Status Bar icons merging into a dot, how to fix?

Search This thread

Knuxyl

May 20, 2009
Google Pixel 5
I have several status bar icons (not notifcation icons) that I want always visible, but after a couple, they just turn into one dot and I cant see them unless I swipe down the notification bar. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? I'm rooted on LineageOS with Magisk 22.1, but had the same problem on stock. Thanks

Last edited:

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
I have several status bar icons (not notifcation icons) that I want always visible, but after a couple, they just turn into one dot and I cant see them unless I swipe down the notification bar. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? I'm rooted on LineageOS with Magisk 22.1, but had the same problem on stock. Thanks
I've never seen that. Can you give a screenshot of just before it changes and after?

akpe

Jan 25, 2006
Athens
Google Pixel 5
The dot appears when you have enough notification icons, that can't be all shown at the same time, kinda like a "there's more" indicator.

Sadly the space for notifications is limited to just a few. No way to fix that afaik.

swangjang

Sep 12, 2018
Try this mod:

This will install an app called "Rom Control". Swipe from left to open menu, go to "Miscellaneous" and there is an option called "Show more notification icons". I haven't tried it but this may be what you're looking for.

Knuxyl

May 20, 2009
Google Pixel 5
You guys, he said statusbar icons, not notification icons. To me that means the system icons on the right side.
Yes exactly, I tried that recommendation and it not only didn't work, but after a while it stopped showing my lte signal and moved battery percent to left of battery instead of where I had it on the right, like it randomly switched to demo mode.

I'm fine with the notification icons merging, but not my system icons.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Yes exactly, I tried that recommendation and it not only didn't work, but after a while it stopped showing my lte signal and moved battery percent to left of battery instead of where I had it on the right, like it randomly switched to demo mode.

Rom control is for stock, I believe.

I've never seen that many system icons. I might be able to help but I don't know I could even manage to get too many. How many icons before it goes to a dot? 6, 7?
Can you give me a screenshot?

Reactions: xunholyx

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
HTC 10
Google Pixel 2 XL

Do you really need all of those system icons? If not, there's an app that you can use to remove some of them with.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zacharee1.systemuituner
I use it to hide the headphones icon (I can see the wire coming out of my phone I'm looking at it right now and I can hear the music coming from it) and also the alarm clock icon that is there even on weekends when I don't have alarms set. I know I have 3 alarms set for weekdays. I've had them for years. I don't need you to remind me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsadiver

Knuxyl

May 20, 2009
Google Pixel 5
Do you really need all of those system icons? If not, there's an app that you can use to remove some of them with.
I use it to hide the headphones icon (I can see the wire coming out of my phone I'm looking at it right now and I can hear the music coming from it) and also the alarm clock icon that is there even on weekends when I don't have alarms set. I know I have 3 alarms set for weekdays. I've had them for years. I don't need you to remind me.
I have clock as military time, battery percentage shown, LTE bars and icon, and it only takes 2 more for it to merge. And of course I know I can hide system icons? I want them. That's the problem. Android doesn't but I do.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
I have clock as military time, battery percentage shown, LTE bars and icon, and it only takes 2 more for it to merge. And of course I know I can hide system icons? I want them. That's the problem. Android doesn't but I do.
Here is the most I could get. I put my clock on the right. How can I get more?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-153135.png
    Screenshot_20210421-153135.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 22

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
HTC 10
Google Pixel 2 XL
There's probably no way to do it.
Let the notifications fill until you get a dot there.
That blank space is where sensors are.
Here is the most I could get. I put my clock on the right. How can I get more?
Plug in some type c headphones is all I can think of

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Rom control is for stock, I believe.

I've never seen that many system icons. I might be able to help but I don't know I could even manage to get too many. How many icons before it goes to a dot? 6, 7?
    Can you give me a screenshot?

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone