Question Standard vs Light performance profile

Search This thread

z170i

Jun 6, 2016
I haven't seen anyone do a comparison between the two, but what are your experiences so far with this setting?

I am now on light, but it is quite hard to tell since i am not using the phine the dame way. It feels that the battery goes down slower, but I am at the point where i am not sure if it is really so or I just eant it to be. I dont feel the phone performance drop, but I have not done any heavy duty tasks on light

erik2041999

Mar 12, 2011
Rostock
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I've done benches comparing the two, the standard gives me a lower single core score and a higher multi core score. But when I switched to the light mode, the single core score went up and the multi core score went down. I've seen someone apparently got some insane high scores with the S23 ultra, as in 1600 single core score and 5400 on the multi, but there wasn't really any kind of revelation how they got it.

Nghtmare

I've done benches comparing the two, the standard gives me a lower single core score and a higher multi core score. But when I switched to the light mode, the single core score went up and the multi core score went down. I've seen someone apparently got some insane high scores with the S23 ultra, as in 1600 single core score and 5400 on the multi, but there wasn't really any kind of revelation how they got it.
I get 1594 on single and 5127 on multi, thats on standard profile.

Nghtmare

@erik2041999 look. I just ran the test, didnt do anything to the phone besides installing all my apps and removing stuff I dont need.
Screenshot_20230209_151732_Geekbench 5.jpg

Reactions: xwonic and WesTokyo

erik2041999

Mar 12, 2011
Rostock
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
This was my latest pass, just few moments ago, with active cooling... Yes it's above the 1.5k and 5k but only now, with additional cooling, and it's not even that much higher. While you're nearing 1.6k and 5.2. I've got a ****ing dud... Cause if no one else has to do anything special and can get those scores consistently and higher, then clearly my phone is a ****ing potatoe...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230209_165528_Geekbench 5.jpg
    Screenshot_20230209_165528_Geekbench 5.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 167

Nghtmare

Just ran another one. Don't know what to tell you :/ I know there is like a hidden code that you could input and generate a system dump and find the CPU bin score but I can't remember it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230209_160312_Geekbench 5.jpg
    Screenshot_20230209_160312_Geekbench 5.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

erik2041999

Mar 12, 2011
Rostock
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
My man, do you think there's any chance you could find it out for me? I'm really curious but I haven't found anything online for newer samsung phones without having root.
Just ran another one. Don't know what to tell you :/ I know there is like a hidden code that you could get to get a system dumb and find the CPU bin score but I can't remember it

Castle0617

Feb 8, 2023
This was my latest pass, just few moments ago, with active cooling... Yes it's above the 1.5k and 5k but only now, with additional cooling, and it's not even that much higher. While you're nearing 1.6k and 5.2. I've got a ****ing dud... Cause if no one else has to do anything special and can get those scores consistently and higher, then clearly my phone is a ****ing potatoe...

Dont be angry this benchmark was a fckn trash with totally random scores.... I got 1200 sometimes at single core... And running again the test right after, with much hotter cpu i get 1400+ score... Next 1300...Next 1500... Its a total random trash.

EtherealRemnant

Dont be angry this benchmark was a fckn trash with totally random scores.... I got 1200 sometimes at single core... And running again the test right after, with much hotter cpu i get 1400+ score... Next 1300...Next 1500... Its a total random trash.
Yep. With these kinds of benches you have to do 5-10 of them and average the results to find the real number.

Top Liked Posts