• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Standby drain

Search This thread

zgrzytus

Jan 12, 2013
Meh.. i have a problem with my battery in RN5 4/64... When i drain it to 0% and charge for about 1-2min it shows that battery is 40% loaded (around 190mah on usb measure, full load 1800mah). What to do? Disconnect battery and connect it again? Wipe/Reinstall? or only battery calibration?
(Miui 9.5.19.0 stable - i want to upgrade to miui11 but im afraid of loosing data (rooted) ^_^)

Reactions: AkshitGupta

Praise8

Mar 27, 2020
I use a redmi note 5. On standby,the battery recently started draining as much as 20% gone in 9 hours! I slept with 72% and woke up with 52%.

Nesquirt

Apr 15, 2020
Rome
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

i have whyred with android 10 exUI unofficial and rad kernel and i have 1/2 % of night drain

etneo86

Mar 8, 2018
Hi, yesterday I installed Havoc OS with the Panda v5.1 Kernel, but I have a problem with the battery consumption.
Last night at 11 pm I put the phone down with the battery at 80%, this morning I find it at 24%, without having used it.

What can it be caused by? I really like ROM, and I wouldn't want to change it.
Thanks to those who will help me!

xtarotcards

Sep 5, 2020
Chennai
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

In some Kernels I have idle drain but in some drain is 0% at night like Dxrkness kernel, etc. Battery backup is also based on your usage and Background apps staying active.

AkshitGupta

Sep 24, 2021

I have 4gb variant with lineage 18 installed and mine drains to about 5% overnight

AkshitGupta

Sep 24, 2021
Can anybody tell me how to check if the battery is degraded or not or if it is giving proper backup or not
There is an application on play store called "AccuBattery" install it and then use your phone normally(charge it aswell) for 1 day with the application installed, then in the "Health" section it will show you the battery degradation percentage and approx maH remaining

Reactions: polya95

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I used Greenify Pro with root. But that made the problem only worse. The trick which worked for me is this.. install an app called MIUI hidden settings on play store and open the Battery optimization screen. enable battery optimization to every app you could see (except the most important ones). now the battery drain has become almost negligible..

I'm on MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.7.17 at the moment.
    Remove Panda and use stock kernel. No problems
    I am on redmi Note 5 Pro 6 GB variant

Night time battery drain is as you mentioned shamefull
    5-10%
    And even with Battery Scene as sleeping the drain is not limited much (~5-7%)
    Can anybody tell me how to check if the battery is degraded or not or if it is giving proper backup or not
    There is an application on play store called "AccuBattery" install it and then use your phone normally(charge it aswell) for 1 day with the application installed, then in the "Health" section it will show you the battery degradation percentage and approx maH remaining