• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Step backward from the LG G2

Search This thread

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
This is what I do. Just waiting for new iPhone. I need good phone for my work doing IT support remotely for my clients 30% from mobile. Since beginning of this year it's my 3rd phone. Last year i had 5 :). For some people spend £500 every 3 months is f....all- if i want to sell then I will. Don't realy care... Read my other posts about problems last week with this 'amazing mobile' then answer my question: is it worth me to keep it?

When I heard waiting for new iphone. I stopped reading after that.....

prfraczek

Dec 13, 2012
Do you think I like saying this? I love android for customization, rooting, software I can run. Just ui need little polishing but unfortunately google don't understand this or just won't understand. They've been saying bollocks that their system need better hardware or developers need to polish the software for last 7 years and then next version of android will be much smoothly and less laggy bla bla bla. But from customer point of view when I run teamviewer then jump to my notes just to read some info and when back to the remote machine- this one is already locked or disconnected and see low memory problem etc. When use navigation then jump to read new email then back to navi - software is sooi laggy and no GPS- need restart whole phone but not easy when driving car. Why skype is sooo sluggish? Why push emails sometimes get after 15 minutes? Why when I scrolling everywhere the text just jumping and cannit be smooth like ios? Just very small things but very annoying and I'm sure google can fix this... I hate that ios is locked by apple, hate fuc.... Itunes and files, videos incompatibility. But if android cannot do the job for me... Why i had over 7 android phones for past 2 years... Just looking for something what will be good for me. And I'm not trolling I'm saying true.

Reactions: geoff5093

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Hmm you are telling us 'no lag' so can you explain the below post, please?

Hahaha. How old r u?

You must be using an iPhone, because you missed the part where I was instructed on how to apply the fix, probably due to your small iPhone screen I guess. After applying the tip on how to remove the gpu throttling, I now I have NO lag when gaming. Anyway, we will all miss your posts once you buy your IPhone, since you won't need to post in an android forum anymore, right buddy?

Don't feed the trolls

Last edited:

grifter9931

Jun 26, 2011
Sierre Madre
Just out of curiosity what servers are taking 15 minutes to send pushed emails to you?

Scrolling can be very annoying on some sites.

Gps is hit and miss, even with an IOS device telecom provider is a big part of that as well.

Also if your remote app is crap then its crap. Are you jumping from notes to the remote software? Sometimes if its a slow sever and there is load on it logging in to do anything will be slow and arduous.

I have used both platforms to do remote work. These devices are not really optimized for doing that type of work. Can you use them yo do it? Sure, but you should know better by now that it is not ideal.

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Just out of curiosity what servers are taking 15 minutes to send pushed emails to you?

Scrolling can be very annoying on some sites.

Gps is hit and miss, even with an IOS device telecom provider is a big part of that as well.

Also if your remote app is crap then its crap. Are you jumping from notes to the remote software? Sometimes if its a slow sever and there is load on it logging in to do anything will be slow and arduous.

I have used both platforms to do remote work. These devices are not really optimized for doing that type of work. Can you use them yo do it? Sure, but you should know better by now that it is not ideal.

Sorry, but the guy is obviously a troll. If you look at all of his posts, he is constantly praising ios, while bashing/complaining about android. He even talks about how great his apple headphones work. These guys are hilarious!

Last edited:

prfraczek

Dec 13, 2012
Sorry, but the guy is obviously a troll. If you look at all of his posts, he is constantly praising ios, while bashing/complaining about android. He even talks about how great his apple headphones work. These guys are hilarious!

My girlfriend's headphones. Second- I've got sennheiser headphones:). BTW can't really talk with someone who uses 'troll' word due to my position and status. Probably you already noticed that this is public forum not just for kids playing games.

To answer questiones: I'm using TeamViewer app for remote access and OneNote for notes . There is no issues with Exchange 2010 which seat on one of my hyper-v machines. Just the G3 push client (activesync) random freeze. On this server I've got another 96 people and no complaints.

And yes I had every previous iPhone, iPad and probably every android phone (just top versions samsung, htc, lg). My girlfriend can confirm this- she's not happy every 2-3 months when I'm playing with a new device hahaha. But I'm IT and love these toys which also make money for me.

grifter9931

Jun 26, 2011
Sierre Madre
So basically, you have never been happy with any device you have ever had?

I use a vnc viewer as well as another remote app. If your email is your own do you have any issues from any other mail sever?

Do you have any other devices receiving email from that same server and do they have the same time lag?

Also apple headphones are horrible. Iems from say westone or shure are decent. Iems from a custom shop can be ideal depending on a lot of other factors.

If you are having issues with the mail client on this phone then chances are it is the same for other devices. Hence why i asked about any other devices.

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
I use Enhanced Email for ActiveSync into our corporate email and the only time I don't get instant delivery and reception of messages is when that stupid, Microsoft-designed eXchange Server has gotten off the rails again at headquarters.

By the way, Skype is also a Microsoft product now and they have just recently blocked usage of any but the most recent clients.

prfraczek

Dec 13, 2012
So basically, you have never been happy with any device you have ever had?

I use a vnc viewer as well as another remote app. If your email is your own do you have any issues from any other mail sever?

Do you have any other devices receiving email from that same server and do they have the same time lag?

Also apple headphones are horrible. Iems from say westone or shure are decent. Iems from a custom shop can be ideal depending on a lot of other factors.

If you are having issues with the mail client on this phone then chances are it is the same for other devices. Hence why i asked about any other devices.

I was almost happy with lumia 1550 but can't say this here due to the trolling comments hahaha. But as I said android- this is what allowing me to do the 'proper' job.
On teamviewer I've got over 200 hosts and i just cannot go and setup vnc host on all of them plus different sites so every time vpn as well. This will kill me :(
Email- once I'm back in my office I've got ipad and pc setup with the same exchange server and both are keep notifying me immediately after email arrive then after some delay g3. Same story with my 365 account.
Headphones- not worth to talk- someone quoted my post without proper reading...

grifter9931

Jun 26, 2011
Sierre Madre
I was almost happy with lumia 1550 but can't say this here due to the trolling comments hahaha. But as I said android- this is what allowing me to do the 'proper' job.
On teamviewer I've got over 200 hosts and i just cannot go and setup vnc host on all of them plus different sites so every time vpn as well. This will kill me :(
Email- once I'm back in my office I've got ipad and pc setup with the same exchange server and both are keep notifying me immediately after email arrive then after some delay g3. Same story with my 365 account.
Headphones- not worth to talk- someone quoted my post without proper reading...

I also have an email server running 2010. So far no issues with the email client. Interesting bout the Lumina 1550. I thought it wasn't a device I would consider for my daily uses. But if it works for you then it is what it is..

I freely agree about the headphones issue. Headfi is a better place for that discussion. For my purposes I have not had any issues remoting into any server with the G3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

insang-droid

Sep 24, 2013
Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

There's no perfect phone unless you make it yourself. Give Apple credit for holding on to its beliefs.

Few more critical benefits of G3 vs G2. Screen. I can wear my polarized and still need the screen in landscape. You can't do that with G2.
Vibration is so much more noticible on G3. I can actually feel the notifications and phone calls when phone is in my Jean pocket.

joja1

Jun 2, 2010
Missing LG G2

Well i am one of those who feels like i am using 3 year old device with android 2.3 missing my G2 so much no lag , no heat problem , here in G3 lag is everywhere , i am still amazed LG has still not yet fix it , G3 is there flag ship phone and it has sold nearly 10 million devices i dont think it will help LG in long run infact next time people will not buy LG device blindly , when i complain about so much lag and heat to there customer care they reply is that due to screen resolution its normal to have lag and heat just lower you brightness and when i ask them about any fix or update their reply is still they dont have any plans so folks if you want to have this phone then you have to live with it otherwise for me i might be selling it in couple of weeks

Fir3blade

May 16, 2011
Well i am one of those who feels like i am using 3 year old device with android 2.3 missing my G2 so much no lag , no heat problem , here in G3 lag is everywhere , i am still amazed LG has still not yet fix it , G3 is there flag ship phone and it has sold nearly 10 million devices i dont think it will help LG in long run infact next time people will not buy LG device blindly , when i complain about so much lag and heat to there customer care they reply is that due to screen resolution its normal to have lag and heat just lower you brightness and when i ask them about any fix or update their reply is still they dont have any plans so folks if you want to have this phone then you have to live with it otherwise for me i might be selling it in couple of weeks
Hear you....

Have my 3rd G3 since a week now, and I really want to like it, but I can't, no matter how hard I try, the G2 was an awesome device, but sadly I destroyed it..

Let's see what the Note 4 brings to the table tomorrow....

However, I won't keep the G3 for sure

shadehh

Mar 27, 2011

What? Have they really replied that they cant do much about it and rhat it is because of the screen or are you just making things up? Because it is the first time i hear of that

Edit: in terms of updates this phone has only been out since mid- late june feel free to correct me if im wrong but that is only 3-4 months. I do expect lg to make this phone more fluid the power is there. Im not sure about the gaming department but then again i dont game on phones. Either properly on my pc or not at all.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

kingofthebraves

Mar 11, 2010
Manila
Is the g3 really that bad? I have an s5 right now and the performance is pretty much average and definitely slower than my previous note 3. I'm thinking of swapping to the g3 with my friend but I have my apprehensions after reading this thread. Battery life on the s5 is about 5 - 6 hours SOT heavy use, how does the g3 hold up?

shadehh

Mar 27, 2011
Is the g3 really that bad? I have an s5 right now and the performance is pretty much average and definitely slower than my previous note 3. I'm thinking of swapping to the g3 with my friend but I have my apprehensions after reading this thread. Battery life on the s5 is about 5 - 6 hours SOT heavy use, how does the g3 hold up?

I have recently upgraded to version 10h and battery feels much better. I have had the phone for about 3 weeks. I have the feeling those minimal stutters will get evaluated sooner or later.

My battery results at 47% are from xda app, chrome browser, youtube and twitch.tv app with about 3 hours of screen on time usage on battery about 20 hours. Mainly on wifi and some phone calls and a good amount of whatsapp. Best result i have had so far, display percentage is hovering around 30percent auto. Im not one of those people who cranks the display brightness up as high as possible. I find it rather uncomfortable and i really just take what i need when it comes to brightness.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1409829835160.jpg
    1409829835160.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 1409829844245.jpg
    1409829844245.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

foxracer89

Nov 4, 2013
I have both devices (i still didnt decide which one to keep) and found few things:
1. G3 has better ccamera, but sometimes its white balance gets off. There is no option to change it
2. Cant compare battery but it looks like its gonna be similar.
3. QHD is visible for me but oversharpenning is kinda tacky.
4. White balance of display in g3. Colors are yellowish. I will submit comparison later, but currently its main reason Im not sure wether I'll keep it or not.
5. I notice occasional stutters in animations but have to check more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought the 32gb, 3gb ram version from Amazon DE. I watched a lot of review sites and they generally praised the phone and said the performance was good. Here my initial thoughts:

-- the screen is too warm and makes everything look dull when compared to LG G2
    -- Performance is very poor compared to the LG G2, G2 is snappy in comparison
    -- animations, scrolling etc are running at 10-15fps or it seems. Compared to the LG G2, its buttery on the G2. Im a sucker for smooth animations
    -- launching app - for some reasons there is a noticeable delay - that was rare on the G2
    -- battery poor compared to the LG G2
    -- games suffer from low frame rates compared to the LG G2.
    -- youtube chrome cast bug - not a problem on G2 - means I'm unable to use me chromecast now. Bugger..
    -- and the phone gets too hot..
    -- hissing when using AUX output in car.

Antutu show the G3 as having lower performance them the G2.

I sold my G2 and feel like have just been robbed by LG. Yes, i loved the G2 and was expecting more of the same.

All this at the cost of having a quad hd screen - a marketing spec stunt, processor is marginally better then G2 on paper and GPU is the same as the G2. In real terms a massive step backwards in almost all regards.

I feel ****...
    The fact that the N5 battery life is subpar doesn't excuse LG's thought process. In LG's ideal world, we're all loyal customers, and you're upgrading from the G, to the G2, to the G3 and so on. With the specifications, and a myriad of issues (some of which could be fixed by s/w fixes, most not), there is not sufficient reason to upgrade from the G2 to the G3, if you ask me.

Then don't upgrade? The S5 was virtually no upgrade from the S4. If you expected double the battery life, because of double the screen resolution, then you set yourself up for disappointment. There is no indication that the battery life, while not stellar won't be more than enough to get through the entire day, and possibly then some. People are bugging out because its only got 7 hours of web browsing or 10 hours of video streaming. I guess I just don't get it, then again, I actually have a job that requires me to do stuff, so I can't stare at my phone for 15 hours a day and expect the battery and screen on time to last the duration.
    One thing that bothers me about xda is it seems some users have.....i guess the best way to say it is tunnel vision. When someone points out a phones flaws like how laggy it is or how bad the battery is it seems almost everyones response is "oh thats a simple fix with root" "oh this rom will fix this" or "this dev will fix that". The xda community is just a small percentage of cellphone users. Most people dont know how to root there phones and could care less about custom ROMs. And i know there are other xda members like myself who dont always root there phones and love xda for all the information and help you can get from this wonderful community. My point is dont defend a phones flaw with a fix thst requires root or ROMs. What matters is performance out of the box. If a phone has issues out the box then theres something wrong with the phone.

SENT FROM MY ROCKING HK M8
    Hopefully someone from LG will read it. This phone is the biggest shi..... I have ever had. It cannot be ompared to Lg G2- why i sold it!!!??? Now awaiting iPhone 6 then goodbye lg. They should fire every person who is responsible for this laggy brick!!!

Now this, this is the type of compelling review that is sure to skew the masses from buying a G3. Just an all around well thought out, and worded review. Kudos!