• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Statusbar Notification Icon Limit Increased to 7

Search This thread

roydhritiman

Aug 28, 2016
In root explorer go to data/adb/modules/. Find my module continue to system/product/priv-app/SystemUI/SystemUI.apk and take a screenshot. Go to the same in your root system.....system/product/priv-app/SystemUI/SystemUI.apk and take a screenshot. See if the date of that SystemUI.apk is the same date as yesterday.

Edit:. Here is another one to try.
Alright, tried this and it seems to work. Thanks a lot!

There is just one problem though - the left and right padding of the status bar just changed, idk why?

You can see the results in the screenshots below:

MoreNotations 1.png

MoreNotations 2.png

As you can see, the mod is working absolutely fine, but the padding seems to be weird. Can you fix this?

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013

Attachments

• MoreNotations.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: roydhritiman

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Alright, this is perfect. Thanks a lot! :)

The padding value is just right for me. Could you tell me what value did you choose?

Also, could you make a YouTube video of the whole process explaining how the mod works? That would be so helpful!

Here are the screenshots:

View attachment 5201895
View attachment 5201905

Thanks again!
I didn't change anything from stock, on the padding. Due to the increase in notifications, I normally remove the stock padding to give more room so I just left it stock.

I don't do videos. If you have some knowledge of decompiling, editing, and recompiling apk's I'd be happy to walk you through it. I even have an automated script if you can run bash script but you'd have to have your pc setup to run (which if you CAN decompile and recompile you should already have your environment variables set up and jdk and do forth).

Reactions: roydhritiman

roydhritiman

Aug 28, 2016
I didn't change anything from stock, on the padding. Due to the increase in notifications, I normally remove the stock padding to give more room so I just left it stock.

I don't do videos. If you have some knowledge of decompiling, editing, and recompiling apk's I'd be happy to walk you through it. I even have an automated script if you can run bash script but you'd have to have your pc setup to run (which if you CAN decompile and recompile you should already have your environment variables set up and jdk and do forth).
Okay, there's a lot I didn't understand, but that aside, I thank you a lot for helping me out. Much appreciated! :)

Also, the stock padding value is 0, right? If I'm not mistaken?

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Can you give me a TLDR?
I don't believe there is such a thing for editing.

Here is a basic guide.

I use ticklemyandroid for basic decompiling and recompiling.

Apktool

Smali-baksmali files

Last edited:

roydhritiman

Aug 28, 2016
I don't believe there is such a thing for editing.

Here is a basic guide.

I use ticklemyandroid for basic decompiling and recompiling.

Apktool

Smali-baksmali files
Alright thanks!
Also, by TLDR, I meant to ask that could you just briefly explain to me if the mods would work on other Android 10 ROMs or not. 😛

Top Liked Posts