Standby drain

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Huawei P20 Pro's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

teochann

Apr 7, 2018
Had my p20 pro yesterday. Turn on Ultra Battery when i go to bed at about 2300 with 69% battery. Wake up this morning at 0700 with 42% battery.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

secXces_debaki

Jul 1, 2012
Ludwigshafen am Rhein
See attached Screenshot.

Nothing changed like doze settings or smth.
Sleeping like a baby (25 min Sot) wifi and lte.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180407-065630.jpg
    Screenshot_20180407-065630.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 3,679

daz_2000

May 26, 2011
London
Got phone yesterday. It had been charging sontooknit off charge when I went to sleep. 7 hours later it had only dropped 4% 96%.

tCC

Jan 8, 2005
2% batt drop in 9h21m with everything enabled overnight, very happy with that.
I even go to sleep with 30% juice left without plugging it into the charger now :)

jssagu

Mar 18, 2015
I am amazed at the battery drain, hardly drains at all. I haven't not charged overnight like I did with my previous Pixel 2 XL. Battery drainer faster with P2XL.

cologne83

Nov 3, 2011
Cologne
Plugged off charger at 0030 last night, now at 0830 had about 85%. Use AOD and no battery saving mode.
This is <2% per hour! Luv it!:cool:

Nimay_7

May 11, 2018
Had my p20 pro yesterday. Turn on Ultra Battery when i go to bed at about 2300 with 69% battery. Wake up this morning at 0700 with 42% battery.

Brother even i have a same problem...

Every night before sleeping my phone is usually at 47-48%. Every morning it is at 15% or less..

Thats massive drop in 7-8 hours.

Federicadr

Oct 21, 2013
plus.google.com
It could be the network signal. I've noticed that in my flat, when in standby, he doesn't drain that much and I'm on wifi and full signal coverage from Vodafone. On the other hand I have worse drain when I'm at work, still connected to the wifi but the network coverage is quite poor, so I realized it drains more even if I am not using it at all.
Brother even i have a same problem...

Every night before sleeping my phone is usually at 47-48%. Every morning it is at 15% or less..

Thats massive drop in 7-8 hours.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Nimay_7

May 11, 2018
It could be the network signal. I've noticed that in my flat, when in standby, he doesn't drain that much and I'm on wifi and full signal coverage from Vodafone. On the other hand I have worse drain when I'm at work, still connected to the wifi but the network coverage is quite poor, so I realized it drains more even if I am not using it at all.

Well you point is valid.

Here at my place i get full bars on my 4g network. So it doesn't seem that problem.

I tried to test just on network. Wifi off. Battery drained 3% over night. Which is fine.

Then i tried with wifi on, it drained 20%. What i am concerned is that usually when on wifi battery doesn't drain at all in standby mode, which is not the case with my unit.

I want to know if there is some problem with that

ahron90

May 14, 2018
Me too. I am experiencing 11% battery drain during standby. When I looked into the battery usage, Screen, Phone Idle and Mobile standby seems to be on the high side of 20%.

reppi

Jul 21, 2008
What I've just discovered is that in mobile Network Setting -> advanced -> "mobile data always on" was activated by default. Just turned it off and will now see if it reduces both idle and active usage drain when connected with WIFI. Because afaik this setting keeps mobile data enabled when connected with wifi to make switching between wifi and mobile data quicker (which i dont really need and never missed).

ahron90

May 14, 2018
What I've just discovered is that in mobile Network Setting -> advanced -> "mobile data always on" was activated by default. Just turned it off and will now see if it reduces both idle and active usage drain when connected with WIFI. Because afaik this setting keeps mobile data enabled when connected with wifi to make switching between wifi and mobile data quicker (which i dont really need and never missed).

Ok, I'll try this setting to see if it works for me. Thank you.:good:

spindowski

Apr 28, 2012
I tried this last night and went from the usual 3% to just 1% during a 7 hr period.

curlymanoliver

Jun 22, 2010
I have p20 pro now, very happy with how little i drain overnight, but with a previous phone i noticed that when it was cold it frained much quicker, i dont know where the guys are who are omlainging about large battery drain, but it could be an issue?

ahron90

May 14, 2018
I have set Mobile Data always on to Off but still experiencing great battery drain. Fully charged at 12am and woke up 5.30am with 70% remaining.

A quick look into my Battery Usage, found out that Screen, Phone Idle and Mobile standby is at 20ish%. Does anyone have this same issue or these 3 hardware should stay at a certain range in order for my battery drain to minimise?

eoga

Dec 14, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I have set Mobile Data always on to Off but still experiencing great battery drain. Fully charged at 12am and woke up 5.30am with 70% remaining.

A quick look into my Battery Usage, found out that Screen, Phone Idle and Mobile standby is at 20ish%. Does anyone have this same issue or these 3 hardware should stay at a certain range in order for my battery drain to minimise?

I think you definitely has something running in the background draining your battery. I have everything active even Mobile Data always on and still my battery only uses around 2% in 9-10 hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180517-091255.jpg
    Screenshot_20180517-091255.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 852

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Plugged off charger at 0030 last night, now at 0830 had about 85%. Use AOD and no battery saving mode.
    This is <2% per hour! Luv it!:cool:
    Only 5% last night here

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CLT-L29 met Tapatalk
    Doesn't your screenshot state that you're nearing Day 3 of usage? That doesn't look too bad. What is your screen on time?
    Safe mode: press Volume down repeatedly after powering up until you see the message "safe mode" appearing in the bottom left corner.
    Maybe you have better luck and can find the cause on your phone. Maybe this helps everybody else with the same problem =)
    Hi all,
    I don't have a problem with draining the battery, especially when not using the phone.
    But some guys form Poland have.
    And it seems that it is because of preinstalled apps:
    facebook app installer
    facebook app manager
    facebook services
    one guy uninstall them using ADB and everything is ok, the problem has gone.
    Maybe it's enough to deactivate them, but I don't know because I did not have them in the system.
    Screenshot_20180711-164937.jpg.b856a6261429525ffd7bb38acfdf17e5.jpg
    Yes, I added above. You were faster :)
    I have good wifi coverage in home and good LTE coverage (site near house).