[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Search This thread

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
OnePlus One
OnePlus 9R
First of all thanks for this great App. I have been using since the first day I met with Android, and it is simply awesome. Couple of days back I learned that it has online subtitle feature which is awesome. I like the app once again.

I have a kind of request and question here:
1. YouTube App can cast videos to Smart TVs and IPTV boxes with a oneclick only. My TV is not smart but I have IPTV box. Thnx to that I caqn caqst Youtube videos to my TV screen. Could that be possible for MX Player? One click button and oillaaa, my movie, series etc is on my TV screen....

Would that be possible? if yes how?

Tnx in advance.

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
[ERROR] MX Player Pro 1.9.19
That's what it says when I choose the bug report option on an affected video. Only VLC recorded videos are affected. All other videos work normally. I tried resetting my settings, but all it did was reset my settings.

On the bug report screen, there is an option to save as a file. Select that too & Press OK. It will save the bug report file in your internal storage. Kindly share that with us.

CSWDSTSO

May 12, 2018
I saved the bug report, but I don't see any option to share an attachment through this site. It saved as a .zip file.

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
I saved the bug report, but I don't see any option to share an attachment through this site. It saved as a .zip file.

Hi,

there is a manage attachment option on the reply page. If you can't find, kindly upload it on any cloud storages like Google Drive or Dropbox & share the link.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
According to the logs, FFmpeg has failed to get the video parameters (like resolution, frame rate).
It looks like an issue with your encoding settings.
Can you share a clip with us? If it's not possible in public you can share the link by private message.

We will investigate it further & will find a workaround for you.

HeyRicardo

Mar 29, 2014
MX Player pro: playing a video on 5.5" android LP smartphone I can see the symbol to rotate the screen to landscape/portrait (a square with a couple of arrows around it), which works when mirroring via miracast.
If I use an 8" tablet (wifi only), android LP and very same updated app version, I don't have that function, so I can't rotate it.
Is it by design or am I missing something? To me, I am using same settings in both cases.

silcat

Jan 31, 2015
Sending intent via Automate

It's not possible to directly use. But, If you are developing your own app, it's possible to pass the http headers through intent.
Kindly read https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/api for more info.

I used Automate (quite similar to Tasker on xda) to send an intent but stuck at Extras part since it's Dictionary type while MX Player takes "headers" as String type. Otherwise, with non-referer url, it worked perfectly.

Automate's documentation: https://llamalab.com/automate/doc/block/activity_start.html
What is the correct syntax to input Referer header into this intent ?

Edit: StringArray did the job. (Thanks to Henrik from LlamaLab)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thirumalai.K

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
MX Player pro: playing a video on 5.5" android LP smartphone I can see the symbol to rotate the screen to landscape/portrait (a square with a couple of arrows around it), which works when mirroring via miracast.
If I use an 8" tablet (wifi only), android LP and very same updated app version, I don't have that function, so I can't rotate it.
Is it by design or am I missing something? To me, I am using same settings in both cases.

can you export your settings & share with us?
It will help us to understand better. If the device reports as TV, it will be disabled.

doggerx

May 31, 2018
SBS Subtitle request

Hi,
i don't know if is it the right place to post a request sorry for this... Like the title i search in this forum but i can't find nothing to see subtitle with a google cardboard (or similar) when i watch a 3d movie (side by side for instance). Mx Player only show normal subtitle in the center of the screen but for the 3d films the subtitle need to split in the two half of the screen. Probably this request it's already done before but i can't find... If there is no possibility to do that i suggest to implement it! :p
Thank you!

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Hi,
i don't know if is it the right place to post a request sorry for this... Like the title i search in this forum but i can't find nothing to see subtitle with a google cardboard (or similar) when i watch a 3d movie (side by side for instance). Mx Player only show normal subtitle in the center of the screen but for the 3d films the subtitle need to split in the two half of the screen. Probably this request it's already done before but i can't find... If there is no possibility to do that i suggest to implement it! :p
Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, MX Player is yet to be optimized for the 3d mode or VR devices. Subtitle support for VR will be implemented when we implement the VR feature into MX Player itself.

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
Today I got an update to 1.9.24 but when I try to open MX Player Pro it crashes immediately..
Any idea?

Edit:
Okay, deleting data solved the issue..

Regards

Sent from my SM-G900F with Tapatalk

Last edited:

handers1234

May 26, 2016
How mx player does its font caching?Take it from /system/fonts?
So if i add new fonts to that folder and redo the font caching(clear font cache)will the newly added fonts get cached too/displayed?

Raccoon Brother <3

Mar 24, 2012
Yekaterinburg
Hello everyone.
The problem is that DTS sound does not work with HW+ decoder, while AC3 works without any issues. Is there any possible solution ?
Device: Xiaomi Mi Box (international version), android tv 6.0.

Thank you.

dharasty

Jun 20, 2018
I did a quick search, but I'm new to this forum and may not be using the search feature right. So my question is... has this been reported, and/or am I doing something wrong? Or: should I start a thread to ask this?

Apparent bug: "MX Player Pro" for Android (current version) seems to have a brightness bug: it sets brightness to a medium value, and swiping up/down on the left side of the screen adjust the volume, NOT the brightness. (The right side of the screen also adjusts volume.)

In "MX Player" (non-"Pro" version), this brightness feature is working (swipe up/down on left side adjusts brightness).

Known problem? Any pointers to a fix?

Thanks...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.
    I have just installed latest free version from Play Market.
    So many ads! In file list between file names, over video on pause. And at the bottom of screen, as before. Whats going on?
    @volpo222 @CDB-Man @USBhost

It's already reported in another thread.

This issue is a consequence of android bug that exists on 6.0. This is reproducible only when using native activity chooser for any streaming video (or a remote file). Once you set any app as default, other apps (including Stock one, Google Photos, MX, VLC, BSPlayer) will vanish from activity chooser (except some activities like ES media Player) after clearing the defaults. It was fixed on many nexus devices by Google in 6.0.1. I am not sure whether Nexus 9 is also patched or not.

Temporary solutions:
    1. Just install any new video player (or intent intercept) that you have never installed. Then open a remote video like smb or it may be any other streaming locations. Now you can see all misssing items.

2. Alternatively you must find the application which was set as default earlier. It's one of the application currently listed. If are unsure, uninstall one by one & check.

You can use any one solution from above. Once you got the list back, you can uninstall any new app you have installed or install the application which was set as default earlier.

Anyway Good News is that, I have already found the workaround & conveyed to the developer as well. It's internally fixed. Next version will bring the workaround for this Android Bug & some more tweakings also done to improve file association.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
    Hi Guys,
    In Note 4's stock video player when playing a movie and then screen mirrored to a smart tv the player/screen would turn black to save on battery. Is there a way to do that on MX Player?
    Thanks!
    The stock player probably casts video. MX has no casting feature at the moment, see the pinned topic: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/sticky-mx-player-chromecast-t2725253
    Hello,

Been using a Mediatek MT6592 device but switched to the Galaxy Note5. I missed the ClearMotion feature of the Mediatek processor, I used it with the HW decoder in MX Player. I have the following questions:

•For best picture quality, what should I choose? RGB 16-bit, RGB 32-bit, or YUV?
    •Is there an option to enable motion interpolation with MX Player? Or are there plans to include this feature? The MT6592 struggles with motion interpolation, but the Exynos 7420 can probably handle it
    •For best battery life, should I choose HW+ over HW?

Thanks.
    YUV if your device can handle it. I don't think the ffmpeg package includes motion interpolation (MX uses ffmpeg as a base). HW+ and HW should both use approximately the same amount of power.

What's the difference between sw, hw, hw+ decoder. I'm on a nexus 4 usually playing 720p videos. Is there one that would be better? Also when I play 1080p, sw has better quality that hw. Is there a reason for that?
    HW+ > HW > SW in that order, use HW+ where available. HW and HW+ use less power.
    joedonmurpy50 said:
    Hello my friends I have used mx player on all my phones why doesn't it play all formats of videos

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

You're going to have to provide more details than that.