Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Don't Know, I didn't Used Oreo Much

Votes: 54 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Limakos

Mar 25, 2015
NFC not working.
On which firmware are you currently? Are you after clean flash?

I'm planning to install latest build but I need to have NFC working and since I saw people mentioning NFC issues I'm wondering it might be firmware related.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

parag60288

Feb 26, 2013
Mumbai
On which firmware are you currently? Are you after clean flash?

I'm planning to install latest build but I need to have NFC working and since I saw people mentioning NFC issues I'm wondering it might be firmware related.
Tried with 9.0.4 as well as 9.0.5 with clean flash for each firmware. Facing same issue.
Haven't tried any other kernel though.

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
Kernel need to be updated for Pie blobs. Till then you can do following to restore NFC.
Delete /data/nfc/nfaStorage.bin1 from within recovery. courtesy @nvertigo67

Good luck friends ?
I've never claimed deleting /data/nfc/nfaStorage.bin1 is a workaround for mismatching device names in the kernel and the blobs! I've stated, that if you update from non-native oneplus pie blobs (the "old" nfc blobs were kanged from an other device - daisy if I remember correctly) to native oneplus pie blobs (including proper kernel update, of course), you need to delete /data/nfc/nfaStorage.bin1 in order to het nfc working again.

If the blobs doesn't match the kernel's nfc device name, there is no way or workaround to get nfc working.

it is already, just rom side pie blobs r not updated. we r trying to see how to fix don't worry
The fix is simple: if you decide not to use the native oneplus pie blobs (and there are good reasons to stay with the non-native oneplus pie blobs... ) https://github.com/mady51/OmniPie/blob/lineage-16.0/drivers/nfc/pn544_op/pn544.c#L908 needs to define "pn544", if you want to use the native oneplus pie blobs this needs to be "nq-nci".

You can fix this for the time until native oneplus pie blobs are merged by setting "pn544".

mady51

Nov 12, 2015
I've never claimed deleting /data/nfc/nfaStorage.bin1 is a workaround for mismatching device names in the kernel and the blobs! I've stated, that if you update from non-native oneplus pie blobs (the "old" nfc blobs were kanged from an other device - daisy if I remember correctly) to native oneplus pie blobs (including proper kernel update, of course), you need to delete /data/nfc/nfaStorage.bin1 in order to het nfc working again.

If the blobs doesn't match the kernel's nfc device name, there is no way or workaround to get nfc working.

The fix is simple: if you decide not to use the native oneplus pie blobs (and there are good reasons to stay with the non-native oneplus pie blobs... ) https://github.com/mady51/OmniPie/blob/lineage-16.0/drivers/nfc/pn544_op/pn544.c#L908 needs to define "pn544", if you want to use the native oneplus pie blobs this needs to be "nq-nci".

You can fix this for the time until native oneplus pie blobs are merged by setting "pn544".
thanks brother. i have seen the fix, but in the last moment we stopped updating pie blobs in rom due to some issue and i haven't changed that in kernel which caused this issue. though i have already posted msg in my kernel thread to stay on previous version kernel to avoid this issue.
and again thanks for taking ur time n writing here, as an admirer of ur explanation for technical things.

Geofrey Kazaula

Feb 14, 2016
Dar es Salaam
thanks brother. i have seen the fix, but in the last moment we stopped updating pie blobs in rom due to some issue and i haven't changed that in kernel which caused this issue. though i have already posted msg in my kernel thread to stay on previous version kernel to avoid this issue.
and again thanks for taking ur time n writing here, as an admirer of ur explanation for technical things.
Hi,
Thanks for clarification, may you provide a direct download link to the previous kernel?

Regards,