STF_EMUI5.1_TWRP V2 with Dual Recovery Support (Stock and TWRP)

Search This thread

4r44444

Jul 13, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11
That's no bug. Stock ROM is encrypted by default, which leads to the weird folders. To decrypt you need to go to the wipe section in TWRP and choose "Format data". You will lose all your data. After that you can install Magisk and setup your device.

Sent from my STF-L09 using XDA Labs

Ok I did it... now the strange folders are away... but have bootloop now... (Boots to Huawei Logo than smartphone restarts... after some fails it boots to Huawei eRecovery).....

Tried to do factory reset in TWRP... still looping.... what went wrong, an you help me please :3

EDIT: FIXED BY ALSO WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE

Last edited:

letterio

Mar 13, 2015
Ok I did it... now the strange folders are away... but have bootloop now... (Boots to Huawei Logo than smartphone restarts... after some fails it boots to Huawei eRecovery).....

Tried to do factory reset in TWRP... still looping.... what went wrong, an you help me please :3

EDIT: FIXED BY ALSO WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE

Try to stock stock recovery and make factory reset after it should go.

freibergisch

Well made, but why nobody made it for P10? As far as I know, both devices are quite similar to each other.. Both powered by Kirin 960 and both uses 64/4 combo.. I also know, that this is not the P10-forum, but wanted only answers..
Good job, flash this with fastboot flash method, or how will it be flashed? Aren't there problems with data encryption (or decryption?) on other Android 7 - smartphones?

BR

Marcus

PalakMi

Aug 18, 2016
Oujda
Well made, but why nobody made it for P10? As far as I know, both devices are quite similar to each other.. Both powered by Kirin 960 and both uses 64/4 combo.. I also know, that this is not the P10-forum, but wanted only answers..
Good job, flash this with fastboot flash method, or how will it be flashed? Aren't there problems with data encryption (or decryption?) on other Android 7 - smartphones?

BR

Marcus
Basically because no developer have the p10(to test) or interest to develop for it
Plus they are quite different

freibergisch

I do not see the differences but I did not read all the specs. I bought the P10 because it is the flagship and could get custom firmwares later this year. Now I think I brought the "wrong" device (I was looking for a Honor 8 but newer phone is just the P10, so I took it..) nevertheless, the P10 is great, too! :)

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

PalakMi

Aug 18, 2016
Oujda
I do not see the differences but I did not read all the specs. I bought the P10 because it is the flagship and could get custom firmwares later this year. Now I think I brought the "wrong" device (I was looking for a Honor 8 but newer phone is just the P10, so I took it..) nevertheless, the P10 is great, too! :)

Well, no one knows, it may get custom ROMs in the future

jerryhou85

Senior Moderator | Developer Committee
Staff member

BR

Marcus
TWRP for P10 is there already... You may want to discuss P10 in that thread... :)
[VTR][BETA][TWRP 3.1.1-0 for EMUI 5.x]

adriansticoid

Jul 5, 2014
San Pedro, Laguna

I'm sure OpenKirin team will give a few ones for the P10 too.

Sent from my DUK-L09 using XDA Labs

freibergisch

Today we are very glad to see the Openkirin work on our devices Already openkirin team given a beta version of twrp for P10, i'm sure they will bring soon Los 14.1 for P10.
From where you got this information? TWRP Beta is present for a longer time. But no newer release I know.. Aospa please ;) not LOS :D

sunilpolavarapu

Jun 17, 2016
Hyderabad
From where you got this information? TWRP Beta is present for a longer time. But no newer release I know.. Aospa please ;) not LOS :D

I saw the info in a third-party site . But officially not there any info about this. May be we except that it will.... By the way the thread is labelled as dual recovery support . what is this mean ? Like dual boot recovery instead of os.

ari.takku

Nov 30, 2013
Honor 9 european root?

Dear All,
I'm about to buy a new phone. Considering Honor 8 and 9 (or perhaps Huawei P10), but as the specs are pretty much the same, the most important issue for me is the restoration of apps from TitaniumBackup. Therefore, can someone please confirm if the Honor 9 (European) rooting works?

itisiryan

Jun 15, 2017
Beijing
Dear All,
I'm about to buy a new phone. Considering Honor 8 and 9 (or perhaps Huawei P10), but as the specs are pretty much the same, the most important issue for me is the restoration of apps from TitaniumBackup. Therefore, can someone please confirm if the Honor 9 (European) rooting works?
Of course you can root it very well.

sunilpolavarapu

Jun 17, 2016
Hyderabad
Dear All,

For titanium backup , you can root your device & then backup your device. In case if you're an unrooted user..., then try Helium backup

freibergisch

I am using helium, too, for years. Works with and without su privileges. No need for using TB anymore because lot of data is synced with google servers and helium does its best.. TB and nandroid manager are only in usage on my rooted phones, not on my P10.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Recommend every user to use official TWRP: [OpenKirin][BETA][STF] TWRP 3.1.1-0

Credits:
    OpenKirin Team
    Chinese HUAWEI club forum, KangVIP@HRTeam.

This post is updated with V2 version which has fixed a few bugs from previous release. All users should use this V2 version.

V2 PC (install from PC, recommend for most users)
    Original Download Link: BAIDU
    Mirror: MEGA

V2 Phone (install from rooted phone)

Original Release (V1, Do NOT Use)
    Original download link: BAIDU
    This is a working TWRP 3.1.1 for Honor 9, originally from Chinese HUAWEI club forum, KangVIP@HRTeam.

This post is updated with V2 version which has fixed a few bugs from previous release. All users should use this V2 version.

V2 PC (install from PC, recommend for most users)

V2 Phone (install from rooted phone)

Original Release (V1, Do NOT Use)
    Original download link: BAIDU
    it's a shame that the chinese "devs" take credit for our work (TWRP settings -> last tab).
    Just by replacing the kernel and remove some branding/language ^^ anyway, a official build from us will be soon available.

Best regards
    Yeah same here, messed up with phh's. Do you have a stock boot.img? i forgot to backup mine.

Yes, I've boot.img from Magisk installation. If you have tried to install Magisk to, you probably have that Backup on the data partition.
    Anyway, I will upload it to for you.... use it a your own risk :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzXri3Q6G_WvYktHQ0k4VFp0dms

Unzip it before flashing thru twrp.
    Bad bug:

--->Can't acccess /sdcard in TWRP... when I do i don't get the files I put in the directory but it shows up like 20 strange folders which look like this "489g89hwsdhsaiufhw9fh3", "CuPHHHHG+++sdfiowef", and which are empty. :(

That's no bug. Stock ROM is encrypted by default, which leads to the weird folders. To decrypt you need to go to the wipe section in TWRP and choose "Format data". You will lose all your data. After that you can install Magisk and setup your device.

Sent from my STF-L09 using XDA Labs
    I managed to install Magisk! It worked for me by following these steps:

1. Flash the TWRP from this thread
    2. Format data
    3. Flash Magisk
    4. Flash stock recovery
    5. Do a factory reset with stock recovery
    6. Reboot into system and setting it up
    7. Download Magisk manager

Somehow the factory reset with stock recovery stopped the bootloop that @lcd4linux pointed out.