[STABLE] LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S7 build 21

TomRon

Apr 2, 2014
I have 4 Galaxy S7 phones (930W8) and one of them boots back to TWRP no matter what i have tried. I tried for a few months with no success. The other 3 work fine with 17.1 so it is probably something hardware related on the phone.

Try Ivan's 18.1. The phone will boot that with no problem and apparently the ROM works fairly well. I do not use it for my main phone so I cannot say everything works. I would recommend updating TWRP to at least 3.3.1.
Thanks for you're reply
I have installed this ROM LOS 17.1 with microG ( https://android-freaks.de/forum/thr...r-samsung-s7-flat-edge-via-ota-by-exodusnick/) which seems to be a patched derivate of this ROM, and it booted right up after installation. So as you mentioned there must be some hardware related issue.

Is the no-verity-opt mandatory? As I understood is it only to prevent automatic encryption of the data partition, or am I wrong with this?

Thanks

RickBH

Nov 24, 2015
Thanks for you're reply
I have installed this ROM LOS 17.1 with microG ( https://android-freaks.de/forum/thread/136-lineageos-17-1-microg-für-samsung-s7-flat-edge-via-ota-by-exodusnick/) which seems to be a patched derivate of this ROM, and it booted right up after installation. So as you mentioned there must be some hardware related issue.

Is the no-verity-opt mandatory? As I understood is it only to prevent automatic encryption of the data partition, or am I wrong with this?

Thanks
From what I know you are correct as to the no-verity-opt use. Only for initial install with Odin. I also tried using it with 17.1 with no change in behavior.

Erik9519

Aug 30, 2012
I've just installed this rom and everything running great so far but I have noticed an issue. It seems that with this rom Automate ok google commands do not work (I've managed to get it to work only a few times but it seems completely random). Same results with AutoVoice, it seems to detect when Ok google is triggered but then it is unable to intercept the command itself. Any solution for this?

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
I discovered another bug: tethering does not work in any way together with a VPN connection. Neither WiFi, nor USB, nor Bluetooth tethering. It is also not possible to share a VPN connection via tethering. Can anyone confirm this?

Katadreuffe

Aug 9, 2020
I installed the January 2021 build; everything seems to work fine, big thanx to Ivan!
Exect for one thing; the notifications don't work anymore... no LED's, no sound(!), only the notifications on the screen.
Before, with the previous build, even the LED's worked!
So I reverted back to the December 2020 build.... still no LED's or sound.... :(

Who knows how to fix this?

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
@Katadreuffe: The problem has already been described here several times and is also present in the December release. In this post I collected all known bugs of this Rom: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-for-galaxy-s7-build-20.3980101/post-84212447
In addition, there is the bug I recently discovered: VPN and tethering do not work together.

All of the bugs I described are still present in the January release. Especially annoying is the WiFi crash, which now occurs practically every day with me. The WiFi crash nearly always occurs when large amounts of data (several hundreds of megabytes) are transferred over a period of 10 to 15 minutes. Like that is the case with Dropbox synchronizations etc. Therefore not everyone notices it.

Last edited:

Mohamedkam000

Feb 13, 2016
Khartoum
I installed the January 2021 build; everything seems to work fine, big thanx to Ivan!
Exect for one thing; the notifications don't work anymore... no LED's, no sound(!), only the notifications on the screen.
Before, with the previous build, even the LED's worked!
So I reverted back to the December 2020 build.... still no LED's or sound.... :(

Who knows how to fix this?
If you have "Do Not Disturb" enabled, it's natural that no notifications will annoy you, however, your case seems a bit more to these:
  1. Your notification settings were modified,either by you, accidentally, or any other reason. This can be solved by taking a look at Settings > Apps & Notifications > Notifications
  2. A special battery saving mechanism was set on your device, of which can be an app, a module, a custom kernel, ...
  3. Kernel settings were modified.
  4. There is a "Screen on notifications" tickle available on LOS-based ROMs, of which only shows notifications when the screen is on, otherwise it will not, you need to either clean flash the ROM, or disable that tickle from your previous ROM.

Reactions: .Michael.

Katadreuffe

Aug 9, 2020
@fipsy
@Mohamedkam000
Thanx for your swift responses!

To prevent misunderstandings:
  1. I'm aware of the LED troubles; had them ever since I switched to the LOS17 build (LED's didn't work, but audio notifications did!). In my case rebooting didn't help, and it wasn't every now and then; LED's didn't work at all for months(!). Untill I accidentially drained my battery... due to the daily WIFI crashes... Which I can confirm; switching WiFi off and on also helps in my case.
  2. Strange thing is: LED's worked in the Dec build, stopped working (LED's & audio!) in the Jan build, but when I now reinstall the Dec build, they don't work anymore...
  3. I checked the "Do not disturb", "Total silence", "Screen on notifications" etc settings; I don't see a cause for my problem there.
  4. Don't know about kernel settings; I didn't change anything (neither did I for the "Screen on notifications", worked before). :unsure:
So:
Nice ROM, with in my case 2 drawbacks:
- Daily WIFI crashes
- No notification LED's (nor sound)

Reactions: fipsy

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
Thanks a lot for your response and for confirming the Wi-Fi bug! The two drawbacks you mentioned are the main problems for me too. You may perhaps install Smartpack Kernel Manager from the Playstore and play around a bit with it. I haven't had any success with this yet, but it might be worth a try.

QhyQhy

Oct 29, 2013
installed the last january build

everything work fine except for camera

soooo slow to take picture (1s after pressing button) and impossible to take photo with flash :/