• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stable Oxygen OS/Android 11 fastboot boot twrp.img lead to Qualcomm Crashdump

Search This thread

BenoMosko

May 28, 2012
Hello,

My goal is to get an Android 11 Stable version with TWRP recovery and magisk root.

I cannot achieve this goal cause of an error - "Qualcomm crashdump" - i get when trying to boot into TWRP.IMG

Does anyone managed to install twrp recovery and root with Android 11 stable?

Thanks

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Hi!

First Thanks for the reply.
Second, I opened a thread just for that, maybe you can share your wisdom with us over there

I dont have a T-Mobile OP6T i have a global device.

"it could work to set up a rooted OOS 10 (which should give you less trouble) and then use the method I described above to upgrade."

Can you share and give us step by step instruction please?

Which version should i be on with installing twrp recovery and root using magisk?
10.3.8?
10.3.12?

cant i do it straight from 11?

thanks.
I believe there's a rollback zip which could help you out. It's at the bottom of this article. Not sure if it works on stable. Note that it wipes everything!

Yes, I have the T-Mobile which is internationally converted
TMO has not been very kind to development in any way. It may just take some time for modding to catch up or you may find a way. Much luck finding the answer🤞 I personally stay as far away from provider branded devices as I can 😬

Reactions: scorpio76r

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
All over like street lights
I believe there's a rollback zip which could help you out. It's at the bottom of this article. Not sure if it works on stable. Note that it wipes everything!

TMO has not been very kind to development in any way. It may just take some time for modding to catch up or you may find a way. Much luck finding the answer🤞 I personally stay as far away from provider branded devices as I can 😬
You are so correct. I will never purchase a carrier branded device again.

BenoMosko

May 28, 2012

Hi,
I have the rollbacks and i can use mstool to do rollbacks to 10.3.8
that's not my issue.

Lets organize it.
I have a goal - OnePlus 6T with OOS11+TWRP+ROOT
can i achieve this goal?
if yes,
can u please give me details on how to achieve?

thanks.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
Hi,
that's not my issue.

Lets organize it.
can i achieve this goal?
if yes,

thanks.
This would also be helpful to people who are just purchasing this device which most likely will have the 11 update already

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Hi,
that's not my issue.

Lets organize it.
can i achieve this goal?
if yes,

thanks.
With an international version, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. After MSM'ing (whichever version) I'd first make sure it gets a working TWRP and Magisk root, then upgrade to latest 10 keeping the method I described in mind (to keep TWRP and root alive), then take the same step towards 11. I don't think it even matters which 10 is present, the full stable 11 zip will upgrade it either way. I was one (security) update behind.

BenoMosko

May 28, 2012
With an international version, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. After MSM'ing (whichever version) I'd first make sure it gets a working TWRP and Magisk root, then upgrade to latest 10 keeping the method I described in mind (to keep TWRP and root alive), then take the same step towards 11. I don't think it even matters which 10 is present, the full stable 11 zip will upgrade it either way. I was one (security) update behind.
Thank you so much for the support :)

"keeping the method I described in mind"

can you please copy paste it here?
and maybe do a little
steps instructions please????????
thanks.

Reactions: scorpio76r

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Thank you so much for the support :)

"keeping the method I described in mind"

can you please copy paste it here?
and maybe do a little
steps instructions please????????
thanks.
I already did 😁
That makes SafetyNet pass? I did the classic routine:
  1. Install full zip (OnePlus6TOxygen_34.J.60) via 'Local upgrade' - no rebooting
  2. Flash TWRP installer (I had 3.4.0-11) via Magisk - no rebooting
  3. Flash Magisk via Magisk to other slot
  4. Reboot! All done.

shreyas.kukde

Feb 4, 2011
Pune
Would flashing OOS 10 back clear all my data? Is there way to just install the TWRP and root it with magisk zip like we did earlier?

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Great, Thanks.
One more question...

when going back to 10.3.8 to install twrp, can i use the latest twrp version and not "3.4.0-11"?

thanks.
Hi ..Will the twrp version 3.5.2-9 work too? Or do we have to use this version in your post?
I really don't think versions are all that important. Try the latest one and work your way down from there? Best practice IMHO is just revisiting the TWRP thread when preparing to flash and check for any anomalies in OP and last 2 or 3 pages of the thread. Do the same for anything you need to flash (Magisk, OOS or custom ROM thread, etc.). More reading lowers the chances of failure.

Reactions: GlasDragon

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
Just use fastboot flash boot_a boot.img and preferably fastboot flash boot_b boot.img, instead of boot.img use beta3 prerooted and preinstalled with twrp boot image - you can find it somewhere on this forum in another section. Then just from fasboot boot to recovery and install oos11 again.
You just brung hope, thank you. I will definitely go on the hunt for that recovery image*Edit, just found the link https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...1-open-beta-2-and-open-beta-3-latest.4316563/

Last edited:

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
This has been solved for the oneplus 6t international converted on Oxygen 11 stable. Using the PRO3 file from the link I posted earlier (shout out to member KizuYuna who made and, provided the PRO3 file, also shout out to ppajdek for pointing me in the right direction ) I fastboot flash boot the file (simple drag and drop) it brought me to a twrp called pitch black( yaay! I had some form of twrp) while in there I flashed the 3.5.1_9-0 fajita installer zip. Next, I hit the power button in the pitch black twrp that gave me a option to reboot to recovery. Yaay, I rebooted to twrp 3,5.1_9-0. Next I flashed the latest 11 oxygen stable. After that I flashed the twrp installer again. After that, I rebooted to recovery (was glad I hadn't bricked by now) Next, I flashed magisk 23.0 and, lastly rebooted to system. (shocked that I didn't get a crash dump screen, lol) went into magisk and, enabled magisk hide. Here are pictures of the result, yaay. I did not post a picture of twrp, but yes it works and is present.
Screenshot_20210812-140334.jpg
Screenshot_20210812-140235.jpg

Last edited:

Libraplum76

This has been solved for the oneplus 6t international converted on Oxygen 11 stable. Using the PRO3 file from the link I posted earlier (shout out to member KizuYuna who made and, provided the PRO3 file, also shout out to ppajdek for pointing me in the right direction ) I fastboot flash boot the file (simple drag and drop) it brought me to a twrp called pitch black( yaay! I had some form of twrp) while in there I flashed the 3.5.1_9-0 fajita installer zip. Next, I hit the power button in the pitch black twrp that gave me a option to reboot to recovery. Yaay, I rebooted to twrp 3,5.1_9-0. Next I flashed the latest 11 oxygen stable. After that I flashed the twrp installer again. After that, I rebooted to recovery (was glad I hadn't bricked by now) Next, I flashed magisk 23.0 and, lastly rebooted to system. (shocked that I didn't get a crash dump screen, lol) went into magisk and, enabled magisk hide. Here are pictures of the result, yaay. I did not post a picture of twrp, but yes it works and is present. View attachment 5384313View attachment 5384315
Great! Worked for me too. Thought I could never get Root or Twrp again.

shreyas.kukde

Feb 4, 2011
Pune
It has been a no go so far trying to get magisk and twrp on 11. I guess we will need to use the msm tool and,start from scratch
A telegram group titled OnePlus 6T Chat has a user who said he flashed latest TWRP and Latest Magisk and it worked for him. Strange..

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 191

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This has been solved for the oneplus 6t international converted on Oxygen 11 stable. Using the PRO3 file from the link I posted earlier (shout out to member KizuYuna who made and, provided the PRO3 file, also shout out to ppajdek for pointing me in the right direction ) I fastboot flash boot the file (simple drag and drop) it brought me to a twrp called pitch black( yaay! I had some form of twrp) while in there I flashed the 3.5.1_9-0 fajita installer zip. Next, I hit the power button in the pitch black twrp that gave me a option to reboot to recovery. Yaay, I rebooted to twrp 3,5.1_9-0. Next I flashed the latest 11 oxygen stable. After that I flashed the twrp installer again. After that, I rebooted to recovery (was glad I hadn't bricked by now) Next, I flashed magisk 23.0 and, lastly rebooted to system. (shocked that I didn't get a crash dump screen, lol) went into magisk and, enabled magisk hide. Here are pictures of the result, yaay. I did not post a picture of twrp, but yes it works and is present.
    Screenshot_20210812-140334.jpg
    Screenshot_20210812-140235.jpg
    This has been solved for the oneplus 6t international converted on Oxygen 11 stable. Using the PRO3 file from the link I posted earlier (shout out to member KizuYuna who made and, provided the PRO3 file, also shout out to ppajdek for pointing me in the right direction ) I fastboot flash boot the file (simple drag and drop) it brought me to a twrp called pitch black( yaay! I had some form of twrp) while in there I flashed the 3.5.1_9-0 fajita installer zip. Next, I hit the power button in the pitch black twrp that gave me a option to reboot to recovery. Yaay, I rebooted to twrp 3,5.1_9-0. Next I flashed the latest 11 oxygen stable. After that I flashed the twrp installer again. After that, I rebooted to recovery (was glad I hadn't bricked by now) Next, I flashed magisk 23.0 and, lastly rebooted to system. (shocked that I didn't get a crash dump screen, lol) went into magisk and, enabled magisk hide. Here are pictures of the result, yaay. I did not post a picture of twrp, but yes it works and is present. View attachment 5384313View attachment 5384315
    Awesome, Thanks to you all who put this together. I have found my solution to my problems.. Trucking Thrilled!! Thanks again to all who participated!!!
    Just use fastboot flash boot_a boot.img and preferably fastboot flash boot_b boot.img, instead of boot.img use beta3 prerooted and preinstalled with twrp boot image - you can find it somewhere on this forum in another section. Then just from fasboot boot to recovery and install oos11 again.
    after borking my phone w/my 1st attempt to upgrade to A11, this worked!
    many thanks!

Hi,
    that's not my issue.

Lets organize it.
    can i achieve this goal?
    if yes,

thanks.