• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Start-up: Verizon pixel xl bootloader unlock bounty

Search This thread

Atlantian

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles
Please, keep this thread clean and to the point. This is intended to compensate any developers who may step forward to assist with the unlocking of the Verizon Pixel/XL.

UPDATE: @jcase @firewaterdevs Ask's that any donations be sent to the Make-A-Wish
Please post your donation to this thread.

Sorry for the late response. Been busy at the hospital.

Last edited:

coreymu

Dec 24, 2014
I'll pledge $25 to unlock the bootloader. If it gets unlocked, I might actually get the phone :)

Edit: Donation complete to Make a Wish! Thanks for the good work:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 335Deezl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dePixel8 was released today at http://theroot.ninja/depixel8.html.

Please make bounty payments to the Make-A-Wish @ www.wish.org/Donate and reply in this thread with the Transaction Number provided by Make-A-Wish.

--beaups
    Most likely there won't be a bounty collected. However if they release the exploit it will be through an app like sunshine which will cost you $25 to unlock your device. IMO that's money well paid, and the best way to release exploits, since many pledges never follow through on the payment. This way it's a win win for everyone and keeps the devs motivated.

It was written somewhere that whatever they end up releasing probably wont be on SunShine.

It won't be part of SunShine, it will be free. We do intend to collect the bounty, neither of us have locked pixels making future development problematic. Bounty will go to buying at least one of those phones.
    I pledge $25.00 on the assumption it is original work, not stolen or misappropriate work of others.
    I stand corrected from last week. All apologies. Good job cracking the bootloader, even better job with the charity.

We release the majority of our stuff free, generally with full details (even parts of sunshine have been open sourced, and or detailed in write ups), and every monetary "donation", bounty or reward I receive goes to charity. Generally homeless youth charities, children's hospitals, or special olympics. Been this way for a while.

We will even be releasing details, and open source exploits for Pixel bootloader vulnerabilities in the coming weeks/months.
    I've known of you for many many years. Sorry to be off topic but your profile picture is so much different than your twitter picture. Is that like good cop/bad cop, or in other words your alter ego? Anyway ago I appreciate your work.

I would really appreciate if you can answer my question regarding learning materials, that will help me to learn more about android security. I'm a programmer by day, so I'm not new to coding at all.

http://theroot.ninja/PAE.pdf

https://github.com/rednaga/training

uBtfrKy.jpg