[STABLE] [ROM] [A71/A70] [OPTIMIZED] [12] Pixel Experience for Samsung Galaxy A71

Search This thread

TigerLake

Oct 28, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A71
GtwTyCR.png

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */

Disclaimer: This GSI ROM is not mine. I just add optimizations and suggest other optimizations down below. I am putting this here since the A71 doesn't really have a lot of ROMs, and many GSIs don't boot on this device. So, this is going to be a device-specific thread to get this ROM up and running on the A71. All GSIs that I post here will boot if instructions are followed properly. All the credit goes to Ponces, other GSI developers, and everyone working on this GSI. I don't want this forum to be a ''copy-paste'' thread.. even if it looks like it. Again,i don't take any credits!! If anyone wants to contribute on this to make it better for our device, please contact me.

All credits goes to:
Ponces for the GSI.
@AleksB.46 - for the guides on optimizing this ROM
Credits: @ShaDisNX255 for the stock boot.img, extracted from RayOS
@afaneh92 for the TWRP recovery.
Thread - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-unofficial-twrp-for-galaxy-a71-snapdragon.4350893/
@ianmacd for the multidisabler
@patricktbp for your installer and fix for Samsung devices that I use as a base, changed up the existing system img to the latest PE

What is this?
This ROM is based on a GSI with A71 specific optimizations. Also Google optimizes stuff better than Samsung anyway. This ROM is extremely stable and will boot if all guidances are followed.

And what is a GSI?
'' A generic system image (GSI) is a system image with adjusted configurations for Android devices. It's considered a pure Android implementation with unmodified Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code that any Android device running Android 9 or higher can run successfully.
GSIs are used for running VTS and CTS-on-GSI tests. The system image of an Android device is replaced with a GSI then tested with the Vendor Test Suite (VTS) and the Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) to ensure that the device implements vendor interfaces correctly with the latest version of Android.) ''

What are the bugs?

Fingerprint not working
SIM 2 might not be fully working

You tell me
Bluetooth - fix is by disabling a2dp offload in dev settings
Brightness - partial fix is by setting in phh settings samsung features then set backlight scale to 1
Offline charging - fix coming soon!
sim 1 incoming and outgoing does not work (you can revieve calls and call but you wonth hear anything nor will your mic go trying to fix) (workaround is to put your sim into slot 2)

Downloads

Download these files:
ROM download - Use FDM for faster speeds.
Multidisabler, stock boot.img and TWRP - file given below

Installation Guide
- Make sure your phone is already bootloader unlocked and you have a custom recovery installed, minimum.
- Go to your custom recovery and then wipe
- Flash the boot.img file given below (note: Flash only on A71 4G. I am not responsible if your device bricked because you flashed this img on A71 5G or other devices. EVEN IF IT IS SIMILAR, IT WON'T WORK!)
- Reboot to recovery (important)
- Your device might boot to a stock recovery as of now. Don't panic if it does. Power off then boot to download mode
- Select "reboot to download"
- Use Odin to flash twrp-3.6.2_11-3_afaneh92-a71.tar (AP slot) that is given below.
- When the device reboots, immediately boot into the custom recovery by pressing volume up + power button.
- Flash Multidisabler, file given below
- Flash Fix FIRST!!!
- Then flash ROM zip.
- Wipe again just to make sure
- Reboot
- For BT to work better: Disable A2DP offload from developer options.

GSI Optimization (can work for all A12 GSIs)
- PHH Treble Settings -
(device-specific settings)
Open Settings > Phh Treble Settings. Here you have multiple categories.
Head over to 'Samsung features' and enable:
- extended brightness range
- double tap to wake
- access to all cameras
- extra sensors
- Use alternate audio policy
- workaround for white-ish screen
- workaround for broken fingerprint
Get to 'Doze features' and check everything.
Get to 'Misc features' and enable:
- Force allow Always-on Display
- Allow setting brightness to the lowest
- Force enable Camera2API HAL3
- Force-disable A2DP offload
- Disable FUSE storage layer ( Play with it to see if performance is better or worse )
Get to 'IMS features' and enabe:

- Force the presence of 4G Calling

Google Camera: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl61/

Apply this config:https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/f/2021/11/BSG-A71-GV1h.xml

And Lib: https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/morgenmanlibv6.so

Fast charging MOD:

By default A71 on GSI charges really slow, this enables fast charging for the A71 on any GSI

To install, download this from: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KguCeLD-VHShm0MYzKhYrsAv-rZAuJeA/view?usp=sharing

Now install the module it will ask you to use volume keys follow the instructions and choose 4500mah 27w. Once installed reboot!

For better performance and battery life:

- Uninstall ANY OTHER KERNEL MANAGER app including smartpack/Ktweaks to avoid conflict, since this app uses AI and machine learning to dynamically boost performance when needed

- Update FDE AI to the latest version by downloading the latest APK here, then rename the apk to zip and then flash it via magisk: https://github.com/feravolt/FDE.AI-docs/releases

- Open FDE.AI settings, enable analyze apps, disable throttling and ignore charging (A71 doesn't get hot anyways, so scamsung's throttling measures are useless mf), Force Doze mode, and check ALL build.prop tweaks (this might fix slow mobile data and many other network related bugs, and graphical glitches with the GPU tweaks)

- Go to tools and select extra optimization - toggle max performance then click on START, and make sure you set auto optimization as well, I recommend setting the time to 23:00 PM - 04:00 AM

- Go to the settings tab and use the AUTO settings for FDE AI, make sure you toggle advanced mode aswell.

Install GMS Doze Magisk Module: https://github.com/gloeyisk/universal-gms-doze

Attachments

• Fix.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • boot.img
    64 MB · Views: 64
  • multidisabler-samsung-3.1.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 34
  • twrp-3.6.2_11-3_afaneh92-a71.tar
    32.3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

patricktbpp

Dec 3, 2022
Ireland
Hello! patricktbp here, I lost my old XDA account and I don't remember my password or email to restore it. In my testing on my A71 Fingerprint works perfectly and SIM 1 does too. Just wanted to mention that.

TigerLake

Oct 28, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A71
As Samsung has been making crappier and crappier vendors that introduce even more bugs plus increasingly locking down devices, I recommend downgrading to Android 11 Vendor to fix some of the prevalent bugs

Doesn't matter even if you have upgraded to android 13 and your bit/sw rev is 8, downgrade via Odin while you still can. I recommend flashing the Polish firmware, as Poland is the first to receive updates and polish firmware is generally more stable overall.

download: https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-A715F/XEO?page=1

1670111826089.png

charan66

Jul 5, 2018
@TigerLake This link provided for rom is deleted. Can you reupload it please. Showing like this...file not found or deleted. ( At the bottom of the image)
Screenshot_20230128_184831_Brave.jpg

Last edited:

charan66

Jul 5, 2018
The link for ROM is not available for download. Please update it. (At the end of the image ). Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230128_184831_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20230128_184831_Brave.jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 13