[Stable][ROM]LineageOS 15.1 for Z5C (suzuran)

Search This thread

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Hi all:

Here is a LineageOS 15.1 ROM for Z5 compact.

Download 2021-10-17

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed rom and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into twrp and flash this zip file. Enable md5sum checking. The zip file itself is not signed, so you have to disable zip verification.

Kernel sources
Tree sources

Features:

• OS Version: 8.1.0 Oreo
  • Kernel: Linux 3.10
  • New: Android security patch level: 5 October 2021
  • Using sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54

Important informations:
  • You should be familiar with general installation of custom roms.
  • Required for installation: TWRP 3.2.1(pick the version from 2018-02-23!!!)
    OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.6.2!
  • This ROM needs a clean install, old /data may cause problems!
  • This ROM is pre-rooted.
  • This ROM comes with F-Droid and UnifiedNLP.
  • It is highly recommended that your device is running (or HAS RUN in the past!) the latest stock ROM from Sony (32.4.A.1.54) before flashing this ROM.
    Otherwise the baseband files may not match.

Working:
  • Phone calls
  • SMS
  • Manual mobile network search
  • WIFI
  • Bluetooth
  • Fingerprint
  • GPS
  • Location services
  • LiveDisplay (see attached pictures)
  • Enforced SELinux support (see attached picture)
  • New: Camera; built-in app (Snap *) ) and 3rd-party apps (Thanks to @torukk)
    *) Snap is only working with main camera! If you switch to the so called "selfie" camera, the app crashes and can't be restarted any more. If that happens, you have to clear the app storage (long press app -> app info -> clear storage). OpenCamera is working in both modes.

These things are NOT working (don't ask!)
  • Encryption
  • FM-Radio (not included)
Maybe some more things are not working.

Use this rom at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this rom in any way.

Changelog

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200511-230437_Phone_Services.png
    Screenshot_20200511-230437_Phone_Services.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Screenshot_20200530-164415_LineageOS_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200530-164415_LineageOS_Settings.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 912
  • Screenshot_20200530-164424_LineageOS_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200530-164424_LineageOS_Settings.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 830
  • Screenshot_20200530-164433_LineageOS_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200530-164433_LineageOS_Settings.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 809
  • Screenshot_20200530-164441_LineageOS_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200530-164441_LineageOS_Settings.png
    60 KB · Views: 803
  • Screenshot_20200530-164501_LineageOS_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200530-164501_LineageOS_Settings.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 852
Last edited:

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
This is amazing! Thank you. Hope the SMS and Camera functionality issues eventually get sorted out soon.

brordavid

Mar 18, 2011
Nexus 7 (2013)
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
I've lost my hope completely! I know there are brilliant developers around here, but kitakami is more than dead and no one (except me :angel: ) spends any time on it... :confused:
But this is a real good working device and I can't understand why I should change it!

I know that xda-users has collected money and buying a phone to a developer to make everything work.
(Like this thread:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/xdafor...neageos-dev-erfanoabdia-moto-x4-t3808858/amp/
)

As I don't can contribute to get any of the issues to work, I can contribute with some money in this case. :)
I don't know any developer who would accept this deal though.

Just an idea.

Please don't give up, now that you are so close.

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
This is still a good device. I don't want another one. :)
Same here!

I've been at some phone dealers the past week to have a look to other/newer devices and I talked with many people about that and what I want and need!
;)
The first idea was a xz2c (or much cheaper!) a xz1c. But everybody told me not to buy one of these devices! They aren't as good as older devices, like our z5c!
The second idea was (don't laugh!) an iPhone 8! A friend of mine gave me his used iPhone 6 to play around with it.
But, that's not my world!
  • I can't get access to the filesystem!
  • I can't copy a file from/to my computer simply by connecting the device via usb cable. I always have to use this fuc*** piece of malware named iTunes to copy something (only pictures i.e.)
So I decided to stay with my z5c as long as it will live! :good:

trancazo71

Dec 21, 2017
error 7 !!! , i use twrp 3.1.1-0
I edit, updated to 3.2.1 and correct. Rom promising, you only need to have a network for calls. Very agile and smooth

Last edited:

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
error 7 !!! , i use twrp 3.1.1-0
I edit, updated to 3.2.1 and correct.
Please excuse me! That was my fault! Yes, you need 3.2.1 or newer!!! I'll edit my 1st post asap... Done!

Rom promising, you only need to have a network for calls.
I don't understand! Is voice calling not working? Didn't made a voice call the last few days...
But I'll use this rom for a while now for testing purposes...

Very agile and smooth
What about battery live? As long as I see, the battery drains faster than with los 14.1.. :confused:

Last edited:

trancazo71

Dec 21, 2017
I'm sorry I can not answer that. I was not able to connect to the voice network and I need the suzuran jijiji. It becomes strange the "no use" of opengapps, but use titanium backup or to recover several apk and everything was correct, until WhatsApp. I am waiting to put voice network to give it a second chance. Regarding being able to make calls, the settings tell me what company I have, I can use mobile data, but the sim is not registered in the network. I have used * # * # info ... to see what happened and did not register in the tests. Normally, other rom give the option of downloading from your provider the configuration of the network, but I have not found that option, and if I search for a network manually, no results are displayed. I'm sorry I did not persist in the tests.

Last edited:

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
I was not able to connect to the voice network
You're right! Thats'.... weird! I swear, that has worked in the past!
There is actually a data connection but no voice connection (see screenshot [in german]) And the signal strength is not ok too. :confused:
I'm actually building a new version and I'll see if this error is gone...

It becomes strange the "no use" of opengapps
Oh, you can use GApps! But as I said, weird thing may happen! For example, you can't access the settings to (de)activate bluetooth or nfc. The system crashes immediately with a kernel panic, the led flashes red and the system restarts!

but use titanium backup or to recover several apk
You can fetch apk's with yalpstore too!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190116-155745_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20190116-155745_Einstellungen.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 346

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Workaround for this issue:

"Play" a little bit with the "Set preferred network type" in "Phone info" in the *#*#info#*#* part. When setting it to "LTE/UMTS auto (PRL)" or "LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)" or "LTE/WCDMA auto (PRL)" (or like this) I can connect to the network...
...but only for one single outgoing phone call... :cyclops:
I know, this is far away from beeing satisfying, but I don't have another idea in the moment... :angel:

D

Deleted member 7835385

There is a guy that managed to make the camera work (but with low quality).
If he gives the rom to berni and he takes a look at it, we might have a fully working oreo rom.
I already tagged him in a few places, let's cross our fingers

Reactions: ramirrat
D

Deleted member 7835385

Little bug discovered:
if you go into the "printing services" section and click on the default one that's enabled, the phone crashes.
Maybe it happens with custom ones as well, have to test that
Edit:
Another bug, if you enable the long press of the Power button to turn on the flashlight the phone reboots.
This is probably because of the non working torch/camera tho
Edit 2:
Night Light isn't working

Last edited by a moderator:

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Little bug discovered:
if you go into the "printing services" section and click on the default one that's enabled, the phone crashes.
Never used that! With LineageOS 14.1 nothing crashes...

Another bug, if you enable the long press of the Power button to turn on the flashlight the phone reboots.
This is probably because of the non working torch/camera tho
Yes! The torch depends on a working camera.

Night Light isn't working
Oups! Wth is "night light" ? :confused:

MixEcoSystem

Jan 25, 2014
New York
Holy s**t you actually did it. I thought the Z5c is never getting Oreo. I applaud you for this. Looking forward to a more usable version in the future :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all:

Here is a LineageOS 15.1 ROM for Z5 compact.

Download 2021-10-17

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed rom and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into twrp and flash this zip file. Enable md5sum checking. The zip file itself is not signed, so you have to disable zip verification.

Kernel sources
    Tree sources

Features:

• OS Version: 8.1.0 Oreo
    • Kernel: Linux 3.10
    • New: Android security patch level: 5 October 2021
    • Using sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54

Important informations:
    • You should be familiar with general installation of custom roms.
    • Required for installation: TWRP 3.2.1(pick the version from 2018-02-23!!!)
      OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.6.2!
    • This ROM needs a clean install, old /data may cause problems!
    • This ROM is pre-rooted.
    • This ROM comes with F-Droid and UnifiedNLP.
    • It is highly recommended that your device is running (or HAS RUN in the past!) the latest stock ROM from Sony (32.4.A.1.54) before flashing this ROM.
      Otherwise the baseband files may not match.

Working:
    • Phone calls
    • SMS
    • Manual mobile network search
    • WIFI
    • Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint
    • GPS
    • Location services
    • LiveDisplay (see attached pictures)
    • Enforced SELinux support (see attached picture)
    • New: Camera; built-in app (Snap *) ) and 3rd-party apps (Thanks to @torukk)
      *) Snap is only working with main camera! If you switch to the so called "selfie" camera, the app crashes and can't be restarted any more. If that happens, you have to clear the app storage (long press app -> app info -> clear storage). OpenCamera is working in both modes.

These things are NOT working (don't ask!)
    • Encryption
    • FM-Radio (not included)
    Maybe some more things are not working.

Use this rom at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this rom in any way.

Changelog
    New version out; see 1st post.
    Changes:
    Fully working phone calls.
    Fully working SMS
    Aren't you spreading yourself thin by also trying to maintain the Oreo version, along with Nougat & Android 10?
    The answer is quite simple:
    • los14.1 (N) is as stable as possible and development seems to be stopped.
    • los17.1 (Q) does not work stable enough at this device and I don't know how to fix that. And the memory issue (running out of memory) is still not fixed.
    • The sources of los15.1 (O) are as stable as possible. Why shouldn't I try to make this build better than before (camera)?
    I'm now focussing on the network and outgoing call problem
    After some weeks trying to fix one of these problems I have to say that I'm not able to do so!

I don't know enough about object orientated programming (c++ and java) to even know where to search and I don't want to end every day frustrated by that.

So I've decided to stop every development on LineageOS 15.1 (and higher)!

I'm sorry about that... :(
    This is still a good device. I don't want another one. :)
    Same here!

I've been at some phone dealers the past week to have a look to other/newer devices and I talked with many people about that and what I want and need!
    ;)
    The first idea was a xz2c (or much cheaper!) a xz1c. But everybody told me not to buy one of these devices! They aren't as good as older devices, like our z5c!
    The second idea was (don't laugh!) an iPhone 8! A friend of mine gave me his used iPhone 6 to play around with it.
    But, that's not my world!
    • I can't get access to the filesystem!
    • I can't copy a file from/to my computer simply by connecting the device via usb cable. I always have to use this fuc*** piece of malware named iTunes to copy something (only pictures i.e.)
    So I decided to stay with my z5c as long as it will live! :good: