• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Standard oxygen OS or magisk and lineage ROM?

Search This thread
I used lineage for awhile and can say that battery life will be better, device will perform well, and background apps are more reliable, but I just prefer other ROMs over lineage, it's too basic in terms of customization and OOS is better in some ways. You'll give up the OnePlus camera app and it's optimizations and post-processing. If you're okay using gcam instead of OnePlus cam, then lineage is ok, but I'd recommend crDroid over it most definitely. Its equally stable but felt snappier and more complete feature set in my use. Plus the maintainer updates frequently and does a good job.

Yeah? Alright ... Thank you for your response I appreciate that, so you definitely reccommend using a custom ROM oppose to oxygen? And what is best for one plus 9 pro , CR? And do I use TWRP recovery ?! Thank you appreciate it .
crDroid is the best I've used in terms of reliability, though I've been hearing EvolutionX is just as stable and on similar update schedule, and has even better customization, but I can't give full recommendation as I've only used on an older phone. But definitely had better experience with custom ROMs than OOS, so if you can unlock the bootloader, I'd go for it. You'll want TWRP recovery, but don't technically need it. You'll also want to have the newest OOS installed to avoid vendor driver issues (I haven't heard of a real problem except for T-Mobile model needing the vendor modem reflashed every time you update a custom ROM, better safe than sorry though)

Best way to flash would be to download TWRP (found in the development tab here on XDA) and get phone booted into bootloader. Then run
fastboot boot /location/of/twrp.img
Factory reset inside twrp
Then enter adb sideload mode and run
adb sideload /location/of/rom.zip
It WILL get stuck at 47% but will complete successfully if you wait 2-3 min. once finished, I'd repeat the exact same process once more as that will write your other boot slot to assure they're the same and prevent issues (lineage has a script for it, but doing the install process twice works just fine for me). From there, if you want TWRP installed permanently, in the advanced tab, you'll find "install current TWRP" and do that, reboot back into recovery to flash the magisk.apk as a zip file, and it will modify the boot to be running magisk.
You will find other ways of installing if you look at guides and such but what I've outlined works for every ROM and TWRP version I've used on my OP9p. You might see to flash the zip directly in TWRP instead of adb sideload, but some ROMs don't install that way, while adb sideload pretty much always works

Edited: forgot to add info that it's best to flash both A/B slots, added steps

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021
Camrose,Alberta
crDroid is the best I've used in terms of reliability, though I've been hearing EvolutionX is just as stable and on similar update schedule, and has even better customization, but I can't give full recommendation as I've only used on an older phone. But definitely had better experience with custom ROMs than OOS, so if you can unlock the bootloader, I'd go for it. You'll want TWRP recovery, but don't technically need it. You'll also want to have the newest OOS installed to avoid vendor driver issues (I haven't heard of a real problem except for T-Mobile model needing the vendor modem reflashed every time you update a custom ROM, better safe than sorry though)

Best way to flash would be to download TWRP (found in the development tab here on XDA) and get phone booted into bootloader. Then run
It WILL get stuck at 47% but will complete successfully if you wait 2-3 min. once finished, I'd repeat the exact same process once more as that will write your other boot slot to assure they're the same and prevent issues (lineage has a script for it, but doing the install process twice works just fine for me). From there, if you want TWRP installed permanently, in the advanced tab, you'll find "install current TWRP" and do that, reboot back into recovery to flash the magisk.apk as a zip file, and it will modify the boot to be running magisk.
You will find other ways of installing if you look at guides and such but what I've outlined works for every ROM and TWRP version I've used on my OP9p. You might see to flash the zip directly in TWRP instead of adb sideload, but some ROMs don't install that way, while adb sideload pretty much always works

Sep 26, 2021
Camrose,Alberta
Thank you kindly I still can't get it. I tried doing cr android but it said I cant downgrade not allowed and twrp won't work, then when sideload cr android and it boots but my screen touch doesn't work and really liked the ROM would appreciate someone help

YehoshuaLee

Dec 20, 2017
I return to OOS from Lineage OS last month, after using Lineage for a long time. Just because camera on Lineage just can't fit my needs. I tried Google Camera, but there are some bugs and still OOS camera is the best.

Thank you kindly I still can't get it. I tried doing cr android but it said I cant downgrade not allowed and twrp won't work, then when sideload cr android and it boots but my screen touch doesn't work and really liked the ROM would appreciate someone help
Haven't seen a no touch issue before. Well I'd try another factory reset inside TWRP and flash again, I believe 9 and 9 pro are unified for cr but also make sure you got the right zip. If that doesn't work, OOS 11.2.7 is the newest full zip file you can download from OnePlus, maybe try flashing that, and try installing crDroid without updating to 11.2.8 or 11.2.9. If that doesn't work, might be at a loss.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah? Alright ... Thank you for your response I appreciate that, so you definitely reccommend using a custom ROM oppose to oxygen? And what is best for one plus 9 pro , CR? And do I use TWRP recovery ?! Thank you appreciate it .