Themes / Apps / Mods Stand alone Clock, Navbargone, Battery Icon Gone, etc. Mods

Search This thread

stin00

Dec 14, 2021
Pixel 6 pro rooted
November update build SD1A.210817.036
Magisk Canary 23016

The navbarswap 2 button mod was working perfectly on my P6P a few days ago. Today I resetted my phone to factory defaults (for other reasons).

Now when I try to use the navbarswap mod I can flash it successfully, but afterwards when rebooting my phone is stuck in a boot loop. It restarts when the colored 'G' appears with powered by android. I then have to enter safe mode and reboot to unstuck the bootloop.

I am not very experienced with rooting. Did my factory reset somehow mess something up? I'm still rooted and I can for example install another mod successfully, like the charge to 90% mod from another user. But the navbarswap always boot loops me. The change clock to the right also causes a boot loop (I'm not using both at the same time, just tried the clock change module for testing purposes).

Is there any way I can diagnose or log my errors? I would really love to use the navbarswap again, it's the main reason I rooted :) Big chance I'm doing something wrong though.

(And I'll send you a beer soon Tulsadiver, this mod helps me survive my change from OnePlus to a Google Pixel by keeping my back button on the right)

Last edited:

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Pixel 6 pro rooted
November update build SD1A.210817.036
Magisk Canary 23016

The navbarswap 2 button mod was working perfectly on my P6P a few days ago. Today I resetted my phone to factory defaults (for other reasons).

Now when I try to use the navbarswap mod I can flash it successfully, but afterwards when rebooting my phone is stuck in a boot loop. It restarts when the colored 'G' appears with powered by android. I then have to enter safe mode and reboot to unstuck the bootloop.

I am not very experienced with rooting. Did my factory reset somehow mess something up? I'm still rooted and I can for example install another mod successfully, like the charge to 90% mod from another user. But the navbarswap always boot loops me. The change clock to the right also causes a boot loop (I'm not using both at the same time, just tried the clock change module for testing purposes).

Is there any way I can diagnose or log my errors? I would really love to use the navbarswap again, it's the main reason I rooted :) Big chance I'm doing something wrong though.

(And I'll send you a beer soon Tulsadiver, this mod helps me survive my change from OnePlus to a Google Pixel by keeping my back button on the right)
First, make sure you are on December update.

Next, uninstall everything and reboot afterwards and try again.

Reactions: stin00

5upon

Jan 31, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Just to be clear - does this mod create a Magisk module, or does it modify system files? Looking for a way to hide the nav pill on Jan update, and this looks like the most lightweight approach.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Just to be clear - does this mod create a Magisk module, or does it modify system files? Looking for a way to hide the nav pill on Jan update, and this looks like the most lightweight approach.
These are Magisk modules.

@5upon Edit: they do modify the systemui but through Magisk modules.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5upon

nguyenson91hp

Apr 14, 2011
Hai Phong
What are you looking for?
Thank you for asking. I am using ProtonAOSP. And currently using non-root solution to hide the navigation bar. However, with it being defunct in Jan update, I am finding another solution (I am using Vivid NG) for custom rom like Proton. But most of the mods here in xda only for stockrom. The ProtonAOSP version incorporating Jan update is not released yet, but I am looking around for solutions.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Thank you for asking. I am using ProtonAOSP. And currently using non-root solution to hide the navigation bar. However, with it being defunct in Jan update, I am finding another solution (I am using Vivid NG) for custom rom like Proton. But most of the mods here in xda only for stockrom. The ProtonAOSP version incorporating Jan update is not released yet, but I am looking around for solutions.
I might be able to help. When you get the January update, pull your framework-res.apk, services.jar, and SystemUI.apk and upload them here.

Reactions: nguyenson91hp

Top Liked Posts