Standby drain

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
It was with MIUI . I have battery on 65% and after 5-6 days of stand-by I returned to it and it has been turned off with 0% in battery. It is terrible. MIUI is not optimised at all in the subject of battery . It is not very big supprise . I have had the same with galaxy tab 4 on stock. Once it consumed all battery during 2 days of stand-by.
If you want to buy this tablet and use it without bootloader unlocking with MIUI , please select other device.
I installed aicp and made my own optimalisations. I can see the result in WLD and on system battery graph. It will live month or month and half on stand-by now. It has a sense.
I voted 1 star , of cource this is MIUI raiting .

Last edited:

Incogn

Dec 8, 2016
It was with MIUI . I have battery on 65% and after 5-6 days of stand-by I returned to it and it has been turned off with 0% in battery. It is terrible. MIUI is not optimised at all in the subject of battery . It is not very big supprise . I have had the same with galaxy tab 4 on stock. Once it consumed all battery during 2 days of stand-by.
If you want to buy this tablet and use it without bootloader unlocking with MIUI , please select other device.
I installed aicp and made my own optimalisations. I can see the result in WLD and on system battery graph. It will live month or month and half on stand-by now. It has a sense.
I dont have such problem and stock MIUI works perfect for me. No idle drains, bugs, or other problems. Battery life is very good, and all custom roms have some kind of bug, so no, i wouldnt recommend custom rom over stock rom. Also, some sellers preinstall custom miui roms before selling so you have play store preinstalled. So first make sure you have official miui rom and not custom vendor modified miui.

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
I am sure . Orginally packed by Xiaomi.
Edit.
Today I have the second pad 4 but this time not miui 9 but miui 10 stable and battery works noticable batter :)

Last edited:

kinggo2

Dec 2, 2018
Nothing to complain about on stock miui 10. It's not that I actually tested it but I have a feeling that it would last at least week on standby.

Incogn

Dec 8, 2016
I was travelling and didnt touch tablet for 4 days. It only lost 8% of battery during that time, which i think is awesome.

leplop34

Aug 27, 2015
Sorry, what is AICP you mention here ?

PinGuLuchs

Apr 25, 2019
How it is with auto-off-timer? I'm use it on my Redmi Note 4 and it's great. So i can use my phone over 4 to 5 days with nearly 30% screen-on time.
Between 0:00 and 7:30 my Phone goes automaticly in deep sleep. After 2 years i'm absolutely happy with this solution.

leplop34

Aug 27, 2015
How it is with auto-off-timer? I'm use it on my Redmi Note 4 and it's great. So i can use my phone over 4 to 5 days with nearly 30% screen-on time.
Between 0:00 and 7:30 my Phone goes automaticly in deep sleep. After 2 years i'm absolutely happy with this solution.
I'm on MIUI 10.4 and can't find this option...

sliddjur

Apr 9, 2011
I think it's the Bluetooth that's draining... At least on mine. After I disable I can have it off for days and days and only drain a few percent .

leplop34

Aug 27, 2015
I think it's the Bluetooth that's draining... At least on mine. After I disable I can have it off for days and days and only drain a few percent .
I tried playing around with the Bluetooth but it doesn't help. It was never on by default so I tried with it activated and deactivated over a long time but I can't see any change.
My tablet version is the 3/32Gb WiFi only. What about yours ? It seems that LTE version has different behaviour.

IAP001

Jan 4, 2013
Just got a Mi Pad 4 and I'm having the same problem, fast battery drain even on standby. I'm on stock MIUI 10.3.2. Any tips/workaround to address this issue? TIA!

okkahfai93

Dec 28, 2020
Has been using stock rom for a few years without updating playstore and any installed apps and the battery life was great like still more than 50% after a week idling with a full charge. Playing around with the settings recently and turn on auto update on playstore and uninstalled some apps. Battery drain was almost always at 0%(turn off automatically) daily with a full charge and idling for the past few days. I totally regretted what ive done zzz