Stable Oxygen OS 11 now released

Search This thread

hachamacha

Jun 15, 2010
Maybe it's an Android 11 or OOS 11 specific bug? I had this random system ui lag ever since first OOS 11 open beta and wondered why they haven't fixed it yet
I'm not much of a game player, never touched pokemon go, but saw this and installed it on OP7T Android 'stable' 11 also have Magisk 22.0 & global US model, and if "not any link to pokemon go" means that you can't see it in the market or get to it's server, I made a quickie dummy character and got in to the point to play it. I think the idea about a 'certain' combination of h/w & s/w might be right, unless I completely missed your meaning of 'not able to link' -

mikefnz

Jan 30, 2008
Christchurch
I don't have any of these problems:
  • No battery overheating
  • No system UI lags
  • Camera portrait mode is working
  • Camera doesn't crash
  • Battery life seems to have improved. But it's too early to really judge this
I'm coming from the last OOS 10 stable release.
Which hardware on you on - 1900 or 1903? I am keen to try and understand why many people including me are having camera problems but some people are not.
I suspect it might be a hardware or flashing process or upgrade route issue but I'm beyond my level of competence!

mikefnz

Jan 30, 2008
Christchurch
On stable, 1903 camera is OK on EU, but not on Global.
On beta, there is no EU, so 1903 camera is NOK on Global.
Thanks for responding. That is very interesting. I am on 1903 and global. I did a full clean and reinstall back to OOS10. Camera was fine. Upgraded to 11 and wide angle camera freezes. I will try again in a couple of days with EU version and report back.

Reactions: trveller72

mikefnz

Jan 30, 2008
Christchurch
Thanks for responding. That is very interesting. I am on 1903 and global. I did a full clean and reinstall back to OOS10. Camera was fine. Upgraded to 11 and wide angle camera freezes. I will try again in a couple of days with EU version and report back.
OK. Did the version change. Down-graded to EU version and then back up to OOS 11. Magic - the wide-angle camera works :)

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
Yes in my 1903 wifi continuously disconnects and rconnects. sometimes it just disconnect and do not reconnect at all. Have to manually connect again. Very annoying.

I have the 1903 and OS11 is working fine for me. Only the camera in portrait mode the problem. I did a clean install (full reset). I also had to clear cache for play services\store. Battery is fine, i would say the same as OS10.

Did you flash OOS11 on top of Beta? Or did you upgrade to OOS11 straight from OOS10?

Marlonese

Feb 1, 2017
I'm not much of a game player, never touched pokemon go, but saw this and installed it on OP7T Android 'stable' 11 also have Magisk 22.0 & global US model, and if "not any link to pokemon go" means that you can't see it in the market or get to it's server, I made a quickie dummy character and got in to the point to play it. I think the idea about a 'certain' combination of h/w & s/w might be right, unless I completely missed your meaning of 'not able to link' -
I think with link they meant that the systemUI lag isn't connected to / caused by Pokemon GO since that was one of my theories.
They might even have paused the upgrade for EU devices since my device found the 10.0.16 update via OTA but not the 11.0.16 update but maybe it's just my single device.

Reactions: hachamacha

Ruchir30

Jan 15, 2017
OnePlus 7T
I am currently on OOS10 v10.3.7 And rooted too, Is the process same as for normal ota upgrade or different for OS change from 10 to 11 to flash magisk on open slot and update? Or different

wfred

Mar 15, 2014
Upstate, NY
Ignore-started new thread and found solution

Just did the upgrade from 10 to 11.0.0.2.
Now Magisk is failing the Safetynet with an API error. I tried reinstalling the Magisk app. It passed prior to the update
Screenshot_20210421-163837.jpg

Last edited:

hachamacha

Jun 15, 2010
Updated to 11.0.0.2 using local - made magisk-patched.img from latest magisk and boot.img as extracted from payload of latest zip distribution.
So far, all is working well, no data on charge life but 11.0 stable was very battery friendly. -- oh yeah: The same Viper I'd used before along with the post-shell.sh file works fine.

Note 2: In V11, it takes me about 3-5 days for the playstore certification but it all works anyway until that time. - I do go to the google certification site and register it using device-id android services framework # - Cheers.

If anyone needs magic-patched for Global OP7T (works on hd1903 & 7 maybe others). I made one from the 11.0.0.2 boot.img for hd1903 global.
Screenshot_20210422-071457.jpg

Hey, just wondering what the story is with Widevine. I tried updating to 11.0.0.2 from 10.0.0.15 and from 10.0.0.16, and each time I ended up with Widevine L3 even while bootloader was locked. (Though the device at least still shows up as certified when unlocked, which is an improvement over before.)
On 11 Beta 4, I get L1 with a locked bootloader, but lose it when unlocking, even after installing Magisk and enabling MagiskHide (so the same behavior as OP10). Unlocking in beta 4 also decertifies the device in Google Play. All of this on an HD1907 phone (technically T-Mo, but I got it from B&H when they were selling HD1907s with the international firmware installed at the factory/no SIM lock.).

Anyway, there appear to be conflicting reports on this, but that said, any testimonials would be helpful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On stable, 1903 camera is OK on EU, but not on Global.
    On beta, there is no EU, so 1903 camera is NOK on Global.
    I think with link they meant that the systemUI lag isn't connected to / caused by Pokemon GO since that was one of my theories.
    They might even have paused the upgrade for EU devices since my device found the 10.0.16 update via OTA but not the 11.0.16 update but maybe it's just my single device.
    Could you write it here too? It could help other people.
    There was a change on the Google side which caused the safetynet CHECK to fail. Magisk was still hidden and the apps still worked. Hide worked, but Check failed.

The immediate solution is to unhide Magisk -> install Canary build from GitHub -> hide Magisk -> reboot

However; there's no urgency or real need to do this. Everything, except the Check, still works as it is supposed to.
    A new stable version is supposed to be released shortly with the fix.
    Installed OOS 11.0.0.2.HD65AA on my HD1907 about 25 hours ago, coming from rooted/Xposed on OOS 10.0.0.14. I experienced so far random freezes, random latency on scrolling, bugginess opening camera from lock screen, unable to root successfully, and fails Safetynet/GPay. The only thing I gained is ability to bubble Signal. At the end of the day, I decided that the sacrifices aren't worth one benefit.

Anyone know how to downgrade without wiping data?
    Do a fresh install or factory reset. Compared to Open Betas and previous stable releases, 11.0.0.2.HD65AA is quite smooth and fast.
    OxygenOS 11 OnePlus 7T Release 1 Initial impressions :

(Note : Dirty flashed over OOS10 build and Carried forward Magisk Root)

Positives :
    1. No major issues which makes the build unusable.
    2. Not facing many issues earlier reported by others
    3. Overall Fluid.
    4. One-hand in OnePlus apps is very handy. (Also like the Lockscreen UI and Notification UI Changes, But I had to use Substratum to get rid of Grey BG in UI with Black BG)
    5. Battery and SOT seems good. In my case it's better than what i got with OOS10. (Without reset)

Critical Issues faced by me :
    1. Double Tap or Single Tap to wake rarely works. (Not recognised often)
    2. Double Tap to wake vibration Missing (Really frustrating)
    3. Pick your phone to show is not working 80 percent of the occasion.
    More issues (is these some kind of empty features to release the build sooner?):
    1. Horizon Light not working completely.
    2. Canvas Beta not working completely (useless feature anyway).

3rd Party Issues :
    1. Netflix Progress bar never goes off on touch (Old workaround doesn't work)
    2. Dolby Atmos App compatibility broken. (Can't blame OnePlus completely, but they could have improved the functions in inbuilt Dolby especially for Speaker)
    3. 3rd Party Recovery data Decryption still broken.

Disappointments :
    1. No improvement in Camera quality (Just gimmicks like social share added)
    i've read comments on onplus forum and i'll wait...

this build should be named Beta 5

Battery overheating
    System ui lags
    Camera portrait mode is not working
    Camera is crashing frequently- clearing cache & deleting storage no use. Issue still persist
    Battery draining quickly
    I don't have any of these problems:
    • No battery overheating
    • No system UI lags
    • Camera portrait mode is working
    • Camera doesn't crash
    • Battery life seems to have improved. But it's too early to really judge this
    I'm coming from the last OOS 10 stable release.
    OnePlus released Oxygen OS 11 For OnePlus 7 Series. You can Download form the link Below.

Changelog:

• System
      • Update to OxygenOS 11 version
      • Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
      • Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
      • Updated Android security patch to 2021.02
      • Updated GMS package to 2021.01
      • Since this is the upgrade of Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
    • Camera
      • Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
      • Newly added the HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
    • Dark mode
      • Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
      • Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
    • Game Space
      • Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads-up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
      • Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, Whatsapp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode.
      • Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
    • Shelf
      • Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
      • Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
    • Gallery
      • Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
      • Optimize the loading screen of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
    OxygenOS 11 OnePlus 7T Release 1 Initial impressions :

(Note : Dirty flashed over OOS10 build and Carried forward Magisk Root)

Positives :
    1. No major issues which makes the build unusable.
    2. Not facing many issues earlier reported by others
    3. Overall Fluid.
    4. One-hand in OnePlus apps is very handy. (Also like the Lockscreen UI and Notification UI Changes, But I had to use Substratum to get rid of Grey BG in UI with Black BG)
    5. Battery and SOT seems good. In my case it's better than what i got with OOS10. (Without reset)

Critical Issues faced by me :
    1. Double Tap or Single Tap to wake rarely works. (Not recognised often)
    2. Double Tap to wake vibration Missing (Really frustrating)
    3. Pick your phone to show is not working 80 percent of the occasion.
    More issues (is these some kind of empty features to release the build sooner?):
    1. Horizon Light not working completely.
    2. Canvas Beta not working completely (useless feature anyway).

3rd Party Issues :
    1. Netflix Progress bar never goes off on touch (Old workaround doesn't work)
    2. Dolby Atmos App compatibility broken. (Can't blame OnePlus completely, but they could have improved the functions in inbuilt Dolby especially for Speaker)
    3. 3rd Party Recovery data Decryption still broken.

Disappointments :
    1. No improvement in Camera quality (Just gimmicks like social share added)

Added 2 more points including battery life impressions after 2 days of usage.

Tips :

1)For guys feeling UI elements are too big :
    Go to Developer Options -> Scroll Down -> Select Smallest Width -> Give 410 or 420 depending on your wish.

2)For guys having any apps vanishing or not getting installed - Happens with few old apps installed from 3rd party sources or Mods which doesn't have proper signature. Update the app or Ask the developer to sort it out. A11 forces you to have certain signatures in the apk which was optional till A10.
    i've read comments on onplus forum and i'll wait...

this build should be named Beta 5

Battery overheating
    System ui lags
    Camera portrait mode is not working
    Camera is crashing frequently- clearing cache & deleting storage no use. Issue still persist
    Battery draining quickly
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone