• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[STABLE] MSM Xtended XQ Release v9.0 [Android 10.0 r_35] [May 11th, 2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SREEPRAJAY

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 9, 2010
CITY OF PARKS
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9R
I don't care about the apps and data. I'm saying won't it delete the copy of MSM and Gapps that I have downloaded to my device? In other words, if I follow your instructions and format right away, I will no longer have the files on my device to continue the process. Am I correct? Thank you for answering my dumb questions, I've twrp and magisk on this device for nearly a year, but I've steered clear of a custom ROM sothis would be my first try on an A/B device

Use an OTG external storage device. With the a/b partition device, it is a savior to have an usb storage device always for flashing...

Reactions: Ryano89

swiftbones74

Mar 13, 2017
Taos New Mexico
Reactions: Ryano89

L22EEW

Mar 13, 2008
Wales
www.facebook.com
Hmm is format data absolutely necessary? I thought that if coming from another custom ROM (Android 10), as factory reset was adequate enough. That's what I did when I went from crDroid (10) to Evolution (10). 100% did not format data, but only completed a factory reset only.

Formatting data is such a pain. :eek:

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
Google Pixel 4 XL
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hmm is format data absolutely necessary? I thought that if coming from another custom ROM (Android 10), as factory reset was adequate enough. That's what I did when I went from crDroid (10) to Evolution (10). 100% did not format data, but only completed a factory reset only.

Formatting data is such a pain. :eek:
Need to format if you're coming from OOS

stefr07

Dec 17, 2016
I won't try this because comming from treskmod I don't won't to revert on pie. Why staying on pie ? Just to build a patchwork ? You miss to much going to 10 ?

Causical

Feb 4, 2016
OnePlus 6T
after 2 hours of flashing (this A/B slot thing is madness) I finally enjoy the rom. everything running fine so far. thank you!
A/B is only madness because of the misunderstanding of it's simplicity and the way things flash to which partition. A/B is actually a really good concept. In fact the only qualms I have with it, is that if you're going to have an A/B device then OEMs should most definitely have built in SD slots on their devices, no brainer and it can be integrated into the SIM slot... I mean C'mon get it together OEM's.

Reactions: TENlll423

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
With the vendor partition it's odd for this to work on both pie and Q. I haven't attempted to install but going of the comments, just struck me as odd.. Unless firmware is included?

Edit, the op linked to open gapps website and not their sourceforge where they have beta version of Q gapps, are they suggesting to use pie gapps on a Q rom?

Last edited:

swiftbones74

Mar 13, 2017
Taos New Mexico
With the vendor partition it's odd for this to work on both pie and Q. I haven't attempted to install but going of the comments, just struck me as odd.. Unless firmware is included?

Edit, the op linked to open gapps website and not their sourceforge where they have beta version of Q gapps, are they suggesting to use pie gapps on a Q rom?
Definitely use Q gapps.

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs

srgrusso

Jan 24, 2017
So there is no confusion I want to flash this on the latest version oos pie, right? I want to make sure my phone isn't down for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

template-Head.png

Code:
    * Disclaimer 
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you blame me in any way for what happens to your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM! goes the dynamite

introduction.png

*** Ohh Really we need to introduce! ;). We team "MSM Xtended" are here with new era of Android. We have tried our best to blend it with all available options, features and stability of different ROMs in to one for better user experience.***

features.png

HERE

If you like our work you can buy us a cup of coffee

*SuperDroidBond
    *AnishPratheepan

downloads.png

ROM DOWNLOAD
    Gapps Download
    Magisk Download

**It's recommended to flash Nano Gapps only for better user experience.**

instructions.png

Clean Flash
    1. Be on the latest stable firmware (10.3)
    2. Flash it to both slots
    3. Disable your screenlocks
    4. Make sure you're running latest TWRP
    4. Boot into Recovery
    5. Wipe data and dalvik
    6. Copy GApps and Xtended zip to your internal storage
    7. Flash Xtended zip
    8. Flash TWRP zip
    9. Reboot to recovery
    10. Flash GApps zip
    11. Reboot system
    12. Setup Rom and #GetXtended.

Dirty Flash
    1) Backup Everything (Most Important)
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Flash Xtended.zip
    4. Flash TWRP.zip
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Flash Gapps
    7. Flash Magisk.zip (optional)
    7. Wipe Cache
    8. Reboot to system and #GetXtended.

**If you fail to follow these instructions, please don't bother reporting any bugs**

**If you use Xposed, please don't bother reporting any bugs**

**If you use another kernel, please don't bother reporting any bugs**​

credits-thanks.png

We would like to give thanks to everyone in the Android community, big or small.

That said, we would like to Thank all These Teams for their contribution to the Open Source Community.

* LineageOS/Cyanogenmod
    * GZOSP
    * ColtOS Team & Specially @Rakesh.Batra
    * OmniROM
    * Nitrogen OS
    * AICP
    * crDroid
    * DirtyUnicorns
    * Screwd AOSP
    * CypherOS
    * Liquid Remix
    * Benzo ROM
    * BootLeggers ROM
    * AOSP Extended ROM
    * Syberia-Project
    * PixelDust Project
    * Pixel Experience

XDA:DevDB Information
    MSM-Xtended, ROM for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors
    anishpratheepan, SuperDroidBond
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS (Latest Stable or OB)
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-12-13
    Last Updated 2020-05-11
    Hello Everyone,

Here is the new Update of MSM Xtended XQ-v9.0 with Fixes & more feature addition:-

Device Changelog: Click HERE

ROM Changelog : Click HERE

Download ROM : MSM Xtended XQ-v9.0 for fajita

Open Gapps -: OpenGapps Nano Latest Android 10.0 Build

Clean Flash is highly recommended but Dirty Flash should be fine as well. Remember to flash Gapps & Magisk while both kind of flashing.
    Please share your feedback and reviews. Its important for us to understand how we are doing and what all we need to improve.

Best Regards
    Team-Xtended
    Hello Everyone,

Here is the new Update of MSM Xtended XQ-v8.0 with Fixes & more feature addition:-

Download ROM : MSM Xtended XQ-v8.0 for Oneplus 6T

Clean Flash is highly recommended but Dirty Flash should be fine as well. Remember to flash Gapps & Magisk while both kind of flashing.
    Please share your feedback and reviews. Its important for us to understand how we are doing and what all we need to improve.

Best Regards
    Team-Xtended
    Hello Everyone,

Here is the new Update of MSM Xtended XQ-v7.0 with Fixes & more feature addition:-

Download ROM : MSM Xtended XQ-v7.0 for fajita

Required Firmware-: 10.3.0

Donations are always welcome and it does help us in getting the server to build and for motivations for our device maintainers.

Best Regards
    Team Xtended
    DOWNLOAD:-

2019-12-13XQ-V4.0
    - Download
    - Changelogs

2020-02-11 XQ-V6.0
    - Download
    - Changelogs

2020-03-18 XQ-V7.0
    - Download
    - Changelogs