• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Step counter not working and always asking for pin after latest update

Search This thread

theston.e.fox

Sep 5, 2021
My partner and I both have a Galaxy 4 watch, I have the 44mm Galaxy 4 Watch and my partner has the 40mm Galaxy 4 Watch (neither are classic versions).

We've both done the latest firmware update and we're both facing a similar issue.

Neither of the watches now count steps properly, we can walk and walk and it says 0 steps have been counted.

And I my watch because I use Google Pay it needs a pin setting, and every so often with the watch on my arm it will request me to enter the pin even though I've not removed the watch from my arm.

Rebooting the watch seems to fix the step counter not working for a while, but then it goes back to not working again after a while.

Is anyone else noticing this issue with the latest firmware? Or is this a hardware issue maybe with the heartbeat sensor not working? It's weird for it to happen to both watches if it is hardware related.

* Edit: Also I don't have any work email on my phone, so nothing that will be causing the pin to be forced on

Barmenchik

Jul 15, 2012
North East of England
My partner and I both have a Galaxy 4 watch, I have the 44mm Galaxy 4 Watch and my partner has the 40mm Galaxy 4 Watch (neither are classic versions).

We've both done the latest firmware update and we're both facing a similar issue.

Neither of the watches now count steps properly, we can walk and walk and it says 0 steps have been counted.

And I my watch because I use Google Pay it needs a pin setting, and every so often with the watch on my arm it will request me to enter the pin even though I've not removed the watch from my arm.

Rebooting the watch seems to fix the step counter not working for a while, but then it goes back to not working again after a while.

Is anyone else noticing this issue with the latest firmware? Or is this a hardware issue maybe with the heartbeat sensor not working? It's weird for it to happen to both watches if it is hardware related.

* Edit: Also I don't have any work email on my phone, so nothing that will be causing the pin to be forced on
Updated today, DUJA, there are no problems described by you! Everything works.