Standby drain

Search This thread

Wartickler

Nov 4, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
I left my charger at work last night and was down to 8% when I set airplane mode and went to bed. Luckily my wife was up with the baby and woke me up on time this morning because my $1000 phone was dead.

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
I think I'm not having an excellent standby time but probably this is because of the active display. Standby time is ok anyway so nothing really bad. But I do lose some % at night. Probably some apps draining.

8.1 DP here.

Sent from my Pixel 2

junkimchi

Oct 15, 2012
San Diego
Dropping by to say that I have the exact same experience, here are my findings:

- Google Play Services in System is the source of the drain
- If I reboot my phone the drain stops
- If I'm not on wifi the drain does not occur
- The drain restarts when I'm on wifi and connect my phone to the charger

Let me know if anyone else can confirm these happenings

WibblyW

May 24, 2011
Standby battery drain will also be materially affected by the strength of the mobile signal when the phone happens to be. In weak signal areas you'd be surprised how much extra power the phone may use trying to 'keep in touch' with the cell towers. This is so the network knows where the phone is in case it needs to deliver a call or sms. Not sure where this drain is actually reliably revealed in the UI.

synleon

Apr 17, 2010
Turn off "Always on" in Ambient display and battery stayed 100% for 5 hours after unplugging charger.
Pretty happy with this performance, especially compared to my old 6P.

stackz07

Dec 26, 2012
Standby battery drain will also be materially affected by the strength of the mobile signal when the phone happens to be. In weak signal areas you'd be surprised how much extra power the phone may use trying to 'keep in touch' with the cell towers. This is so the network knows where the phone is in case it needs to deliver a call or sms. Not sure where this drain is actually reliably revealed in the UI.

This is true, except the fact that I got a RMA device which gets HALF of the battery my original device got. My lifestyle has not changed, I still work mornings in my condo, then walk to my business in the afternoon. The use has been the same as the previous device but battery runway has been cut in half? WTF.

stackz07

Dec 26, 2012
It's Wifi for me. Betterbatterystats shows "Wifi On" and "Wifi Running" at 100% everytime I check summary stats. Anyone have any ideas on this? I already did a network settings reset and am still getting it. I did not get this on my first pixel 2 before RMA'ing it.

Stretlow

Jun 3, 2010
It's Wifi for me. Betterbatterystats shows "Wifi On" and "Wifi Running" at 100% everytime I check summary stats. Anyone have any ideas on this? I already did a network settings reset and am still getting it. I did not get this on my first pixel 2 before RMA'ing it.

In settings, search for WiFi scanning

Turn that and Bluetooth scanning off and it will go away

jithuelad

Jun 18, 2012
Kerala
WhatsApp, Telegram, No Facebook. Connected to Wifi. Sync ON. Lost 10% over night (approx in 7hrs). This is from the first night of my phone. Let see will it become disaster or improve over time.

KeLsTaR

Oct 24, 2010
I've installed AccuBatttery, and as of my stats I see that phone is i deep sleep for 52% of entire stanby mode, and average consumption in standby is 2.5% per hour
is it good stats, or should I think what is the problem?

AlwaysOn is off (only notifications)

Last edited:

Stretlow

Jun 3, 2010
Losing 2% per hour in the daytime now... have used Greenify to close all the apps, put GPS on device only turned off Bluetooth and WiFi scanning... still haemorrhaging battery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Went to be with 93% woke up 7 hours later with 93%.
    When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Google Pixel 2's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Oops, quoted wrong post originally. Sorry.

Who only has 1 charger?? Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'm getting about 7% drain overnight with battery saver on, flight mode on, location off
    For another data point, last night, my standby battery drain was 6% (100% start) over 12 hours. I'm not sure how that compares with other phones...definitely better than the 3-year old HTC One M8 it replaced. Still...always interested in better battery life and performance, so I'm all ears for tips and tricks. Also, if it matters, our house seems to be just out of good cell phone range. We are only getting 2 bars on Verizon. Per above, even on standby, that might contribute...although I also have my phone on Wi-Fi.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone