[STABLE] MSM Xtended XQ Release v9.0 [Android 10.0 r_35] [May 11th, 2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Saythis

Jan 30, 2012
Lol.. every link in the OP leads to the devs PayPal? WTH?

If you're using XDA Labs, try viewing it in browser.

I installed it using OOS 10.0.1 Stable and it seems to run perfectly fine. Very stable rom so far and I'm enjoying it a lot. Good job!

I used ExLite Gapps on install instead of OpenGapps.

Reactions: Ryano89

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
If you're using XDA Labs, try viewing it in browser.

I installed it using OOS 10.0.1 Stable and it seems to run perfectly fine. Very stable rom so far and I'm enjoying it a lot. Good job!
I would like to try it, but I'm on OOS beta and I'm afraid that will cause problems. I won't be near a. PC until Monday so I can't flash stable because I don't think it can be flashed over the beta

Saythis

Jan 30, 2012
A screenshot of the custom options menu. If you have any questions about this rom before flashing feel free to ask and I'll answer it. I'll just say it's smoooooooooth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191214-141137_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20191214-141137_Settings.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 854
  • Screenshot_20191214-141243_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20191214-141243_Settings.png
    163.5 KB · Views: 841
Reactions: L22EEW

Saythis

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks really want to try it, it REALLY don't want to have to downgrade. Lol

I highly recommend it. I think I've found my new daily custom after thinking I'd have to give up custom roms on my 6T. I don't see any reason the beta shouldn't work though but I understand not wanting to risk it.

theo72

Dec 14, 2013
Piemonte
Thanks for this beautiful rom, fluid and stable .. [emoji106]

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6013 utilizzando Tapatalk

onefast50

Aug 28, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Any one else have the top of their screen cut off?

Wait, its not on the screen shot?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191214-184335_XDA_Labs.png
    Screenshot_20191214-184335_XDA_Labs.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 759

Saythis

Jan 30, 2012
Exactly what flashing procedure did you use if you don't mind me asking

I was on OOS 10.0.1 as I mentioned, so I followed this:

1. Reboot to recovery
2. Format data
3. Reboot to recovery
4. Flash MSM Xtended
5. Flash TWRP for Q
6. Reboot to recovery
7. Flash ExLite Normal GAPPS
8. Flash Magisk v20.1
9. Reboot to system
10. Profit

And that did it for me

Edit:
If you have trouble with doing the initial setup, try doing a factory reset in TWRP. (Wipe->Swipe for factory reset)

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I was on OOS 10.0.1 as I mentioned, so I followed this:

1. Reboot to recovery
2. Format data
3. Reboot to recovery
4. Flash MSM Xtended
5. Flash TWRP for Q
6. Reboot to recovery
7. Flash ExLite Normal GAPPS
8. Flash Magisk v20.1
9. Reboot to system
10. Profit

And that did it for me
So if you have to format before flashing, I'll need to wait untill tomorrow when I have access to my pc. Formatting will delete the ROM, gapps, and twrp img I have downloaded already to the device correct?

Saythis

Jan 30, 2012
So if you have to format before flashing, I'll need to wait untill tomorrow when I have access to my pc. Formatting will delete the ROM, gapps, and twrp img I have downloaded already to the device correct?

Formatting data will wipe out all of your user data. Any installed apps, texts, call logs, etc will be wiped out. Flashing MSM Xtended will get rid of TWRP since it flashes a new kernel which is why you flash TWRP after flashing the rom.

So if you want to keep your apps, their data, texts, call log use something like Titanium Backup or Swift Backup.

I tend to format data mostly to reduce the chance of issues with pre-existing encryption. You really just need a compatible vendor which formatting data doesn't touch.

Last edited:

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Formatting data will wipe out all of your user data. Any installed apps, texts, call logs, etc will be wiped out. Flashing MSM Xtended will get rid of TWRP since it flashes a new kernel which is why you flash TWRP after flashing the rom.

So if you want to keep your apps, their data, texts, call log use something like Titanium Backup or Swift Backup.

I tend to format data mostly to reduce the chance of issues with pre-existing encryption. You really just need a compatible vendor which formatting data doesn't touch.
I don't care about the apps and data. I'm saying won't it delete the copy of MSM and Gapps that I have downloaded to my device? In other words, if I follow your instructions and format right away, I will no longer have the files on my device to continue the process. Am I correct? Thank you for answering my dumb questions, I've twrp and magisk on this device for nearly a year, but I've steered clear of a custom ROM sothis would be my first try on an A/B device

Saythis

Jan 30, 2012
I don't care about the apps and data. I'm saying won't it delete the copy of MSM and Gapps that I have downloaded to my device? In other words, if I follow your instructions and format right away, I will no longer have the files on my device to continue the process. Am I correct? Thank you for answering my dumb questions, I've twrp and magisk on this device for nearly a year, but I've steered clear of a custom ROM sothis would be my first try on an A/B device

Oh, yes it will delete everything on your internal storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts