• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Sticker Boy Skin Review

Search This thread

rodger-sp

Aug 12, 2010
Cabot
www.igadgetgeek.com
(Update)
I have uploaded a video of the wood skin to You-Tube
http://youtu.be/nwD-jLsFuAk

StickerBoy has over 40 styles to choose from for the OnePlus One.
I received several different colors including one of the new styles called featherlight series it is about 25% thickness it's a high-quality vinyl with a bubble free adhesive. I also received a black carbon fiber and one of the World Series.
The carbon fiber has a three-dimensional carbon fiber pattern. To my surprise the wood vinyl has a three dimensional feel to it you can actually feel the woodgrain.
You can purchase the skins following configurations.
Combo 1 - Front, Back (sides attached to back) - Type 1 $24.95
Combo 2 - Front, Back, Sides - Type 2 $24.95
Combo 3 - Front, Back - Type 2 $18.95
Front only $9.95
Back only - Type 1 - (sides attached to back) $14.95
Back only - Type 2 $9.95
Sides only - can be used with Type 2 back or independently $9.95
Use discount code ( RT ) to receive 10% off your order at stickerboy . com

Installation is not complicated but I do recommend taking your time and using hairdryer after you've applied the skin will help the skin conform perfectly to the phone. I would say it took me probably about 15 minutes to apply the green skin.
This first photo shows the different style backs the one on the left has the sides attached and the one on the right is without the sides attached.
3325831_orig.jpg

The following photo shows what all comes in the combo 2 as you can see you get two full sets of side skins with this combo.

2362784_orig.jpg

The following photos are of the new Flat Army Green featherlight series.

8895614_orig.jpg

8538142_orig.jpg

8661112_orig.jpg

9665070_orig.jpg

693092_orig.jpg

9316519_orig.jpg

1171643_orig.jpg

The green skin has been installed for about a day and I have not had any problems with peeling or bubbling. I will continue to update this thread after a few more days.
My initial impressions of these skins are they are a great alternative to a slim case. They are not going to provide you with lots of drop protection but they will prevent you from getting scratches and scuffs on your brand-new phone.

Last edited:

cheapa55

Oct 4, 2007
I love their skins. I have it on my iPads and iPhones. I ordered it for the oneplus as well. I can't wait for it to arrive.

lemonspeakers

Jan 11, 2009
New York
These look nice, but as an anal person who loves perfection, I know I will hate that the back cover of our phones are not smooth (bumpy texture) and therefore, those little bumps underneath the sticker will annoy the hell out of me.

Dzhedaj

Sep 17, 2008
Seems these are not really meant to be used on the sandstone black. IMO looks like crap with thr texture beneath it.

Reactions: Shambola

Walto

Jul 12, 2007
Iisalmi
"Anal person", T9 or swipe epic fail of today man.

" The term*anal retentive*(also*anally retentive), commonly abbreviated to*anal,[1]*is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from*Freudianpsychoanalysis."
So quoting Wikipedia he can be anal without typos.
And end of off-topic.

Sent from my Oneplus One via Tapatalk

m4ssnet

Jun 27, 2008
Earth
Flashed, re applied root automatically with twrp, re-apply the scrolling smooth mod, now, my One, it's simply perfect for me.
Thanks Oneplus :good:

old_art

Mar 23, 2013
Malaysia
if we peel the skin off..will it affect on the sandstone texture?

worried the sandstone texture will ware or peel along with the skin

paarthdesai

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 2, 2012
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21+
does anyone has cutouts for the back of the opo? i am planning to make one for myself at home. i am having trouble in making the one plus logo cut out.
it is going to be a dirt cheap project. will be made in less than a dollar! i will never pay 9$ for a back when i can make similar one for significantly less money

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

" The term*anal retentive*(also*anally retentive), commonly abbreviated to*anal,[1]*is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from*Freudianpsychoanalysis."
    So quoting Wikipedia he can be anal without typos.
    And end of off-topic.

Sent from my Oneplus One via Tapatalk
    (Update)
    I have uploaded a video of the wood skin to You-Tube
    http://youtu.be/nwD-jLsFuAk

StickerBoy has over 40 styles to choose from for the OnePlus One.
    I received several different colors including one of the new styles called featherlight series it is about 25% thickness it's a high-quality vinyl with a bubble free adhesive. I also received a black carbon fiber and one of the World Series.
    The carbon fiber has a three-dimensional carbon fiber pattern. To my surprise the wood vinyl has a three dimensional feel to it you can actually feel the woodgrain.
    You can purchase the skins following configurations.
    Combo 1 - Front, Back (sides attached to back) - Type 1 $24.95
    Combo 2 - Front, Back, Sides - Type 2 $24.95
    Combo 3 - Front, Back - Type 2 $18.95
    Front only $9.95
    Back only - Type 1 - (sides attached to back) $14.95
    Back only - Type 2 $9.95
    Sides only - can be used with Type 2 back or independently $9.95
    Use discount code ( RT ) to receive 10% off your order at stickerboy . com

Installation is not complicated but I do recommend taking your time and using hairdryer after you've applied the skin will help the skin conform perfectly to the phone. I would say it took me probably about 15 minutes to apply the green skin.
    This first photo shows the different style backs the one on the left has the sides attached and the one on the right is without the sides attached.
    3325831_orig.jpg

The following photo shows what all comes in the combo 2 as you can see you get two full sets of side skins with this combo.

2362784_orig.jpg

The following photos are of the new Flat Army Green featherlight series.

8895614_orig.jpg

8538142_orig.jpg

8661112_orig.jpg

9665070_orig.jpg

693092_orig.jpg

9316519_orig.jpg

1171643_orig.jpg

The green skin has been installed for about a day and I have not had any problems with peeling or bubbling. I will continue to update this thread after a few more days.
    My initial impressions of these skins are they are a great alternative to a slim case. They are not going to provide you with lots of drop protection but they will prevent you from getting scratches and scuffs on your brand-new phone.
    These look nice, but as an anal person who loves perfection, I know I will hate that the back cover of our phones are not smooth (bumpy texture) and therefore, those little bumps underneath the sticker will annoy the hell out of me.
    Seems these are not really meant to be used on the sandstone black. IMO looks like crap with thr texture beneath it.
    I haven't had a chance to post my mini review until today. You can see a couple of pictures as well:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/stickerboy-skin-review-white-pearl-wood.90546/