Stereo Speaker Mod for OOS

ram4ufriends

Aug 12, 2014
San Antonio
This module allows the earpiece to be used as speaker, and mods the microphone pickup when recording video. Audio from earpiece might not be as clear as main speaker. This module was tested on Oxygen OS 4.5.5 version, but should work on other versions as well.

This module was originally created by @magura320 for OnePlus 3T. I have used this on OnePlus 3T and now ported to OnePlus 5. This is my first mod on XDA, so please be patient with any issues. Let me know if I have missed any credits and would be happy to add them.

Please visit OnePlus 3T thread for OP 3T downloads..
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/help/mod-stereo-speakers-t3540948

Downloads:
OP5_Stereo Sound Mod.zip - Install the Mod using custom recovery like TWRP.
OP5_Revert to Stock Sound.zip - Revert the mod using custom recovery like TWRP.
OP5_Stereo Sound Mod_Magisk.zip - Install the Mod through Magisk (No revert step as of now).
mixer_paths_tasha-stereo.xml - If you don't want to install the above mods, you can just replace mixer_paths_tasha.xml in system/etc folder with attached file. (Remove "-stereo" from attached file).
mixer_paths_tasha-stock.xml - If something goes wrong, you can just replace mixer_paths_tasha.xml in system/etc folder with attached file. (Remove "-stock" from attached file).

Credits:
@magura320 - For original mod creation
@SpasilliumNexus - Magisk mod for OnePlus 3T

Attachments

Last edited:

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
For those of us that use Viper to enhance the phone speaker, this might be a really bad idea. I can just see the tiny earpiece speaker dying under the extra boost given by other sound mods. This is a great idea though and I would love to use it. Is there a way to regulate the level of sound out of that top speaker or is it just opening the flood gates and using the same power as the real phone speaker?

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Awesome, i miss this dual sound mod on my S7 Edge, now i retrieved this mod on my OP5 yeahhhhhh

Thanks !

TikiThePug

Feb 10, 2013
For those of us that use Viper to enhance the phone speaker, this might be a really bad idea. I can just see the tiny earpiece speaker dying under the extra boost given by other sound mods. This is a great idea though and I would love to use it. Is there a way to regulate the level of sound out of that top speaker or is it just opening the flood gates and using the same power as the real phone speaker?
I tested it and the earpiece is actually softer than the speaker. But you can definitely hear it when watching videos.

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
I did install this. I'm still apprehensive about turning it up too loud but it works well. It doesn't give off a ton of extra sound but it does sound more balanced which is nice.

ranaxda200

Jun 3, 2013
Kolkata
Is the stock mixer_paths_tasha for op5 only or both 3t nd 5? It'd be great if we manually can edit the mixer_paths section if that stereo editing section is reveled.

Deekshan95

Jul 10, 2017
Make it available for the stock recovery also

I've purchased op5 just now and I'm in no mood to install TWRP now but still wanna try this so can you make it available for flashing it to the stock recovery

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
I've purchased op5 just now and I'm in no mood to install TWRP now but still wanna try this so can you make it available for flashing it to the stock recovery
Without flashing TWRP you can't have root. My understanding is you need root or TWRP to install this. Pretty sure (like 99.9999%) that you can't flash stuff like this from stock recovery... Otherwise what would be the point of TWRP in the first place.

Sent from my OnePlus5 using XDA Labs