally understand that it might be hard to support multiple ROMs (or even one single ROM). I just want to get a "feeling" of the planned direction. Whats your personal opinion?

Greetings

Reactions: BiG_FooT

Top Liked Posts