• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Statusbar Notification Icon Limit Increased to 7

Search This thread

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
you are AWESOME, thank you!! as for the 9 toggles, this does not happen when you pull down the notification shade. previously on Android 10 you would see 9, now it's only 6. can you confirm?

Try this one.

Attachments

• MoreNotations.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 10

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
This one should work.

good to hear, unfortunately now I can't boot in to replace this module. I've tried the Magisk Modules Disabler boot images, but the old ones fail verification and the latest one you had posted doesn't seem to disable Magisk since it boots up to a black screen as well. I can boot up with a stock boot, but no root access to do anything. any suggestions?

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
good to hear, unfortunately now I can't boot in to replace this module. I've tried the Magisk Modules Disabler boot images, but the old ones fail verification and the latest one you had posted doesn't seem to disable Magisk since it boots up to a black screen as well. I can boot up with a stock boot, but no root access to do anything. any suggestions?

Flash your magisk_patched.img. As it grinds trying to boot up, run this command:

adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules

This should remove all modules.

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
Flash your magisk_patched.img. As it grinds trying to boot up, run this command:

adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules

This should remove all modules.

hrmm, flashed my magisk_patched.img and tried running that adb command as soon as I see the G logo with the loading bar underneath, but no go. looks like it still boots into a black screen. when exactly should I be running the adb command, did I miss it?

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
hrmm, flashed my magisk_patched.img and tried running that adb command as soon as I see the G logo with the loading bar underneath, but no go. looks like it still boots into a black screen. when exactly should I be running the adb command, did I miss it?

No, that sounds right. Anytime after it's booted. Unless it reboots back to fastboot, this command should be able to reach your phone and remove all modules. I used it myself after flashing the same module you did.

Edit: mine never booted to a black screen. It just hung at the G symbol. It's possible you lost root after flashing your stock image and can't get it back. You have to have root before the command works.

Last edited:

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL

wish I had seen this post earlier... my issue was that I never used ADB on this computer prior, so it was never allowed to access my phone. after booting into the stock boot image without Magisk, I was able to get the ADB allow/deny message to pop up and setting it to allow allowed me to run the ADB command you mentioned earlier to remove all the modules. doing so rebooted itself into a fully rooted Magisk setup again with no modules... can confirm the latest change allows for 7 notifications and 9 Quick Toggles.... thank you for all your work and help!! also great to know of the link you posted, as I was wondering what else could have been done if ADB wasn't an option

sidhaarthm

Mar 1, 2009
London, U.K.
Dear @Tulsadiver, here's an odd one for you.
Ever since I installed this Status Bar Notifications Mod, my CC has stopped working, i.e. it has defaulted to the left of the bar.

CC still shows installed in Magisk, but has no effect. I tired to uninstall it and reflash but made no difference.

Could you please look into it? I'm using your Neon Accent with Black Icons, CC and Navbar increase to 7 Mods.

Cheers

Last edited:

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Dear @Tulsadiver, here's an odd one for you.
Ever since I installed this Status Bar Notifications Mod, my CC has stopped working, i.e. it has defaulted to the left of the bar.

CC still shows installed in Magisk, but has no effect. I tired to uninstall it and reflash but made no difference.

Could you please look into it? I'm using your Neon Accent with Black Icons, CC and Navbar increase to 7 Mods.

Cheers

You can only modify the SystemUI one time. I'm working on my ADB mod installer where you can customize your module but it is slow going.

itista7

Aug 13, 2009
No, it just depends on which icons are showing. Sometimes it'll be 6, sometimes 7.
Yes I noticed that, but why does one of the versions in this thread cause the battery % to dissapear? It's the 15.6 MB one.

Appreciate your work really, I really needed that feature... I'm surprised no one at Google thought about making it an option how many icons to show...

Top Liked Posts