[STABLE] HAVOC OS ROM [R|Android 11.0] [OFFICIAL] [MI A2 Lite]

Search This thread

Pawel_

Apr 4, 2007
How log is should take to boot after first flash?
I had the latest stock ROM, unlocked bootloader, flashed twrp, rebooted to twrp, wiped system, data, dlavik, internal storage (have a backup). Flashed Havoc 4.12 rebooted and now waiting.
The white circle is spinning for 5 minutes and nothing happens.

IkkeZelf1000

Dec 15, 2016
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
How log is should take to boot after first flash?
I had the latest stock ROM, unlocked bootloader, flashed twrp, rebooted to twrp, wiped system, data, dlavik, internal storage (have a backup). Flashed Havoc 4.12 rebooted and now waiting.
The white circle is spinning for 5 minutes and nothing happens.
I think wiping system etc is not enough, you need to format data. At least that's what I did when I went from stock to Havoc.

These are the installation instructions from the official Telegram group:

- Boot to your recovery of choice
- Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache, Internal Storage (Optional).
- Format data
- Install ROM
- Reboot to recovery
- Install Gapps (optional, don't flash them at all in the gapps variant of the rom)
- Install Magisk (optional)
- Reboot to system

Pawel_

Apr 4, 2007
I have formated data but no change.
It seems that it is connected also with official from version. I have the latest stock which is V11.0.21.0.
I tried a few other rooms and only crDroid 7.13 boots with current config.
Found this guide and trying to downgrade to recommended 10.0.18.0. Other roms also state in installation instructions that this version prerequisite.

Edit:
That was a reason after flashing 10.0.18.0 ROM booted successfully.

Last edited:

Midergo

Jan 6, 2022
This roms looks great, is smooth and i did not face any bug at all, BUT, the battery is still a "issue", at least for me, so... did someone tried a custom kernel with this OS looking for better battery life?, i would like to know..

Last edited:
Reactions: NiKabir

Midergo

Jan 6, 2022
came to answer my own question, "sleepy" kernel works, and it does it pretty well, at least for now it seems pretty stable, the battery usage issue got slightly better.

Reactions: NiKabir

Spardantex

Jul 3, 2012
Italy
No OS installed.. using last linkboi twrp.. why?

Also phone won't boot anymore... :(

Guys please help, the phone is kinda dead

Last edited:

hypernova089

Jan 21, 2022
Hi Guys, I am on Havoc-OS v4.12. I am having some storage-related concerns. My system is taking 18GB of space. Is it normal? Does the OS really takes that much space or is there some issue on my side? Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks

**UPDATE**

Did a little bit of experimentation myself and the issue is resolved now. The system now takes around 10GB.

It appears that the twrp backup and flash images were still present in the data partition. I am new to custom ROMS (in fact this is my first custom ROM installation), so I was unable to find them anywhere initially. Not via any file managers or USB connection to the laptop. However, after some experimentation, I was able to find these and removed them.

For anyone like me who may have the same problem, here is where you can find the files:

Boot to twrp. Go to Advance -> File Manager -> data -> media. Here you will find the backup or the flash image files you used to flash the rom. Just delete them and you will get your storage back.

Hope it helps!

Last edited:

hypernova089

Jan 21, 2022
No OS installed.. using last linkboi twrp.. why?

Also phone won't boot anymore... :(

Guys please help, the phone is kinda dead
Hi, I was facing the same problem. After working on it for a looong time, here is what worked for me. The phone doesn't boot because it has no OS. So, first, I flashed the full OTA update of the latest android 10 firmware (I read somewhere that you should be on the latest stock firmware before flashing custom ROMs, not sure if it's exactly true though).

After this, it did boot into the OS but only till the initial setup. Basically, the setup would stop responding and the device would reboot. It was kind of a loop. However, I was still able to get into the stock recovery mode using the volume up + power keys combo. From the recovery mode, I reboot into the bootloader, basically the fastboot mode. You may even go directly to the fastboot mode by holding power + vol down combo.

From the fastboot, I will boot to twrp(linkboi image). In twrp, select mount and was able to transfer files to the device. So, I transfered the Havoc-OS image to the device. Lastly, flashed the Havoc-OS image from twrp. After flashing, reboot once to recovery (twrp), after that reboot to the system.

It worked for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spardantex

Spardantex

Jul 3, 2012
Italy
Hi, I was facing the same problem. After working on it for a looong time, here is what worked for me. The phone doesn't boot because it has no OS. So, first, I flashed the full OTA update of the latest android 10 firmware.
After this, it did boot into the OS but only till the initial setup. Basically, the setup would stop responding and the device would reboot. It was kind of a loop. However, I was still able to get into the stock recovery mode using the volume up + power keys combo.
From the recovery mode, I reboot into the bootloader, basically the fastboot mode. From the fastboot, I will boot to twrp(linkboi image). In twrp, select mount and you will be able to transfer files to your device. Transfer the havoc os image to the device.
Lastly, flashed the havoc os image from twrp. After flashing, reboot once to recovery (twrp), after that reboot to the system. It worked for me.
Thanks, but Flash tool recognize it as "ID 0" and the flash start but nothing happen (also after 30 minutes). Buttons combinations won't work, or charge

Gkleo32

Dec 30, 2017
Everything is perfect but when i plug in earphone and listen to songs for hours then after unplugging and recording video, theres no audio in the video. But restart solves the problem. Anyway thanks for awesome rom.

Top Liked Posts