• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Statusbar Size Fix

Search This thread

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Hey man,
Could you be kind enough to do Left clock 36 dip for crDroid Android 11, please?
Thank you so much.

Attachments

• crDroid-7.11_Pixel5-files.zip
    31.3 MB · Views: 15

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
You are welcome to try this.
Awesome, working perfectly, thank you very much!
I see here on post #289 you explain how to edit the DisplayCutoutEmulationWaterfallOverlay.apk

Whenever you have time, do you think you could possibly post the edits for SystemUI.ak so that the clock isn't stuck behind the cutout, please.

Will save me from having to keep asking you to update the module each time there's an update and something changes.

Much appreciated,

Cheers!

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Awesome, working perfectly, thank you very much!
I see here on post #289 you explain how to edit the DisplayCutoutEmulationWaterfallOverlay.apk

Whenever you have time, do you think you could possibly post the edits for SystemUI.ak so that the clock isn't stuck behind the cutout, please.

Will save me from having to keep asking you to update the module each time there's an update and something changes.

Much appreciated,

Cheers!
I edit the SystemUIGoogle.apk as follows:

res/values/dimens.xml
From: <dimen name="status_bar_left_clock_starting_padding">0.0dip</dimen>

To: <dimen name="status_bar_left_clock_starting_padding">30.0dip</dimen>

res/layout/keyguard_status_bar.xml
Find code:
"android:id="@iD/keyguard_carrier_text"'

Add padding after it like so:

'android:id="@iD/keyguard_carrier_text" android:paddingLeft="30.0dip"'

Smiley face comes from colon p

Reactions: andybones

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I edit the SystemUIGoogle.apk as follows:

res/values/dimens.xml
From: <dimen name="status_bar_left_clock_starting_padding">0.0dip</dimen>

To: <dimen name="status_bar_left_clock_starting_padding">30.0dip</dimen>

res/layout/keyguard_status_bar.xml
Find code:
"android:id="@iD/keyguard_carrier_text"'

Add padding after it like so:

'android:id="@iD/keyguard_carrier_text" android:paddingLeft="30.0dip"'

Smiley face comes from colon p
Thank you so very much for sharing!

Reactions: Tulsadiver

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211022-160529886.jpg
    Screenshot_20211022-160529886.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 39

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I don't know....your battery-wifi-data icons aren't showing, your clock isn't either. Weird.
I think this is normal behavior for downloads. I took a screen record, but I'm not sure exactly how to take any screenshot/record that shows the cutout, so basically just imagine the cut out is directly behind the download icon, and any other notification icon for example in YouTube. The green highlights what can't be seen.

I wonder if a padding is needed inside one of the layouts that is for notifications? But I'm very terrible at trying to figure it out.

If I use 24dip I can see a little bit of the icon above the punch hole, because the status bar is so small. I prefer 36dip, but beggars can't be choosers. :)

Thank you so much again for all that you do for the community.

Attachments

• screen-20211022-170212.mp4
    10.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Untitled.png
    1Untitled.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I think this is normal behavior for downloads. I took a screen record, but I'm not sure exactly how to take any screenshot/record that shows the cutout, so basically just imagine the cut out is directly behind the download icon, and any other notification icon for example in YouTube. The green highlights what can't be seen.

I wonder if a padding is needed inside one of the layouts that is for notifications? But I'm very terrible at trying to figure it out.

If I use 24dip I can see a little bit of the icon above the punch hole, because the status bar is so small. I prefer 36dip, but beggars can't be choosers. :)

Thank you so much again for all that you do for the community.
Could it have something to do with your custom rom? My downloads are to the right of my clock.

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Could it have something to do with your custom rom? My downloads are to the right of my clock.
Good question. crDroid is based off AOSP like Pixels though. When I download something from say your OP through the browser that download icon IS to the right.. but for all my incoming notifications like say a text message, the icon is to the left while it's incoming, but once it's done it's back over to the right. So it's back n forth for things. Another example is when an email or text message is incoming, the icon is to the left of the date, like in my video, but once the notification has come in it moves over to the right. I do believe this is normal behavior, but would need someone to confirm. So, it's not enough of a bug to go back to the horrendous stock large status bar, but can be quite annoying when using the phone and the notification comes in. YouTube you can really see it.. Well YouTube Vanced anyway when going from video to the home screen.

If you have a chance would you mind try downloading something from the Playstore and see if it is like my video with the download icon over to the left of the clock, please.
Just for peace of mind. :)

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Good question. crDroid is based off AOSP like Pixels though. When I download something from say your OP through the browser that download icon IS to the right.. but for all my incoming notifications like say a text message, the icon is to the left while it's incoming, but once it's done it's back over to the right. So it's back n forth for things. Another example is when an email or text message is incoming, the icon is to the left of the date, like in my video, but once the notification has come in it moves over to the right. I do believe this is normal behavior, but would need someone to confirm. So, it's not enough of a bug to go back to the horrendous stock large status bar, but can be quite annoying when using the phone and the notification comes in. YouTube you can really see it.. Well YouTube Vanced anyway when going from video to the home screen.

If you have a chance would you mind try downloading something from the Playstore and see if it is like my video with the download icon over to the left of the clock, please.
Just for peace of mind. :)
I did. Mine starts and stays to the right of the clock....

Top Liked Posts