[STEPS] How to Recover from bad IMEI

Search This thread

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
My problems starts after i flash SlimSaber over the Oxygen OS
Somehow it erase the EFS

Download the package here https://mega.co.nz/#!c0c1lZ7L!ADILW66W-aG0TNcuDzLd13pK6hjcq7omJhPxMiXUjZo
My case : NO WIFI, NO IMEI, AND NO SIGNAL. And on CM11S (install it via fastboot), and rooted + supersu
I did erase the modemst1, modemst2 and the persist. But still it didn't fix it
And i did try to run some command in the TWRP's terminal, but still not fix

What i did :
1. Download the packages
2. Open CMD and type : (Your phone is still on, and on the homescreen)
adb shell
su
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
3. Go to Device Manager, and see A0001 on the Other Devices
4. Right click on it and select Update Driver --> Browse blablabla --> Let me pick blablabla --> Show all devices and next --> Have Disk --> Browse --> Now, go to the downloaded Packages, and see Driver --> Select your OS (Win x64 or x86), in my case it's Win x64. Select Select and Install it anyway
5. Now, you'll see it named HTC Modem, now right click on it, but i forgot which tab that i click to see the COMx part..
6. Now, go to QPST folder, and rename QPST 2.7.411.msi to QPST.2.7.411.msi. And now, open Setup.exe
7. Go to Program FIles(x86), open Qualcomm/QPST/bin/QPSTConfig.exe
8. Now, on the QPST App, select Ports tab --> Add New Ports --> Uncheck Show Serial and USB blablabla. Now, your "modem" will shows there. Make sure that it's the same with COMx in the properties --> Ok
9. Now, press Start Clients --> Restore --> Browse the QCN files on the Downloaded Packages files. And press Start
10. After it "stuck" in 100%, unplug your phone and restart it
11. a) If you have Wifi and Signal, you're done !
b) If you still don't have wifi (Like mine) BUT on About Phone --> Status, the signal shows some number of dBm and ASU ;

To Fix the Signal :
1. Flash the modem that included in the Downloaded Packages
2. Now check

To Fix the Wifi :
Well, this one i found it by myself (i think)
1. Some says that you need to flash ColorOS in order to make it work. But since i don't have ColorOS because of slow download speed, i flash the Hydrogen OS instead
2. I don't know why but the Wifi suddenly work

Now, you should be able to use the Wifi and Mobile Data, and you can flash another ROM

Thanks to @rombdeta for providing the steps and the original thread :D

Press thanks if it helped you

Last edited:

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
OnePlus 6
I was one who messed up with my efs partition and went to no wifi no signal no network
Mine that time i followed almost all procedures from xda but no luck finally i came to rombdeta thread but i actually can't understand his procedure properly tried but no luck

Finally went to service center they flashed oxygen os and everything was came back again they gave me back my phone on the same day but expenses from my home town to service center was 1500 rupees what the f....... K( personally i also tried several times oxygen os but don't know it not worked)

If that time u have posted this thread for how to use @rombdeta procedures properly there will be no head ache.....

Thanx for posting it will be helpful to some one

qbanlinxx

Mar 30, 2011
Orlando
There is a fix all package on the oneplus forums, that helped me out. I tried everything you stated OP, and my OPO was still not working correctly. After I flashed the OPO windows fix from the forum,my phone is like new. If anyone needs a link, I'll be more then happy to search for it

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

qbanlinxx

Mar 30, 2011
Orlando
Here is the thread for the link, yes I'm aware that its posted for the touchscreen fix. What this fix will do is wipe every single partition and reflash it correctly.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/touchscreen-issues-patch-from-opo-techsupport.278636/

Here's the link for the download

https://s3.amazonaws.com/oneplussupport/ONEPLUS+ONE-FIX-Windows.zip

Extract the zip, click the read me and run the batch files how it says. I tried every other fix there is, wipe persist, reflash factory image, flash the color is, I mean I tried everything. This is what made my phone fully functional

maskelisuvari

May 16, 2010
Here is the thread for the link, yes I'm aware that its posted for the touchscreen fix. What this fix will do is wipe every single partition and reflash it correctly.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/touchscreen-issues-patch-from-opo-techsupport.278636/

Here's the link for the download

https://s3.amazonaws.com/oneplussupport/ONEPLUS+ONE-FIX-Windows.zip

Extract the zip, click the read me and run the batch files how it says. I tried every other fix there is, wipe persist, reflash factory image, flash the color is, I mean I tried everything. This is what made my phone fully functional

Thanks for your information :)

woolmonkey

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks this fixed my phone but it has disabled LTE for some reason. I know it flashed the Chinese EFS but I have made the changes to the nvram and it still doesn't connect to the late network.

evertking

May 25, 2013
Well, glad I found this thread. I'm going to try these next. I flashed it back to stock in hopes that would fix my problem. But still got a case of the reboots and a shady IMEI. Man.. Why did I not back up my efs!!! Ugh.. So one a good note, this is fixable, right? Or am I gonna have to go ahead and get the OP2? My OP1 is not even a yr old I should be able to get it repaired, right?

qbanlinxx

Mar 30, 2011
Orlando
Well, glad I found this thread. I'm going to try these next. I flashed it back to stock in hopes that would fix my problem. But still got a case of the reboots and a shady IMEI. Man.. Why did I not back up my efs!!! Ugh.. So one a good note, this is fixable, right? Or am I gonna have to go ahead and get the OP2? My OP1 is not even a yr old I should be able to get it repaired, right?

Look at my posts a few pages back, I was suffering from the same and got it fixed

Reactions: evertking

evertking

May 25, 2013
Look at my posts a few pages back, I was suffering from the same and got it fixed

Thanks for the reply. Im busy right now but will try this later. I was worried I had a brick on my hands. So did you lose 4g and if you flash ROMs do you have to apply the fix every time?

hasanjaved

Mar 20, 2008
I'm trying your method to get back my imei #. I tried every other method in the forum but no gain. Please help me I'm unable to install the drivers. When trying to install driver It says " The specified location does not contain information about your hardware". Please please please help me.
Thanks
Edit:
I managed to install the drivers on windows 10 and restored the imei but now I'm getting only 3g not networks when selecting 2g or 4g. I flashed the XNPH44S-modem from TWRP also. But still no 2g/LTE
Please help.

Last edited:

dempixels

Dec 9, 2016
Can I fix IMEI on a official rom?? I don't have IMEI on my official rom but my sim slot works and my wi-fi works. should I flash the XNPH44S-modem?

please I really want to get my phone to working again. I am so close!

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
I'm trying your method to get back my imei #. I tried every other method in the forum but no gain. Please help me I'm unable to install the drivers. When trying to install driver It says " The specified location does not contain information about your hardware". Please please please help me.
Thanks
Edit:
I managed to install the drivers on windows 10 and restored the imei but now I'm getting only 3g not networks when selecting 2g or 4g. I flashed the XNPH44S-modem from TWRP also. But still no 2g/LTE
Please help.

Would you be kind enought to share the drivers pls? Link is dead.

And can you tell me how to install them?

Tnx in advance.

yurais

Feb 10, 2008
Hello !
can you please share only the QCN file from the archive ?
as I believe it is the unique thing I need right now, and the archive is a big download...

thanks

Somehow it erase the EFS

Download the package here https://mega.co.nz/#!c0c1lZ7L!ADILW66W-aG0TNcuDzLd13pK6hjcq7omJhPxMiXUjZo
My case : NO WIFI, NO IMEI, AND NO SIGNAL. And on CM11S (install it via fastboot), and rooted + supersu

What i did :
1. Download the packages
adb shell
su
4. Right click on it and select Update Driver --> Browse blablabla --> Let me pick blablabla --> Show all devices and next --> Have Disk --> Browse --> Now, go to the downloaded Packages, and see Driver --> Select your OS (Win x64 or x86), in my case it's Win x64. Select Select and Install it anyway
5. Now, you'll see it named HTC Modem, now right click on it, but i forgot which tab that i click to see the COMx part..
6. Now, go to QPST folder, and rename QPST 2.7.411.msi to QPST.2.7.411.msi. And now, open Setup.exe
8. Now, on the QPST App, select Ports tab --> Add New Ports --> Uncheck Show Serial and USB blablabla. Now, your "modem" will shows there. Make sure that it's the same with COMx in the properties --> Ok
9. Now, press Start Clients --> Restore --> Browse the QCN files on the Downloaded Packages files. And press Start
b) If you still don't have wifi (Like mine) BUT on About Phone --> Status, the signal shows some number of dBm and ASU ;

To Fix the Signal :
2. Now check

To Fix the Wifi :
1. Some says that you need to flash ColorOS in order to make it work. But since i don't have ColorOS because of slow download speed, i flash the Hydrogen OS instead

Now, you should be able to use the Wifi and Mobile Data, and you can flash another ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Somehow it erase the EFS

What i did :
    1. Download the packages
    adb shell
    su

To Fix the Signal :
    2. Now check

To Fix the Wifi :

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone