[STF-L09C432] How to install Oreo on your H9

Search This thread

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
So when it comes to the newly released EMUI8 for Honor 9 things get a little bit tricky, as we don't have any official update for our region yet (only for C900 and AL variants - chinese).
Every file i provided have been built during the way finding how stuff works on oreo - and alot of stuff changed
EDIT: Official update is out for C432 - i recommend to not use the provided TWRP for daily, reliable usage.

PART 1
0. download the B360a zip from my mega folder
1. read README.txt from fw zip and follow the steps carefully (easy install)
2. have fun with official oreo ;)

Rollback instructions
1. copy the rollback zip and nocheck recovery (!!oreo version!!) to the root of your MicroSD card
2. enable usb debugging in developer options
3. connect your phone to your computer, start an adb shell and issue the following commands:
Code:
dd if=/storage/sdcard1/STF_RECOVERY_OREO_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_ramdisk
dd if=/storage/sdcard1/STF_RECOVERY_OREO_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/erecovery_ramdisk
echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_rollback_al10c00b190.zip > /cache/recovery/command
4. last but not least reboot recovery, again in adb shell:
Code:
reboot recovery
5. your device should start to flash a chinese version of nougat (EMUI 5.1)
hint: if you get an error during the installation, just press the reboot button, it still boots.
device crashes during boot? do a low-level data partition format, boot into erecovery when you get asked to.

6. prepare the MicroSD (8gb atleast, exFAT formatted)
  1. download the C432 firmware and extract it
  2. copy the dload folder you extracted to the root of your MicroSD
7. if required unlock your bootloader
8. flash the nocheck recovery (nougat version) to recovery and recovery2 partition using fastboot
Code:
fastboot flash recovery STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img
fastboot flash recovery2 STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img
9. boot your device into force dload mode (keep vol+, vol- and power pressed until the installation starts)
10. you should boot into a fresh L09C432B100 installation

I've uploaded every file you need for the process to mega.nz - please do not mirror any of the stuff provided!
[url]https://mega.nz/#F!W1QUAIbZ!7Gbf79dC6NwD1e_zdY_O3Q[/URL]

Huge thanks to @LastStandingDroid for providing the modified SuperSU installation package.

Best Regards,
OldDroid

Last edited:

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
To fix the file manager, open your root file explorer and follow the steps carefully:
1. create a folder called "normal" in /cust/hw
2. create a second folder in the previously created one, name it "app"
3. now move HwCloudDrive_Local folder from /cust/hw/eu/app to /cust/hw/normal/app
4. reboot

Last edited:
Reactions: BobekMark

BobekMark

Nov 17, 2017
After I done the factory reset my themes lost again, and the boot animation too...and the apps....

I mean, I done everithing what you said and the themes come back...but after i relocked the bootloader its gone....like if i didn't do anithing :S (sorry for my bad English)

Should i try again? :) :D

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
After I done the factory reset my themes lost again, and the boot animation too...and the apps....

I mean, I done everithing what you said and the themes come back...but after i relocked the bootloader its gone....like if i didn't do anithing :S (sorry for my bad English)

Should i try again? :) :D
don't relock the bootloader after the whole process

BobekMark

Nov 17, 2017
don't relock the bootloader after the whole process

Ohh.... i see...ty :)
i will try it again :)

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

9521.jpg

5422.jpg

9663.jpg

4514.jpg

This is my result. :\

It's okay, or there should be some other apps? Or should it be C432 instead of C900 ? :S
(There is no Huawei Account option :S :( )

Last edited:

BobekMark

Nov 17, 2017

FlyingMachete

Sep 25, 2016
Papeete
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 10 Pro
Hi! And first of all, thanks a lot for this guide as you just gave hopeless H9 owners a bit of light... ;)
Now I haven't gone through the process yet but I got a bit confused as of part.3 (that is recommended but not needed), should we unroot BEFORE flashing Ramdisk and Recovery Ramdisk? I then have an old UnSu script by Osmosis, would it work or the "Full Unroot" option from the SuperSu app is okay?
Thanks in advance for your reply and Thanks again for this guide!! Cheers

L

LastStandingDroid

Ok...but i don't have Huawei "Support" or account or idk what.....but for example...the themes app is different, because i can't log in any Huawei Account ...it's not an option to log in :\ :(
149Screenshot_20171120_20.jpg
Install huawei services from play store but it won't help ;P

Because online themes is disabled by default

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So when it comes to the newly released EMUI8 for Honor 9 things get a little bit tricky, as we don't have any official update for our region yet (only for C900 and AL variants - chinese).
    Every file i provided have been built during the way finding how stuff works on oreo - and alot of stuff changed
    EDIT: Official update is out for C432 - i recommend to not use the provided TWRP for daily, reliable usage.

PART 1
    0. download the B360a zip from my mega folder
    1. read README.txt from fw zip and follow the steps carefully (easy install)
    2. have fun with official oreo ;)

Rollback instructions
    1. copy the rollback zip and nocheck recovery (!!oreo version!!) to the root of your MicroSD card
    2. enable usb debugging in developer options
    3. connect your phone to your computer, start an adb shell and issue the following commands:
    Code:
    dd if=/storage/sdcard1/STF_RECOVERY_OREO_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_ramdisk
    dd if=/storage/sdcard1/STF_RECOVERY_OREO_NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/erecovery_ramdisk
    echo --update_package=/sdcard/update_rollback_al10c00b190.zip > /cache/recovery/command
    4. last but not least reboot recovery, again in adb shell:
    Code:
    reboot recovery
    5. your device should start to flash a chinese version of nougat (EMUI 5.1)
    hint: if you get an error during the installation, just press the reboot button, it still boots.
    device crashes during boot? do a low-level data partition format, boot into erecovery when you get asked to.

6. prepare the MicroSD (8gb atleast, exFAT formatted)
    1. download the C432 firmware and extract it
    2. copy the dload folder you extracted to the root of your MicroSD
    7. if required unlock your bootloader
    8. flash the nocheck recovery (nougat version) to recovery and recovery2 partition using fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img
    fastboot flash recovery2 STF_RECOVERY_NoCheck.img
    9. boot your device into force dload mode (keep vol+, vol- and power pressed until the installation starts)
    10. you should boot into a fresh L09C432B100 installation

I've uploaded every file you need for the process to mega.nz - please do not mirror any of the stuff provided!
    [url]https://mega.nz/#F!W1QUAIbZ!7Gbf79dC6NwD1e_zdY_O3Q[/URL]

Huge thanks to @LastStandingDroid for providing the modified SuperSU installation package.

Best Regards,
    OldDroid
    AOSP oreo to arrive soon thanks to Project treble!
    i have a generic build up and running already on my H8P, which is almost fully working, it still needs some adjustments to get a few things up and running properly, but those things are beeing fixed soon!

Regards
    weird story, i uploaded it, but the file is not there, do not ask me why!

I re-upload it in the afternoon.

Regards
    Anybody managed to install MAGISK on Oreo? I get Error Message when installing in TWRP "unable to detect boot image"
    If yes can you make a noob tutorial maybe? :)
    as i stated, the twrp is not made for normal usage, wait for our oreo twrp release today.

Regards
    Oh i got it now... In Alaska a day can last up to almost 3 months. :laugh:
    my days usually take up to 2 weeks depending on what i'm doing, my current focus is on booting treble aosp 8.1.

Regards