• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Star Wars Theme from the Galaxy Note 10+ Star Wars Special Edition

Search This thread

BACK2BEAN

Jun 19, 2012
Orlando
Try it man. It is still working for me

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Try it man. It is still working for me

ssamboy

Sep 15, 2008
I installed the firmware on my N975U1, and I took the update a couple of days ago. Now, I am having a few issues that may be related to the One UI upgrade. Issues are:

- I get a corrupted image error when I do a smart select and send, but I am able to download image and send no problem.
-APN settings are grayed out no matter where I click.

-Goodlock- pretty sure the update broke this.

Just want to make sure that I am not the only one with these issues.

mrpickem

Aug 22, 2010
Jacksonville, Fl
I installed the firmware on my N975U1, and I took the update a couple of days ago. Now, I am having a few issues that may be related to the One UI upgrade. Issues are:

- I get a corrupted image error when I do a smart select and send, but I am able to download image and send no problem.
-APN settings are grayed out no matter where I click.

-Goodlock- pretty sure the update broke this.

Just want to make sure that I am not the only one with these issues.

This thread is about the Star Wars theme. I'm sure your issues would be addressed better in the appropriate thread.

I had the theme working fine on 9 and when I updated to 10 it transferred and was still working fine. However I changed back to default theme to test dark mode and was unable to switch back to SW theme. I really loved that theme and it will be awesome once some of the smarter folks around here figure out how it can be reapplied in Android 10.

BTW...trial still works fine for 10 minutes but wont stick

Reactions: Namolas

Smorrisonva

Dec 27, 2019
I used Nova Launcher Pro and applied the set that someone posted in this thread because I could not apply the firmware since I have N975U. With the new 10 update and UI 2.0 I am still good.
8FzC5ALAgxYFf1Qc7

ssamboy

Sep 15, 2008
This thread is about the Star Wars theme. I'm sure your issues would be addressed better in the appropriate thread.

I had the theme working fine on 9 and when I updated to 10 it transferred and was still working fine. However I changed back to default theme to test dark mode and was unable to switch back to SW theme. I really loved that theme and it will be awesome once some of the smarter folks around here figure out how it can be reapplied in Android 10.

BTW...trial still works fine for 10 minutes but wont stick

I know it's about the star wars theme. I flashed the Star Wars Firmware (on my Aura Blue unlocked Note 10+) and then I took a 2,000 mbps + star wars firmware software update a couple of days ago.

Sorry for the confusion, I assumed it was clear that I had flashed the star wars theme firmware in my previous post. Either way, I am trying to ascertain if the aforementioned bugs are specific to said star wars theme or universal to the one ui 2.0 upgrade dealio.

ssgunner20

Aug 17, 2010
I know it's about the star wars theme. I flashed the Star Wars Firmware (on my Aura Blue unlocked Note 10+) and then I took a 2,000 mbps + star wars firmware software update a couple of days ago.

Sorry for the confusion, I assumed it was clear that I had flashed the star wars theme firmware in my previous post. Either way, I am trying to ascertain if the aforementioned bugs are specific to said star wars theme or universal to the one ui 2.0 upgrade dealio.

For goodlock, there will be an update coming. It says on the app itself. Same thing happened to me. This is also true for when I switched from oreo to pie. Takes a couple days for sammy to whip up the software to work on the new android version. Been using goodlock since android N. I do miss the features it provides but I'm good for now.

As for the theme, mine doesnt work. Tried switching to nova and reapply theme and no dice. Maybe if I would have installed the update while on nova it may have stocked. But as the previous user said after switch to stock and going back to the sw theme it wont work any longer. I wonder if the same is true for the ones that did stick and restart their device would it still work?

Patiently waiting for a fix. But in the meantime I still have all the goodies suck as ring tones, wall paper...etc. the actual theme for me is like whatever since not all icons switch to the sw icons. Still rocking the wall paper, tones and Aod. God my wife hates my alarm, spen lightsaber ring tones:cool:

Last edited:

[email protected]

Dec 22, 2019
I used Nova Launcher Pro and applied the set that someone posted in this thread because I could not apply the firmware since I have N975U. With the new 10 update and UI 2.0 I am still good.
8FzC5ALAgxYFf1Qc7

I am using Android 10 on a Note 10 5G and I was able to install the theme from the zip file in this thread through Custom OneUI Theme Installer but I cannot apply the theme. I receive an error "Something went wrong. Try again later (-1/T500014)" I too am using Nova Prime and was wondering if you followed any other steps to make the installation work. Any help would be appreciated!

gabesir

Jun 2, 2010
cooper city
I am using Android 10 on a Note 10 5G and I was able to install the theme from the zip file in this thread through Custom OneUI Theme Installer but I cannot apply the theme. I receive an error "Something went wrong. Try again later (-1/T500014)" I too am using Nova Prime and was wondering if you followed any other steps to make the installation work. Any help would be appreciated!
Doesnt work with android 10

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
I just took the update this morning and I did the star wars theme only, not the rom. I still have my same star wars theme after the update and all appears to be working. I am scared to change it tho out of fear I wont be able to get it back.

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Why not just not download the official firmwarewith the theme/ CSC in it. Running it on my phone right now. I have been running the official firmware since 9.0 and now they have it for 10.0. It's available on both Sammobile and Frija. Getting it using the Frija software is way faster by the way. You can find Frija here on the XDA site. By the way, there are two firmware variants out there. One with the star wars theme and one with out. Your looking for the CSC file with the Z in it - N975U1OYZ2BLSD. The other one without the theme has an M in it - N975U1OYM2BLSD.

ssgunner20

Aug 17, 2010
Why not just not download the official firmwarewith the theme/ CSC in it. Running it on my phone right now. I have been running the official firmware since 9.0 and now they have it for 10.0. It's available on both Sammobile and Frija. Getting it using the Frija software is way faster by the way. You can find Frija here on the XDA site. By the way, there are two firmware variants out there. One with the star wars theme and one with out. Your looking for the CSC file with the Z in it - N975U1OYZ2BLSD. The other one without the theme has an M in it - N975U1OYM2BLSD.

For most the hassle of going thru Odin to flash the software, keeps many away. Why hasnt there been a version where you simply download, install from sd card??

gabesir

Jun 2, 2010
cooper city
The reason why I havent flash this is because 1: I dont wanna wipe my phone, 2: the phone still under sprint contract so I dont know if it will affect anything, 3: future ota updates?

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
For most the hassle of going thru Odin to flash the software, keeps many away. Why hasnt there been a version where you simply download, install from sd card??
Is it really that hard? If it is too hard to use Odin, then perhaps you shouldn't even consider making any changes to your phone, just get an iPhone.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

The reason why I havent flash this is because 1: I dont wanna wipe my phone, 2: the phone still under sprint contract so I dont know if it will affect anything, 3: future ota updates?
There's a tool from Samsung called Smart Switch. Just back up all your data using Smart Switch to your PC flash Odin (best to use patched version available here on the XDA site). Once you've flashed the Odin files and gone through with basic setup of your now Star Wars themed phone, just connect your phone to Smart Switch and restore your data. You will be able to get OTAs without losing your themes capabilities from that point on.

Reactions: Namolas

ssgunner20

Aug 17, 2010
Is it really that hard? If it is too hard to use Odin, then perhaps you shouldn't even consider making any changes to your phone, just get an iPhone.

You mad bro?

Dont get your panties in a bunch. Preference?
---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

There's a tool from Samsung called Smart Switch. Just back up all your data using Smart Switch to your PC flash Odin (best to use patched version available here on the XDA site). Once you've flashed the Odin files and gone through with basic setup of your now Star Wars themed phone, just connect your phone to Smart Switch and restore your data. You will be able to get OTAs without losing your themes capabilities from that point on.

Cool story bro, tell it again... In this day and age there have been previous software versions of android 9 capable of being installed via sd card in recovery. I like how you completely disregarded the point. All I'm saying this is much of a user friendly approach. If you dont like it well, then that's the difference between me and you.

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Cool story bro, tell it again... In this day and age there have been previous software versions of android 9 capable of being installed via sd card in recovery. I like how you completely disregarded the point. All I'm saying this is much of a user friendly approach. If you dont like it well, then that's the difference between me and you.
I am afraid you do not understand how things actually work. You don't need to reinvent the wheel, but if you want to, I suggest you do it yourself. Then there wouldn't be an issue. That is the point, bro!

Top Liked Posts