• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Star B94M - First Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Phone - Dual Sim Dual-Core MTK6577 - ROOTED

Search This thread

montxor

Feb 15, 2013
Hi gallora, I had the same problem with the microphone. I will try to explain:
1. download "mobileuncle tools"
2. acces to "engineer mode", "hardware testing", "Audio", "normal mode".
3. In a "type" line, select "Mic"
4. Now, change all values in "level 0", "level 1", "level 2", etc.. You must put this:
Level 0 a 255
Level 1 a 235
Level 2 a 215
Level 3 a 205
Level 4 a 195
Level 5 a 185
Level 6 - 175
After change the value of each, press back and accept changes. Back key to exit the program.

5. acces to "engineer mode", "hardware testing", "Audio", "speechEnhacement"
6. change value to 30000 or more. Normally has a zero value. This parameter will rise the microphone sensibility.

Respect to the camera, I think that is a software problem not hardware problem. We will wait that some expert try a fix update or better ROM.

Grettings.

Hello Calculin100,

I have the same problem with my micro and I changed the values like you told. (Now i must test if it works for me)
I would like to knowone thing. Why do you put the values of different levels decreasing??
I understand that the speakers must be opposite like that. Higher level --> higher value.

Hola calculin,
Tengo el mismo problema con el micro y he cambiado los valores como pusiste. Todavía no he hecho la prueba si se ha mejorado algo. Ya te diré. Pero me gustaría saber la lógica de los valores decrecientes que pones segun los niveles van ascendiendo.
Entiendo, por ejemplo que en el altavoz es al reves. A mayor nivel, mayor volumen.

Gracias y saludos,

ben_from_paris

Dec 29, 2012
Not found any silicone case. A friend of mine who has got this phone has commanded a leather one which should suit. I will tell you if it's good.

Sometimes, after a few days being switched on and not rebooted, my ringtone sounds very "strange" (low and distorded) when someone calls me. After a reboot, the phenomenon is finished and the ringtone is ok => do you have the same issue ?

chobie

Mar 16, 2010
Re: Star B94M - First Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Phone (Out Of The Box) - Dual Sim

Im having issues with the battery. I charge it overnight and after unplugging it, a few minutes later the battery would show just 1% and eventually drain to zero. Restarting didn't fix it. It was really zero.

I checked that it was a 100% before unplugging it by the way.

Feb 3, 2013
Im having issues with the battery. I charge it overnight and after unplugging it, a few minutes later the battery would show just 1% and eventually drain to zero. Restarting didn't fix it. It was really zero.

I checked that it was a 100% before unplugging it by the way.

I don't know if this would work, but try it - keep the phone plugged in, then run one of those battery calibration apps on the store (they usually need your phone at 100% battery to work). After calibration is done, unplug and carry one using the phone.

montxor

Feb 15, 2013
Not found any silicone case. A friend of mine who has got this phone has commanded a leather one which should suit. I will tell you if it's good.

Sometimes, after a few days being switched on and not rebooted, my ringtone sounds very "strange" (low and distorded) when someone calls me. After a reboot, the phenomenon is finished and the ringtone is ok => do you have the same issue ?

No I haven't got this issue.

gallora

Jan 25, 2013

Hi, I have not this problem.......

calculin100

Mar 30, 2009
Re: Star B94M - First Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Phone (Out Of The Box) - Dual Sim

Hello guys

I can'f find A-GPS

Someone can help me?

Thanks

where do you try?
In engineer mode it is very easy find it.
Only you must use the "mobileuncle tools" aplication to access.
engineer mode, location, location based service: enable A-GPS.
Return to start and accept all.

Enviado desde mi B94M usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: juanlacueva

Kristaps-K9-Lv

Jan 27, 2009
I live in a house :D
Hey people!!
Well My Touch HDs lower part of the Digitizer failed to register touches, so I got myself this phone - Star B94M!
Few complaints:
the power and volume buttons are a bit loose = rattling noise from them.
and the biggest problem - the screen is out of alignment - very problematic when typing.. When you press something, the phone registers it a bit lower and a bit to the right. <-- Any fix for this???
and I cant seem to find any screen protectors for it? - can anyone provide any links or something? (at the moment it has my own cut screen protector, but it aint pretty...)
Need ROOT!!!!!!!!

other than that - quite nice phone

montxor

Feb 15, 2013
Connecting to PC

Hello,

What software or drivers do you use to conect the phone to PC?
My Pc doesn´t recognize it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2013
Hey people!!
Well My Touch HDs lower part of the Digitizer failed to register touches, so I got myself this phone - Star B94M!
Few complaints:
the power and volume buttons are a bit loose = rattling noise from them.
and the biggest problem - the screen is out of alignment - very problematic when typing.. When you press something, the phone registers it a bit lower and a bit to the right. <-- Any fix for this???
and I cant seem to find any screen protectors for it? - can anyone provide any links or something? (at the moment it has my own cut screen protector, but it aint pretty...)
Need ROOT!!!!!!!!

other than that - quite nice phone

I have the same problem with the screen, the calibration seems totally off. i dont know of a fix..

asttr0

Jul 19, 2008
I have the same problem with the screen, the calibration seems totally off. i dont know of a fix..

I solved this problem by installing ICS keyboard from the market. I guess the problem has something to do with the keyboard, and not with screen calibration.

By the way, there's another big problem for me. I installed a few apps(very few!) and it says it has ran out of space!! I can't install most of the apps I want to...I already moved apps to the SD, but I still have that problem... anyone??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow, seems great. If I ever achieve root I'll try that...

Don't know what the problem is, I ve tryed on 3 differente computers and in the end I always get the same error when finishing the recovery download to the phone... googled this 8038 error and found no solution :s

Kimtatt, since you are online, could you upload your recovery and scatter file so we could try with that. We were waiting Kristaps but he isn't on...

It really worked! Thank you again Kimtatt! Wish I knew what I did wrong...

About the 2g partition, for the newman n1 there was a flashable zip via recovery to do that, think that should work?

Like this: http://www.droidwebspace.com/index.php/roms/75-repartition

as I already mentioned earlier, full 2.5G for internal storage isn't a good idea, because the stock camera apps required external sd (/storage/sdcard1), otherwise it won't capture any photo.

okay, finally, i got... after

1. installed TWRP recovery,
    2. boot into TWRP recovery, make sure make a FULL BACKUP OF YOUR PHONE and save it to your external sd, keep it SAFE!
    3. boot into the Android os, and install hkphone-rom-edit
    4. run the HKPHONE-ROM-EDIT program, grant root access, and pick your size. *notes, as i mentioned, camera need external sd, therefore, currently min size for sd is 55mb. <if anyone able to run camera with full 2.5gb with no sd, please let me know...>, then boot into recovery via the menu.
    5. in TWRP recovery, restore FULL system. *notes, try NOT to share the backup! if i'm NOT mistaken nvram content phone IMEIs information.
    6. after restore, don't press the reboot in the restore reboot, but reboot at main menu and boot into recovery again. *TWRP need to restart inorder to get the lastest partition.
    7. back to TRWP recovery, goto wipe, internal storage, then factory-reset, then reboot. and ENJOY.
    ---if you remove the external sd, u'll getting errors on sdcard not found inside TRWP recovery. ---

**bonus, swap sdcard0 (internal phone) to sdcard1 (external) vice verse for more phone storage. read http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=32229946

*** NOTE, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

*** After increased the internal phone storage, everything become buffer-smooth (Apps loading..etc), it's better than Samsung SII(G) I9100G OMAP4 Cyanogenmod *** LOVING IT ***
    First impressions

Hi everybody, would like to share some feedback to this device, might help some of you who consider buying the phone.

First of alls, this is my first post to the forum, so keep that in mind and please be patient if something is not 100% according to the forum rules :)

Just got mine today. Bought it on android-sale.com, took "only" about 2 weeks to get to Czech Republic (was prepared to wait longer). Pleasant surprise was that I did not have to pay any tax (which I think I should according to law). Reason was, apparently, that the box was marked as "cable and case" with $15 value. Hm... :)

First impression was very good, phone looks really nice, design is simplistic, nothing stands out. Won't amaze your friends, but on the other hand, should not offend your "taste" of good design.
    After second glance you will notice the body is made out of plastic and therefore little squeaks it makes if you tighten the grip. But nothing awfull, you should not even notice it when you are normally using the phone (and not trying the body intentionally).

The display is niciely clear, do not expect superb resolution, on the other hand, did not notice any visible raster. System itself is fluent, responsive.
    I was pleasantly surprised that all the chinese apps could be normally uninstalled out of the system, so now I practically got clear Android 4.1.2, hurray! Only one small chinese app could not be uninstalled so I disabled it.

Oh and maybe I am stupid but I did not know it was dual-sim before I got it, don't need it, but might be handy for someone.
    Just ran Antutu and got 6800, decent number I think.

In general, was a bit afraid of my first chinese experience, but so far I have very positive feelings from this piece. Would need to try out GPS and other stuff though before jumping into conclusions.
    well after few hours of trying this and that with kimtatt. We found this: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?mmm1xxb7vowi86v and in short: it works!! I got a fully rooted Star B94M.
    just read the pdf file and follow the instructions :)
    Wow, seems great. If I ever achieve root I'll try that...

Don't know what the problem is, I ve tryed on 3 differente computers and in the end I always get the same error when finishing the recovery download to the phone... googled this 8038 error and found no solution :s

Kimtatt, since you are online, could you upload your recovery and scatter file so we could try with that. We were waiting Kristaps but he isn't on...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67844435/TWRP_recovery.img

Remember to rename the file to recovery.img.