Question Stand out feature

Search This thread

pcriz

Yeah, I didn't say it was groundbreaking and I wasn't going to list every phone, hence "etc...". And I'm just going by what Google said that the 5 years of security updates is "...thanks to Tensor.".
And I corrected that statement.... For clarity. Especially since Qualcomm was specifically mentioned.

One might assume it wasn't possible on Qualcomm. And Sammy is doing it on exynos and snapdragon devices.

I don't get the rub here?

Didn't ask you to list other phones.

Sine.

The Hold for Me feature is great, too. No more MUZAK or annoying distorted sounds they pretend is music, repeating on end for 30 minutes while holding...as long as the business your dealing with is recognized by Google as having a supported hold function - either that or it just sometimes has been a "miss" in auto-detecting that I'm on hold, but that was over a month ago, so not on the January update, and I'm not on hold that often.
Unfortunately, this feature is not available (yet?) in France, and I doubt it could be enabled from the phone somehow, must be processed server side.

• Sad
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

pcriz

* * * REMINDER * * *

Let's stay on topic please.

The "Sammy is better than Google" thing is done.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.
Wasn't really about Samsung. It was about a statement implying only 3 years of support on Pixel devices was because of Qualcomm and now the pixel has 5 because it went to tensor/exynos. Which isn't really a true statement. The other manufacturer that happened to do it is irrelevant. And it seemed we were done quite awhile ago.

I'd say it's hard to compare and contrast "stand out features" without discussing the market the phone exists in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The killer feature of the Pixel 6 for me is the call filtering feature.
    The killer feature of the Pixel 6 for me is the call filtering feature.
    Oh, yes! Good call. I start taking these features for granted, I forget about them.

The Hold for Me feature is great, too. No more MUZAK or annoying distorted sounds they pretend is music, repeating on end for 30 minutes while holding...as long as the business your dealing with is recognized by Google as having a supported hold function - either that or it just sometimes has been a "miss" in auto-detecting that I'm on hold, but that was over a month ago, so not on the January update, and I'm not on hold that often.
    My vote for a single feature is the 4x zoom camera. I'm very impressed with the quality of shots and love being able to have zoom. There is quite a bit about this phone that I like a lot. I got the phone the same day that the Jan. update was released so for me I'm also impressed with how fast the phone is and how well the software works.
    Eh, lots of other phones let you unlock the bootloader.
    Yes they do, but in most cases comes with a penalty !

In general loss of warranty is an issue with many manufacturers as well as loss of functionality (Knox!)

This is where I feel the Pixel is indeed ahead, as unlocking comes without penalties and is easily (and without left-overs) revertable....

And to add on top: maybe because of this if feel the Pixel has very active community development happening in comparison to other devices.....

As to the OP question: I see pure Android as a benefit, plus I like the very well made live translate option !
    Eh, lots of other phones let you unlock the bootloader.

Magic Eraser is good, but it's just a gimmick. The effectiveness varies wildly with some results being genuinely impressive and others being truly awful.

Having owned a P6P since release day I can say the amount of bugs Google keep introducing is what makes this phone stand out. Everything else the phone does is mediocre at best.

Skip and wait for S22

Ok, they asked for stand out features. You didn't offer a counter. So on this phone that's my opinion of what is offered.

And some regions don't have access to many phones with unlockable bootloaders.