Standby drain

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

adi8129

Apr 6, 2018
Minor battery drain in note 5 pro

I have noticed 5-6% battery drop in idle 8-9 hours which i feel is on much higher side from nougat viewpoint.
I had lineage OS 7.1.2 in redmi note 3 previously and battery drain was only upto 1-2% overnight.

AxelBlaz3

Jan 9, 2013
Hyderabad
Well, even I've experienced a 5% of battery drain overnight. May be it's the issue with the stock kernel. Guess it'll be fixed soon by Xiaomi else a custom kernel will do the job.

utkarshsingh26

Apr 15, 2018
Im using redmi nite 5 pro 6 gb variant. Im a moderate user and I face a heavy standby drain. It drains 5% while I use it just for watching videos in 15-20 minutes. Kindly reply if you face the same problem

Himan99

Aug 29, 2017
rooting phone and coustom recovery affect the battery life of xiaome redmi note 5 pro

tsaroz

May 28, 2013
I had 8% battery drain on wifi on idle for 6 hours. I would call it a fair.
I charge my phone once a day in the evening when in decreases to 20%, not exceeding above 80% takes me about 1 hour.

letschky

I use the latest Xiaomi EU Beta Rom from Rombuilder Page and i lost 3% overnight 95 -92% in 9,5 Hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-27-06-11-29-769_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-27-06-11-29-769_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,620

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London
Mines draining quite a bit. I'm on the s636 Note 5 Global. Not sure if it's WhatsApp or Google etc causing it. I'm tempted to do a hard reset and see. I'm on MIUI 9.5.6.0 are there any guides on how to optimize the ROM? With light use I'm getting 1 day+ down to 40% but was expecting it to be better as I can see others have done so too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    I used Greenify Pro with root. But that made the problem only worse. The trick which worked for me is this.. install an app called MIUI hidden settings on play store and open the Battery optimization screen. enable battery optimization to every app you could see (except the most important ones). now the battery drain has become almost negligible..

I'm on MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.7.17 at the moment.
    Remove Panda and use stock kernel. No problems
    I am on redmi Note 5 Pro 6 GB variant

Night time battery drain is as you mentioned shamefull
    5-10%
    And even with Battery Scene as sleeping the drain is not limited much (~5-7%)
    Can anybody tell me how to check if the battery is degraded or not or if it is giving proper backup or not
    There is an application on play store called "AccuBattery" install it and then use your phone normally(charge it aswell) for 1 day with the application installed, then in the "Health" section it will show you the battery degradation percentage and approx maH remaining