Steps history missing from Gear S2

Search This thread

dadonev

Apr 21, 2014
Hello,

My step history for previous days does not show on the watch. I can only see the bars in the graph, but the numbers are 0. Current day is shown ok.
S Health on the phone is fine.

Tried resetting the watch and reinstalling S Health - doesn't help. Is this a known issue?

dadonev

Apr 21, 2014
I spoke to Samsung support. They told me that this is how it's supposed to be, and steps history will only be visible in S Health. I call this bullsh*t...

dwallersv

Dec 10, 2007
California
I spoke to Samsung support. They told me that this is how it's supposed to be, and steps history will only be visible in S Health. I call this bullsh*t...
It is BS. I'm currently looking at history on my S2 going back to 3/12. Nearly 3 weeks of history.

Why does it only go back to 3/12? Because that's the day all previous history was erased somehow. No idea how, but on 3/12 I was going through the same motions as the OP and other posters here: What happened to my step history? It's all still there on the S6. I tried resetting too, no dice.

It's a bug, folks. And Samsung is simply unwilling to invest ANY money in fixing bugs on the S2. They're working on the S3.

AliceBToklas

Dec 24, 2009
Guess I'm lucky as mine shows everything back to the day I bought it. Wonder what is different? I have the 3g version on Verizon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using XDA Premium HD app

dadonev

Apr 21, 2014
Firmware probably. I'm still on XXU2BOKK which was issued in December (no airplane mode etc.). Wonder when the update will hit me as well...

LauCass

Sep 13, 2010
Marseille
I have the problem with R720 model on XXU2CPB7, so it must not be related to the firmware version. My feeling is that it's related to recent S-Health update I got last week-end.

jay__ss

Mar 31, 2016
i had the same problem a few days ago, tried everything even factory resets. today with the new firmware update it is fixed. (R720xxu2cpc5)