Custom ROM for the LG G7 ThinQ
No more Updates from me
This is Lineage 17.1 (Android 10) ROM designed for the LG G7 ThinQ. It was designed with the help of @thenotonly and @SGCMarkus and without them this would not have been possible. Thank you guys for all your help!
Warning: You need to have Android 9.0 Stock pre-installed.
- Anything that can go into Fastboot
(exept T-Mobile model G710TM and Korean users will have a hard time following the guide)
I am not responsible if you are late for work, missed an important call, got yourself stuck under a rock or break your TV with a wii remote. That also includes turtles. Make sure everything important is working for you before you decide to use this ROM as a daily driver.
What is working:
- DAC Controls
- FM Radio
- Always on Display
- Most stuff i haven't mentioned
What are the Bugs:
Bluetooth Audio (Workaround)
- USB Hotspot
- The ones that are still hidden
Step 1: TWRP
- Backup any data you have (including music, photos, etc)!
- You cannot do that in TWRP!
- FIrst you need to boot TWRP. You can refer to the Guide right here
TWRP Guide for the LG G7 ThinQ < -- Link
- Once you meet all the requirements boot into TWRP and proceed to step 2
Step 2: Installing
- In TWRP go to Wipe -> Format Data. ( This will wipe absolutely everything on the phone.)
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Download Lineage 17.1 Installation zip file from Google Drive and copy it to your phone
- In TWRP go to Install -> Find your zip file -> Install it
- Once done reboot the phone
Step 3. Install Magisk (Optional)
- Make soure you have successfully booted into LineageOS
- Reboot to bootloader
- Boot into TWRP using "fastboot boot"
- Download Magisk zip file from the official Magisk XDA thread (Google it) to your phone
- Install Magisk zip
- Reboot to system
Congratulations! Now You have LineageOS installed on your device! WooHoo! :victory:
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the LG G7 ThinQ
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Android 9.0 pre-installed + TWRP guide
Based On: LineageOS
Current Stable Version: 202200218
Stable Release Date: 2020-02-18
Last Updated 2020-04-17