stayboogy [ROM] AOSP 12L (12.1.0_r3, SPA2 5G) for Pixel 5 [redfin]

Search This thread

stayboogy_Officially

Apr 24, 2022
stayboogy AOSP 12L (12.1.0_r3, SPA2 5G) Redfin

sources:​

base repo: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest/+/refs/heads/android-12.1.0_r3/default.xml

my work: https://github.com/stayboogy/stayboogy_Redfin

this rom: https://github.com/stayboogy/stayboogy_Redfin/tree/main/aosp/12.1.0.r3

kernel: https://android.googlesource.com/device/google/redbull-kernel/+/refs/tags/android-12.1.0_r3

Built on the stability of stock without all the Google junk.

FEATURES:

*5G Radio Activated [without any Google Apps or Services Installed]

*stayboogy Pixel Recovery--work in progress based on aosp recovery
--modded to be able to install updates even after they fail signature verification
--modded to be able to use adb shell
--modded to work on this device specifically--work in progress

*Rootable
--https://github.com/stayboogy/stayboogy_Redfin/blob/main/aosp/how_to_root

*GApps Magisk Module Capable
--https://github.com/stayboogy/stayboogy_Redfin/blob/main/aosp/Magisk_GApps

*Visual Voicemail directly in the Dialer app

*Call Recording Working and Activated
--listen to recording from Call Details

*Messaging
--export and import message threads to storage, swipe right to delete

*Gesture Navigation by default
--change in settings

*Round Icons

*Monet Color Extraction implementation from kdrag0n [protonAOSP]

*System Accent Color changes based on Wallpaper Color Extraction [always on]
--want a different color, change your wallpaper--literally many colors even cyan like lineage, just play around

*Adaptive Icons Backgrounds change based on Wallpaper Color Extraction [always on]
--if doesn't automatically change with wallpaper, just toggle themed icons in wallpaper and style settings to correct

*Adaptive In-App Themes change based on Wallpaper Color Extraction [always on]

*App Themes Change based on Light / Dark System Theme Settings [always on]

*Custom Bootanimation

*Custom Wallpapers

*Custom Workspace Grid Sizes

*Lawnicons' Themed Icons already embedded in the default Launcher3 [Lawnchair not needed]

*Retro Audio Files from Cyanogenmod from LineageOS

*ExactCalculator from LineageOS
--in app theme changes based on Wallpaper Color Extraction

*Recorder from LineageOS

*Play All Media Files straight from Files App
--no separate music / video player needed

*No QuickSearchBar on HomeScreen

*No Browser

*No Calendar

*De-Googled

THIS ROM IS MEANT TO BE GOOGLE-FREE AND STILL BE CUSTOMIZABLE AND CAPABLE

Screenshot_20220625-090952.pngScreenshot_20220625-090955.pngScreenshot_20220625-091016.pngScreenshot_20220625-091033.pngScreenshot_20220625-091037.pngScreenshot_20220625-091012.pngScreenshot_20220625-091112.pngScreenshot_20220625-091115.pngScreenshot_20220625-091136.pngScreenshot_20220625-091145.pngScreenshot_20220625-091127.pngScreenshot_20220625-091207.pngScreenshot_20220625-091218.pngScreenshot_20220625-091221.pngScreenshot_20220625-091815.pngScreenshot_20220625-091955.pngScreenshot_20220625-093035.pngScreenshot_20220625-091946.pngScreenshot_20220625-092011.pngScreenshot_20220625-091005.png

Download:

MD5:

CHEATCODES:

I. GApps

If you want to use apps like YouTube and Voice to Text or any other app that requires GSF/GMS from Google, then use the Magisk Module method, which will allow you FULL GOOGLE ACCOUNT ACCESS.

If you don't want to follow the directions above, you can just install the Magisk GApps Core Module and use any app that requires GSF/GMS without logging in. This will allow things like Voice-to-Text to work perfectly without a Google Account and this is how I use Voice-to-Text and GBoard

II. Backup & Restore Apps+Data between ROM Releases

I have provided a free app in the app repository "oandbackup" that you can backup and restore all apps and their data, user and system both. I have tested with user apps and it works fine. This will allow you to backup and restore your actual data without TWRP which is unlikely to ever be working for this ROM. Also, I am not going to implementing a backup option on the Pixel Recovery I am making either.

Just use to the app to batch backup your user apps and their data, copyt the files to your comptuer, and then copy them back to your phone after you install a new release and pick up right back where you left off.

III. Contacts & Text Message Backup and Restore

Contacts can be exported and imported directly from the app.
Messages can be exported and restored with adb:

//backup

adb root
adb pull /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db-journal
adb pull /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db

//restore

adb root
adb shell rm /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db-journal
adb shell rm /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db
adb reboot
adb root
adb push mmssms.db-journal /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
adb push mmssms.db /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
adb reboot

IV. App Repository

I have provided a few common apps for your convenience so that you can get to downloading and installing whatever you need should you not have your required apps backed up already before installing this ROM. I have provided Aurora Store, Magisk, and oandbackup.

App Repository

HOW TO ROOT:

Last edited:

stayboogy_Officially

Apr 24, 2022
new build coming [1.8] with lawnicons now in the quickstep launcher for themed icons without lawnchair, but also now if you have lawnchair without having to install lawnicons and it's not installed now either, and it is so freaking beautiful...

also, now Dialer, Messages, and Contacts use Contact Colors to reduce the monochrome nature of the theme while the action bars are still the same color as the accent color just like in the 1.7 build released in the OP

stayboogy_Officially

Apr 24, 2022
I've been using my own rom now exclusively and haven't had any issues.

Firefox nightly installs and works fine and works with autofill as well, without any google stuff.

This rom is mainly for those not needing/wanting gapps. It's definitely legit.

stayboogy_Officially

Apr 24, 2022
OP Updated.

GApps now supported through the linked Magisk Module in the OP (should you require them--tested and working fine--This Does NOT allow you to sign into a Google Account or the Play Store or Download from the Play Store BUT THIS DOES Let you use any app requiring GSF/GMS without logging in, youtube, voicetyping, etc all working when downloaded from the Aurora Store but you cannot sign into your account you can try but it won't happen, this is intentional)

Instructions on how to root added

Magisk App Download link added

Aurora Store App Download link added

Still the most power-user friendly, stable, de-googled, vanilla rom available for the Pixel 5

Last edited:

stayboogy_Officially

Apr 24, 2022
I'll have a new build up later today--visual voicemail is working, swipe right to delete messages has been enabled as an option in settings, debugging options have been enabled in messaging which allows you to dump and restore individual message threads straight from settings, and now the system accent colors for icons and app themes are more vibrant instead of dull looking like they were before.

very nice improvements

Reactions: AlexKarimov

stayboogy_Officially

Apr 24, 2022
I am working on creating a device specific recovery--stayboogy Pixel Recovery

so far, it is coming along nicely. my hopes are to get it to the point where people who really really want GApps can install them from recovery. They may not still work even then, but I'd like others to have the option. I'm doing lots of test right now on all of these things.

I can build GApps inline, but everyone will have to submit their android id to Google individually because I am not doing any work to make this rom GApps compatible.

stayboogy_Officially

Apr 24, 2022
I have added:

New link v2.0b with a new vendor_boot with the beginnings of the Pixel Recovery

Cheatcodes
--directions on how to backup and restore Contacts & Messages between ROM Releases
--directions on how to backup and restore Apps + AppData between ROM Releases
--App Repository including the app used to backup and restore apps+appdata

Reactions: elong7681

DroidRommer

Aug 12, 2016

base repo: https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest/+/refs/heads/android-12.1.0_r3/default.xml

this rom: https://github.com/stayboogy/stayboogy_Redfin/tree/main/aosp/12.1.0.r3

kernel: https://android.googlesource.com/device/google/redbull-kernel/+/refs/tags/android-12.1.0_r3

FEATURES:

--modded to be able to install updates even after they fail signature verification

*Rootable

*Messaging

--change in settings

*Round Icons

--want a different color, change your wallpaper--literally many colors even cyan like lineage, just play around

*Adaptive Icons Backgrounds change based on Wallpaper Color Extraction [always on]
--if doesn't automatically change with wallpaper, just toggle themed icons in wallpaper and style settings to correct

*Custom Bootanimation

*Custom Wallpapers

*Lawnicons' Themed Icons already embedded in the default Launcher3 [Lawnchair not needed]

*Recorder from LineageOS

*No Browser

*No Calendar

*De-Googled

View attachment 5645461View attachment 5645463View attachment 5645467View attachment 5645471View attachment 5645473View attachment 5645477View attachment 5645479View attachment 5645481View attachment 5645483View attachment 5645485View attachment 5645487View attachment 5645489View attachment 5645491View attachment 5645493View attachment 5645495View attachment 5645497View attachment 5645507View attachment 5645501View attachment 5645503View attachment 5645629

Download:

MD5:

CHEATCODES:

I. GApps

If you want to use apps like YouTube and Voice to Text or any other app that requires GSF/GMS from Google, then use the Magisk Module method, which will allow you FULL GOOGLE ACCOUNT ACCESS.

If you don't want to follow the directions above, you can just install the Magisk GApps Core Module and use any app that requires GSF/GMS without logging in. This will allow things like Voice-to-Text to work perfectly without a Google Account and this is how I use Voice-to-Text and GBoard

I have provided a free app in the app repository "oandbackup" that you can backup and restore all apps and their data, user and system both. I have tested with user apps and it works fine. This will allow you to backup and restore your actual data without TWRP which is unlikely to ever be working for this ROM. Also, I am not going to implementing a backup option on the Pixel Recovery I am making either.

Just use to the app to batch backup your user apps and their data, copyt the files to your comptuer, and then copy them back to your phone after you install a new release and pick up right back where you left off.

//backup

adb root
adb pull /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db-journal
adb pull /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db

//restore

adb root
adb shell rm /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db-journal
adb shell rm /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db
adb reboot
adb root
adb push mmssms.db-journal /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
adb push mmssms.db /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
adb reboot

IV. App Repository

I have provided a few common apps for your convenience so that you can get to downloading and installing whatever you need should you not have your required apps backed up already before installing this ROM. I have provided Aurora Store, Magisk, and oandbackup.

App Repository

HOW TO ROOT:

I am very interested in trying out this rom but one concern. If I'm on the latest 12.1.0 firmware which is SQ3A.220605.009.A1 can I flash and boot this rom or do I need to downgrade my firmware to the SP2A first?? Sorry if this is a dumb question I've just been out of the game for a while and dont wanna spend the whole day trying over and over so I figured I'd better ask lol. I'm sure it doesn't matter but I am running the official LOS 19.1 right now which I did flash myself so I'm not a complete noob I just wanna play it safe.

Thanks a lot!
DROIDROMMER

stayboogy_Officially

Apr 24, 2022
I am very interested in trying out this rom but one concern. If I'm on the latest 12.1.0 firmware which is SQ3A.220605.009.A1 can I flash and boot this rom or do I need to downgrade my firmware to the SP2A first?? Sorry if this is a dumb question I've just been out of the game for a while and dont wanna spend the whole day trying over and over so I figured I'd better ask lol. I'm sure it doesn't matter but I am running the official LOS 19.1 right now which I did flash myself so I'm not a complete noob I just wanna play it safe.

Thanks a lot!
DROIDROMMER
As long as your bootloader is unlocked you can flash anything...no need to downgrade first.

Just download and install using the script in the zip file. Very easy just like installing the factory image. Being on lineage won't effect anything.

My ROMs install just like a factory image instead of an ota package. Mine are full flashes done on the bootloader & fastbootd.

Just unzip, reboot to bootloader, and run install.sh/install.bat depending on your platform

Last edited:
Reactions: elong7681

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

____________________________________________________________________________

FEATURES:

*Rootable

*Messaging

--change in settings

*Round Icons

*Custom Bootanimation

*Custom Wallpapers

*Recorder from LineageOS

*No Browser

*No Calendar

*De-Googled

Screenshot_20220625-090952.pngScreenshot_20220625-090955.pngScreenshot_20220625-091016.pngScreenshot_20220625-091033.pngScreenshot_20220625-091037.pngScreenshot_20220625-091012.pngScreenshot_20220625-091112.pngScreenshot_20220625-091115.pngScreenshot_20220625-091136.pngScreenshot_20220625-091145.pngScreenshot_20220625-091127.pngScreenshot_20220625-091207.pngScreenshot_20220625-091218.pngScreenshot_20220625-091221.pngScreenshot_20220625-091815.pngScreenshot_20220625-091955.pngScreenshot_20220625-093035.pngScreenshot_20220625-091946.pngScreenshot_20220625-092011.pngScreenshot_20220625-091005.png

Download:

MD5:

CHEATCODES:

I. GApps

//backup

adb root

//restore

adb root
    adb reboot
    adb root
    adb reboot

IV. App Repository

App Repository

HOW TO ROOT:

I am working on creating a device specific recovery--stayboogy Pixel Recovery

so far, it is coming along nicely. my hopes are to get it to the point where people who really really want GApps can install them from recovery. They may not still work even then, but I'd like others to have the option. I'm doing lots of test right now on all of these things.

I can build GApps inline, but everyone will have to submit their android id to Google individually because I am not doing any work to make this rom GApps compatible.
    new build coming [1.8] with lawnicons now in the quickstep launcher for themed icons without lawnchair, but also now if you have lawnchair without having to install lawnicons and it's not installed now either, and it is so freaking beautiful...

also, now Dialer, Messages, and Contacts use Contact Colors to reduce the monochrome nature of the theme while the action bars are still the same color as the accent color just like in the 1.7 build released in the OP
    v2.0 coming tonight with visual voicemail

build in process currently--all my builds are always built from a "m clean" so that you always get the most reliable, stable, stayboogy worthy builds

vvm.png