Question Stand out feature

Search This thread

Abhi190796

Jan 25, 2022
what is the new feature in this google pixel 6 pro that stand out in the market more then other smart phones

skymera

Mar 28, 2010
Unlockable bootloader if you purchase unlocked.

Magic eraser, but I honestly just see that as software that could be ported anywhere but right now googles implementation seem to work best (compared to Samsung).

Eh, lots of other phones let you unlock the bootloader.

Magic Eraser is good, but it's just a gimmick. The effectiveness varies wildly with some results being genuinely impressive and others being truly awful.

Having owned a P6P since release day I can say the amount of bugs Google keep introducing is what makes this phone stand out. Everything else the phone does is mediocre at best.

Skip and wait for S22

• Haha
Reactions: YDBB and ggrant3876

pcriz

Magic Eraser is good, but it's just a gimmick. The effectiveness varies wildly with some results being genuinely impressive and others being truly awful.

Having owned a P6P since release day I can say the amount of bugs Google keep introducing is what makes this phone stand out. Everything else the phone does is mediocre at best.

Skip and wait for S22

Ok, they asked for stand out features. You didn't offer a counter. So on this phone that's my opinion of what is offered.

And some regions don't have access to many phones with unlockable bootloaders.

Last edited:

skymera

Mar 28, 2010
A lot of phones in my market don't come with unlockable bootloaders

I'm also not here to defend against your opinion. If you wanted to complain about the phone you should've just led with that.

Plenty of people are willing to happily discuss all the phones short comings without coming off like a troll in hiding.

It was absolutely not a troll post.
Those are my sentiments on those areas you pointed out as 'stand out' having dailied the phone since release day.

And the final line summarises what makes the phone stand out - bugs. Totally accurate and valid.

The genuine bugs are a real issue which are affecting usability for a great number of people. Disappointment in things like Magic Eraser were entirely Google's own doing. They massively overhyped the P6 / P6P with their aggressive ad campaigns and they were unable to deliver.

Reactions: hand-filer

pcriz

It was absolutely not a troll post.
Those are my sentiments on those areas you pointed out as 'stand out' having dailied the phone since release day.

And the final line summarises what makes the phone stand out - bugs. Totally accurate and valid.

The genuine bugs are a real issue which are affecting usability for a great number of people. Disappointment in things like Magic Eraser were entirely Google's own doing. They massively overhyped the P6 / P6P with their aggressive ad campaigns and they were unable to deliver.

I'm totally not interested in defending the phone. I offered my opinion to op whom I thought you initially were which is why I assumed you were so invested in my opinion. And thus I edited my post.

You don't care for the phone. Cool. Doesn't affect what's in my pocket. Have a great day friend.

s3axel

Yes they do, but in most cases comes with a penalty !

In general loss of warranty is an issue with many manufacturers as well as loss of functionality (Knox!)

This is where I feel the Pixel is indeed ahead, as unlocking comes without penalties and is easily (and without left-overs) revertable....

And to add on top: maybe because of this if feel the Pixel has very active community development happening in comparison to other devices.....

As to the OP question: I see pure Android as a benefit, plus I like the very well made live translate option !

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The killer feature of the Pixel 6 for me is the call filtering feature.
Oh, yes! Good call. I start taking these features for granted, I forget about them.

The Hold for Me feature is great, too. No more MUZAK or annoying distorted sounds they pretend is music, repeating on end for 30 minutes while holding...as long as the business your dealing with is recognized by Google as having a supported hold function - either that or it just sometimes has been a "miss" in auto-detecting that I'm on hold, but that was over a month ago, so not on the January update, and I'm not on hold that often.

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
My vote for a single feature is the 4x zoom camera. I'm very impressed with the quality of shots and love being able to have zoom. There is quite a bit about this phone that I like a lot. I got the phone the same day that the Jan. update was released so for me I'm also impressed with how fast the phone is and how well the software works.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Maybe not really a "feature", but for me it's the Tensor chip for 2 main reasons.

1. Integration with AI (for whatever that's worth 🙃), but more importantly,
2. 5 years of security updates (If it was still Qualcomm we would only be getting 3).

My favorite feature is the 20x zoom, but there are other phones out there with better zooms so I wouldn't say this is a standout feature that separates the Pixel 6 series from other phones.

pcriz

Maybe not really a "feature", but for me it's the Tensor chip for 2 main reasons.

1. Integration with AI (for whatever that's worth 🙃), but more importantly,
2. 5 years of security updates (If it was still Qualcomm we would only be getting 3).

My favorite feature is the 20x zoom, but there are other phones out there with better zooms so I wouldn't say this is a standout feature that separates the Pixel 6 series from other phones.

Samsungs also get five years of security updates.

pcriz

I wasn't doing the math, I said "etc..."
I guess I don't see a point and not using all the data present. It's great google started doing it but it isn't exactly ground breaking. And it isn't because of tensor.

Just providing data for clarity based on ops question.

I rarely keep a phone for two years so personally i don't care either way.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
I guess I don't see a point and not using all the data present. It's great google started doing it but it isn't exactly ground breaking. And it isn't because of tensor.

Just providing data for clarity based on ops question.

I rarely keep a phone for two years so personally i don't care either way.
Yeah, I didn't say it was groundbreaking and I wasn't going to list every phone, hence "etc...". And I'm just going by what Google said that the 5 years of security updates is "...thanks to Tensor.".

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh, yes! Good call. I start taking these features for granted, I forget about them.

The Hold for Me feature is great, too. No more MUZAK or annoying distorted sounds they pretend is music, repeating on end for 30 minutes while holding...as long as the business your dealing with is recognized by Google as having a supported hold function - either that or it just sometimes has been a "miss" in auto-detecting that I'm on hold, but that was over a month ago, so not on the January update, and I'm not on hold that often.
    My vote for a single feature is the 4x zoom camera. I'm very impressed with the quality of shots and love being able to have zoom. There is quite a bit about this phone that I like a lot. I got the phone the same day that the Jan. update was released so for me I'm also impressed with how fast the phone is and how well the software works.
    Yes they do, but in most cases comes with a penalty !

In general loss of warranty is an issue with many manufacturers as well as loss of functionality (Knox!)

This is where I feel the Pixel is indeed ahead, as unlocking comes without penalties and is easily (and without left-overs) revertable....

And to add on top: maybe because of this if feel the Pixel has very active community development happening in comparison to other devices.....

As to the OP question: I see pure Android as a benefit, plus I like the very well made live translate option !

Skip and wait for S22

Ok, they asked for stand out features. You didn't offer a counter. So on this phone that's my opinion of what is offered.

And some regions don't have access to many phones with unlockable bootloaders.