Start Launcher: start a program by Start Button: you can assign short and long taps

Search This thread

bartwell

Dec 2, 2005
wap.bartwell.ru
Start Launcher is a tiny program, allowing you to assign any program to a short or long tap to the standard Windows Mobile Start Button.
The program is written without Dot Net, using Native C++, so it's small, does not consume resources. Works on QVGA, VGA, WQVGA and WVGA devices with WM2003, 5, 6, 6.1, 6.5 (if the Start button placed on the left upper corner only).

Homepage (Russian site!): http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=137037

The latest version is 2.5
The program includes config utility. After install you should go to Start->Programs->Start Launcher and assign a program to separately long and short tap. If you prefer keeping default action for short tap (start menu), just don't mark corresponding field.

I use this program for WiFi radio toggling, some guys call separate launcher etc.
The program is freeware for all users, but you can donate. Any feedback is welcome.

Please, donate: PayPal.

Attachments

• pc_capture2.png
    pc_capture2.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 845
Last edited:

slimest

Apr 3, 2008
Moscow
I participated in beta testing of the program. Now it's the one of my "must have" software. Use it on my Touch HD for WiFi switch. Very useful :)

Last edited:

Tatsch

May 11, 2009
You told that you can use it with WVGA. But you can choose only between VGA and QVGA?

What about WVGA? :confused:

Bigbest

Dec 12, 2006
Thanks, very useful !! but where i can find the different parameters for the other function ?

thx
B

slimest

Apr 3, 2008
Moscow
Bigbest, what do you you mean - other function? What are different parameters? If you mean - what are parameters of a program? you should look in it's documentation. Start Launcher allows launch anything with (it's pro!) any parameter.
You can launch simple applications without any parameters - should work.

Seraph321

Dec 10, 2007
Can I use this to mark all inbox messages read? Or would that require a separate program that this launches? It would be extremely helpful when reading from the preview in touchflo.

slimest

Apr 3, 2008
Moscow
Can I use this to mark all inbox messages read? Or would that require a separate program that this launches? It would be extremely helpful when reading from the preview in touchflo.

Why not? Just find a way to create shortcut for reading your inbox. Then you just assign this shortcut and all done :)

ypsmav

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2009
EU
Would you pls post the cab? My work network is blocking the downloading link...
Thanks

MyPass

Aug 12, 2007
Hello,

sounds great, but: Is there a possibilty to hook the hardware-home button too?

thx mypass

MyPass

Aug 12, 2007
Hello,

sounds great, but: Is there a possibilty to hook the hardware-home button too?

thx mypass

der_timo

Jan 11, 2007
Is it right that the prog assign only the left upper corner? Because with the new 6.5 (build 23060) bottom start-sign it doesn´t work. Or can I "map" it to the left bottom?

bartwell

Dec 2, 2005
wap.bartwell.ru