Standby drain

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the OnePlus 3's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

bhat_vikas

Feb 9, 2014
Banglore
I'm having the Android System drain. Phone is continuously awake. I just cannot figure out what's causing it. Tried everything from factory reset to discharging the battery completely. The CPU just doesn't sleep.

Any suggestion?
Keep your phone in flight mode and leave it our night. Drain could be caused by continues search for near by reception. Report back here!

girishb

Feb 6, 2012
Mumbai
Keep your phone in flight mode and leave it our night. Drain could be caused by continues search for near by reception. Report back here!
I think I may have isolated the problem. I have turned off On body detection and I'm not observing the as much drain now. But it's been only 20 mins so I need to test it out extensively.

I'll report back with observations.

EDIT: Nope, it's still there. Even in airplane mode, Android System is continuously working the CPU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pratik121

Tiz92

Feb 10, 2014
Bolzano/Bozen
I'm having the Android System drain. Phone is continuously awake. I just cannot figure out what's causing it. Tried everything from factory reset to discharging the battery completely. The CPU just doesn't sleep.

Any suggestion?
Change the rom. Use wakelockdetector to find why its awake.

martan1981

Mar 6, 2006
Bratislava

Any suggestion?
You are probably affected by this bug. A loooooooot of users are and google is not even working on it.
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=207700

The only way to fix is turn off backup of google account.

girishb

Feb 6, 2012
Mumbai
You are probably affected by this bug. A loooooooot of users are and google is not even working on it.
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=207700

The only way to fix is turn off backup of google account.
It's already off. I have never used Google Backup on any of my phones. The only things that are being synced are my contacts and email. I'm completely stumped here. I'm assuming there's something wrong with the handset now and I've requested a replacement.

Edit: Also, I get ghost notifications. I hear the sound but when I check the phone, there are no notifications, the phone has heated up and battery has dropped further by 3%. This has happened twice today now.

Last edited: