• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Steam Droid Chat

Search This thread

The Mad Man

Jan 13, 2012
Steam friends app for Android, for mobile chatting with friends on Valve's Steam platform.

I've released version 1.1 yesterday, after a fail with the certificates used for signing the apk. Some people have reported issues with the new version, stating the app claims to be incompatible with their phones.

Now on my phone it still works, I think it might have something to do with the previous version still being installed on the phone. So I recommend removing any previous versions before installing.

You can find the app by searching for 'Steam Droid Chat' on the Android Market. It's the one with the green logo (there's another app with a similar name, please note that my app is free).

The source is available at GitHub, I'll post a link as soon as I'm allowed to do so.

Please let me know what you think and if you encounter any bugs.

Edit: I noticed the title is incorrect, I'm sorry for that, could a moderator change it? It's an app and the minimum Android version is 2.2.

Last edited:

hene193

Aug 21, 2011
hene193.com
Amazing app!

I can finaly chat with my friends on the road :D

You could add user name and password on start screen. It's kinda hard to find it.

So here is link for the app (in QR code format)

img.php

HTML:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.flyingpie.steamdroid#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwiY29tLmZseWluZ3BpZS5zdGVhbWRyb2lkIl0.

Hope these will help for downloading :D

Reactions: The Mad Man

ooie

Dec 12, 2010
I guess this question will arise sooner or later so let's get this out of the way:

How is our login info treated? Where is it sent and how? My Steam account is quite valuable and I'm not taking any chances with it.

I mean no disrespect, I've been waiting for an app like this for ages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dukko

DoctorLock

Jan 15, 2012
I guess this question will arise sooner or later so let's get this out of the way:

How is our login info treated? Where is it sent and how? My Steam account is quite valuable and I'm not taking any chances with it.

I also want to know if this app is trustworthy with login info.

Also, is there any chance of getting group chat on this app? That would be really nice.

Reactions: Dukko

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Steam friends app for Android, for mobile chatting with friends on Valve's Steam platform.

I've released version 1.1 yesterday, after a fail with the certificates used for signing the apk. Some people have reported issues with the new version, stating the app claims to be incompatible with their phones.

Now on my phone it still works, I think it might have something to do with the previous version still being installed on the phone. So I recommend removing any previous versions before installing.

You can find the app by searching for 'Steam Droid Chat' on the Android Market. It's the one with the green logo (there's another app with a similar name, please note that my app is free).

The source is available at GitHub, I'll post a link as soon as I'm allowed to do so.

Please let me know what you think and if you encounter any bugs.

Edit: I noticed the title is incorrect, I'm sorry for that, could a moderator change it? It's an app and the minimum Android version is 2.2.
    Amazing app!

I can finaly chat with my friends on the road :D

You could add user name and password on start screen. It's kinda hard to find it.

So here is link for the app (in QR code format)

img.php

HTML:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.flyingpie.steamdroid#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwiY29tLmZseWluZ3BpZS5zdGVhbWRyb2lkIl0.

Hope these will help for downloading :D

I also want to know if this app is trustworthy with login info.

Also, is there any chance of getting group chat on this app? That would be really nice.