• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[STABLE] MSM Xtended XR Release v13 [R | Android11.0 r20][December 19th, 2020]

Search This thread

kieffey

May 29, 2016
Cambridge
yeah be careful, GAPPs aren't working properly, everytime I restarted my phone it would go to qualcom crashdump mode, I couldn't seem to keep TWRP ... decides that, It's extremely snappy

protechtedd

Jun 17, 2014
Is anyone noticing issues with some apps not able to connect to the internet, or partially connect? This is not a WiFi drop-out issue.

Examples:
  • XDA app (newest one, not old labs app) - Able to access forums fine, but when tapping the notification icon at the bottom, then tap on a notification, I get "Error loading page. Domain: Undefined. Error code 3. Description: SSL error: The certificate authority is not trusted" Perhaps this is an XDA issue, perhaps not. But other apps have trouble too.
  • Firefox - Websites accessed fine, but unable to establish Firefox Sync. It fails to connect.
Note: I did move these apps/data over from OOS using Migrate.app, like I said most apps seem fine. Any issue app, I've fully uninstalled and installed again from the Play Store. Same issues.

Just curious if anyone else is having this issue, or knows what might be the cause? Could this related to MSM, or it being early A11 implementation?

Lastly, complete side question, can someone help me understand the difference between what is Xtended XR (this Rom) and Xtended XQ?

Last edited:

SaintZ93

Feb 4, 2011
Massachusetts
github.com
There's absolutely no way in hell OnePlus would go yeah **** you Verizon and verizon based users on 11.

CAF supports Verizon just fine, AOSP does not.
Actually this is not true. OnePlus is still technically a GSM device. Verizon is CDMA related. You won't get all the features like HD calling and such unless you have the actual Verizon device. As for custom ROMs, surely it works for Verizon because most of these customs ROMs use the same tele manifest apns but again it comes down to the actual Verizon device. Since OnePlus did push a device to Verizon. I would expect OnePlus to update Android 11 with the Verizon coding but who knows when Android 11 will be updated to carrier specific devices (TMO, VRZ)

Edit: I can see with this commit that it is the same apn used in other ROMs. Such as the one used in KangOS where I am reading Verizon works. This same commit is used in almost ever other custom ROM.

Also I would like to add that CAF and AOSP are different from each other. CAF has to do with kernel related sources, while AOSP is the ROM. (Example: I use CAF related sources such as wifi, data, audio and camera to keep my kernel updated with those. When I built ROMs back then. I pulled from AOSP sources)

Last edited:

slyyke

Jul 14, 2014
Just a heads up. I'm a huge fan of MSM and have used it on a lot of iterations of phones. Op3 , OP5T, and now OP7 pro. It's been a great ROM over the years however this iteration being Android 11 based (and Android 11 being new) I do not recommend as a daily driver yet. I know it will get there however there are different bugs that can inconvenience some. Again, this is likely more to do with how new Android 11 is than anything else.

I had a few weird bugs just FYI so went back to an Android 10 ROM. With clean flash from original post and telegram suggestions.

1) Android setup with copy data does not function. Keeps restarting at the point where you select copy data regardless of wifi or cell network.
2) Android auto (again like Android 11 integration issue) freezes and reboots the phone every time I plug into my car making phone and Android auto unusable for daily drives. I have a 2016 honda civic sedan with oem head unit.
3) Random wifi drop out issues. I only noticed as when installing big apps from play store it would stick at % downloading because it would randomly disconnect wifi and not want to download over cell network (which I have unlimited data so I told phone to ignore and install anyway regardless of Network).

Again appreciate MSM. It's been an awesome ROM! Android 11 is still in the works so definitely understandable. Keep up the good work devs. Just wanted to report findings and hope it helps.

sdcwlc

Aug 9, 2011
Austin
Just a heads up. I'm a huge fan of MSM and have used it on a lot of iterations of phones. Op3 , OP5T, and now OP7 pro. It's been a great ROM over the years however this iteration being Android 11 based (and Android 11 being new) I do not recommend as a daily driver yet. I know it will get there however there are different bugs that can inconvenience some. Again, this is likely more to do with how new Android 11 is than anything else.
I agree, the features of this ROM are outstanding but the issues you mention and the screen (brightness) instability make it annoying to use outdoors.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

template-Head.png

Code:
    [/FONT][/CENTER][/FONT][/CENTER][/FONT][/CENTER][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
    [CENTER]* Disclaimer 

* We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 

* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 

* if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you blame me in any way for what happens to your device, I will laugh at you.

* BOOM! goes the dynamite

introduction.png

*** Ohh Really we need to introduce! ;). We team "MSM Xtended" are here with new era of Android. We have tried our best to blend it with all available options, features and stability of different ROMs in to one for better user experience.***

features.png

HERE

team-xtended.png

@mukesh22584

@SuperDroidBond

@mady51

@Roger.T

@anishpratheepan

@xawlw

@mcdachpappe

@svandasek

@Jay_B

@Ded_Boi

If you like our work you can buy us a cup of coffee

*SuperDroidBond

*Chandra

support-links.png

MSM-Xtended Public Group

MSM-Xtended Update Channel

MSM-Xtended Website

MSM-Xtended Blog

MSM-Xtended Device Specific Group

downloads.png

ROM DOWNLOAD

Gapps Download

Magisk Download

**It's recommended to flash Nano Gapps only for better user experience.**

instructions.png

Clean Flash

1. Reboot to TWRP

2. Format Data

3. Flash latest OOS on both the slots

4. Flash Xtended and twrp zip

5. Reboot to recovery

6. Flash GApps zip

7. Reboot system

8. Setup Rom and #GetXtended.

Dirty Flash

1) Backup Everything (Most Important)

2. Boot into recovery

3. Flash Xtended.zip

4. Flash TWRP.zip

5. Reboot to recovery

6. Flash Gapps

7. Flash Magisk.zip (optional)

8. Reboot to system and #GetXtended.

**If you fail to follow these instructions, please don't bother reporting any bugs**

**If you use Xposed, please don't bother reporting any bugs**

**If you use another kernel, please don't bother reporting any bugs**

sources.png

MSM-Xtended Sources

Kernel Source

credits-thanks.png

We would like to give thanks to everyone in the Android community, big or small.

That said, we would like to Thank all These Teams for their contribution to the Open Source Community.

* LineageOS/Cyanogenmod

* GZOSP

* ColtOS Team & Specially @Rakesh.Batra

* OmniROM

* Nitrogen OS

* AICP

* crDroid

* DirtyUnicorns

* Screwd AOSP

* CypherOS

* Liquid Remix

* Benzo ROM

* BootLeggers ROM

* AOSP Extended ROM

* Syberia-Project

* PixelDust Project

* Pixel Experience
    All New Build with pre-build vendor

Telegram channel : @msm7pro

First time flash or comming from other rom :
    1. Format data
    2. Flash oos on both the slots
    3. Flash msm and twrp
    4. Reboot to twrp
    5. Flash gapps and other
    5. Reboot to system

Dirty flash :
    1. Flash msm and twrp
    2. Reboot to twrp
    3. Flash gapps and other
    4. Reboot system
    Dirty flashed new build (Xtended-XQ-v9.0-guacamole-OFFICIAL-20200509.zip) over previous one

• Brightness is fixed (it was too high before, even at the lowest)
    • FOD animation and FOD icons are now working (and there are new animations)
    • Double tap to wake was kind of a hit-and-miss before, it seems much more reliable now, will see in the long run

General changelog on MSM Xtended website

I wonder why kernel is now 4.4.117 while it was 4.4.174 or 4.4.175 (can't remember) on 04/14 build?

Edit: other observations:

• New "Tint QS Tile" (to use accent folor for QS tile icons and background) can be turned on and off without restarting SystemUI, unlike what the pop-up message suggests when toggling it. Toggle it, hit "Cancel" and the state changes.
    • New option to automatically hide status bar clock doesn't seem to work here, it never hides. Maybe it only triggers when there are too many notifications icons? the description says "Hide and display clock for regular interval to save statusbar space".

Really good build overall.
    New build is available with June security patch and planty of new and wonderful stuff added [emoji6][emoji3577][emoji106]
    So far everything looks great and rock solid from yesterday late night installed.

Further feedback and safe conclusion after a day or two.

Thanks for the update[emoji106]
    Screenshot_20200612-070123962.jpgScreenshot_20200612-070207051.jpgScreenshot_20200612-070302737.jpgScreenshot_20200612-070356685.jpgScreenshot_20200612-070851_Nova_Launcher.jpg

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Android 11 Update:

Initial Build

link updated in main post