Status for Xposed for Oreo 8.0??

Search This thread

Monirumi

Nov 18, 2017
Super cereal now. Where's Xposed for Oreo? Did Rovo69 retire? I can't believe that's there's an article on the internet that says it came out but when you scroll to the downloads, it says "coming soon" I guess we have to keep waiting for Rovo69 to come back from the Congo.

"Irrational self-confidence will get you more ***** than rational defeatism" -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Saw that meaningless article :rolleyes:
Have patience nobody retired it will come out once stable... :cowboy:

harrysummer

Dec 27, 2013
Beijing
rovo89 had some comments on Oreo three months ago: https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/236 :

I'm quite confident that the new implementation I'm working on for Nougat will also be compatible with O. Porting is always a lot less work than designing and implementing something completely from scratch. So yeah, hopefully Xposed for O will be available faster once it's finished for Nougat.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Xposed and Resurrection Remix are the two things I'm waiting on before upgrading to the Pixel 2 XL.
And the phone doesn't even have LineageOS yet so I'm not too worried about Xposed.
If anything, Android customization/hacking has taught me patience!

Oh dang, just realized I haven't donated yet to Rovo for bringing us Xposed for Nougat. Gonna go and do that right now. :good:

RusherDude

Aug 24, 2012
It's strange. It's taking more to update from N to O than from L to M, and both were supposedly minor updates compared to L or N. If I have to guess, rovo dedicated 0% of this time last month for xposed on O.

Frances91

Feb 8, 2015
Memo:
As significant stakeholders of Xposed Inc, aiming for high positive return on investment accords us exlusive rights to repeatedly ask Rovo for ETAs while ensuring precious time isn't wasted on looking for his comments on status updates in relevant forums.
To straighten slacking operations, we must apprehend Rovo about him clocking in unacceptably few hours at developing future builds.
Further suggestions to hasten delivery of Xposed Oreo are not only welcome but highly solicited.

evertonjcorreia

Dec 7, 2014
It's strange. It's taking more to update from N to O than from L to M, and both were supposedly minor updates compared to L or N. If I have to guess, rovo dedicated 0% of this time last month for xposed on O.

And this why I stopped publishing apps for free, people who pay for the thing actually complain and nag less than people who don't pay a penny for the thing. The worst bullshits I readed and the worst rates I have in Playstore is when I promote my app as free for a certain period of time.

Hope rovo and other devs start to see it and put a price on their work. Xposed is a 10 usd app minimum.

tecnicopascoal

Oct 21, 2017
Xposed can come to fix overly restrictive SELinux filesystem permissions in Android Nougat and Oreo?

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/37091475

Well this is crap!!!

This is exactly like if Windows would deny end users permission to Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer! It is laughable! It is unacceptable! I'm absolutely shocked that this is where Android has gone now. It's getting worse. Since API level 26 (Android O, to be released) you cannot even access any more /prop/stat of your own process. In addition https://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/ActivityManager.html#getRunningServices(int) is being deprecated. Hereafter there is no way to know anything about any process running on a device.

Last edited:

onolox

Jan 30, 2013
RS
Xposed can come to fix overly restrictive SELinux filesystem permissions in Android Nougat and Oreo?

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/37091475

Well this is crap!!!

This is exactly like if Windows would deny end users permission to Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Process Explorer! It is laughable! It is unacceptable! I'm absolutely shocked that this is where Android has gone now. It's getting worse. Since API level 26 (Android O, to be released) you cannot even access any more /prop/stat of your own process. In addition https://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/ActivityManager.html#getRunningServices(int) is being deprecated. Hereafter there is no way to know anything about any process running on a device.

Don't be evil.... they said once...

Cobra4K

Dec 15, 2016
Kütahya
Guys please enlighten me. Xposed never got stable, yet Rovo says he'll release when he got it stable (in every Android update). Why not releasing beta of some sort? Or even developer edition that enables developers to develop modules for new Xposed without wait to come out. Xposed Nougat is out but there are almost no modules to install. Also Nougat gets more outdated day-by-day. I don't think Xposed never will be popular as it is before. Painfully slow to come out and no modules to install triggers that. BTW sorry for broken English.

Reactions: thecoolkid

corkiejp

Sep 27, 2012
Cork
www.boards.ie
Check Rovo89's post here!

I know many of you are waiting for Oreo support, and indeed I'm pretty far with that. 95% of the code are ported, basic functionality is working on Genymotion. The remaining 5% are obviously those parts of the code which are more difficult to port. I literally just upgraded my primary device to Android 8.1, so I can hopefully start some real testing soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xposed hasn't even been finalized for Nougat and we're already bashing at Xposed for Oreo.

lol.

It's better to watch ahead... so may I ask which is the status of xposed for Android P? :rolleyes:
    I don't believe it. Sorry even I am not very active in writing on xda I am reading. There isn't even a stable version for Nougat and people are asking about Oreo. Folks don't forget that the developer is doing that in his private time, he has a private life. It's ready when it's done. Also there are more as enough links in the forum which refere to comments from the developer regarding xposed on nougat and / or Oreo.
    Google starting working on Android 9.. Will there be xposed for this version? Lol.. Rofl

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

Come on now man, no need to be a "White Knight". The OP was just asking if there was any update regarding Xposed for Oreo, which is a perfectly reasonable question to ask in the Xposed sub-forum. He may not be a developer and may not know how much time it takes to actually port over from one version to another. And one of my biggest pet peeves is when people are like "The developer is doing that in his private time, he has a private life". This is such a patronizing statement. Everyone knows that XDA is a community of people who dedicate their personal time to progress technology. This does not need to be stated every time someone asks for an ETA on anything. It's like stating that the grass is green or the sky is blue today. Please stop with this non-sense as it derails any progression in our community.
    Check Rovo89's post here!

I know many of you are waiting for Oreo support, and indeed I'm pretty far with that. 95% of the code are ported, basic functionality is working on Genymotion. The remaining 5% are obviously those parts of the code which are more difficult to port. I literally just upgraded my primary device to Android 8.1, so I can hopefully start some real testing soon.
    Xposed and Resurrection Remix are the two things I'm waiting on before upgrading to the Pixel 2 XL.
    And the phone doesn't even have LineageOS yet so I'm not too worried about Xposed.
    If anything, Android customization/hacking has taught me patience!

Oh dang, just realized I haven't donated yet to Rovo for bringing us Xposed for Nougat. Gonna go and do that right now. :good:
    I hope the oreo it's just an evolution of nougat. Same as lollipop to marshmallow.

As long as it isn't KitKat to Lollipop then we should be okay, I hope.
    Man, I lost some great Xposed modules after KitKat. They just never worked right after that. Such as App Exposed, which okay.. kind of "half worked" on Lollipop.

In my opinion, KitKat was the last great Android OS for those of us who care more about customization than security.